• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would You Use A Caddy?

My son has a caddy daddy. I bought him his own bag and he makes me carry it all of the time. I now only carry his bag with a few of my discs and his. Much less to carry on my part now.

I figure he will carry my discs one day LoL.

the caddy strategy is something very lacking in disc golf. i say go get a big chested blonde who's a 10 and everytime your opponents go up to shoot have her bend over or make sexual noises.

I would only have a caddy if it was somebody I played with regularly. As others have said, to give advice and talk you out of bad shots. Also to make you feel more comfortable. Sometimes (even in casual play) it's nice to bounce shot ideas off each other or to have a second pair of eyes to spot a line you didn't see.

I had a buddy volunteer (I wouldn't have asked) to caddy for me at a recent final 9, and it was great. We learned the game together and have played regularly since. I didn't really take his advice off the tee but liked telling him my ideas. It helped me to visualize the shot and execute. He really helped when I got into a couple of jams. His advise was invaluable. It was great to not carry my bag too.

I would absolutely love another caddy.

Kind of on topic but kind of not...

I really want to caddy for Leiviska, Doss or EMac. I wish I could if they come to FL for a tourney. :(

I use Caddies from time to time, but only if they know my game. If I haven't played at least 20 rounds with you, you have no business carrying my bag. Like what was said before, Disc bags aren't that heavy and I have no problem carrying my own; I'm no pre-madonna. But under certain circumstances having a Caddy that knows your normal shot/disc selection can certainly be helpful!

I have never played a tourney. if I did, I would think a caddy might be nice, especially if it was someone I played with frequently who wasn't in the tourney themselves. First, you reduce the amount of fatigue caused by carrying discs. Second, you have a second set of eyes. You think a certain shot might be best, sometimes someone suggesting an idea might change your mind, or make you more certain that your choice was correct. I would take it simply for the second set of eyes

I use Caddies from time to time, but only if they know my game. If I haven't played at least 20 rounds with you, you have no business carrying my bag. Like what was said before, Disc bags aren't that heavy and I have no problem carrying my own; I'm no pre-madonna. But under certain circumstances having a Caddy that knows your normal shot/disc selection can certainly be helpful!

LOL

i hope you did that on purpose :D

My Dad caddied for me today. He enjoys it. He also helps keep me focused and can help keep me from making big mistakes. Not to mention that I don't have to carry my bag around all day. That is a really nice feature.