• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I had a mint colored natural beauty about a year and a half ago. I used to use it for forehands. lost it on hole # 12 of Parma's old layout. Had my name and number on it. Someone had to have picked it up.

I love my wraiths, they're my go to distance driver. A star wraith was the first disc I broke 400 with, and a pro wraith is the only disc I've managed to break 500' on flat ground with. I've got 3-4 in my bag, and pull them out a lot on longer courses.

goodbye star wraith

My 2yo daughter left my pink Star Wraith on the fairway the other day (#18 Grandview, DSM).
She was picking up my lie and toddling around with the discs and she dropped it and no one seemed to notice, until we were all strapped into our car seats.
Just couldn't go back. I hope the group behind me likes it as much as I did.
This is, like, the third time I've told this story, I just hope that the person who found it might read it somehow.

My 2yo daughter left my pink Star Wraith on the fairway the other day (#18 Grandview, DSM).
She was picking up my lie and toddling around with the discs and she dropped it and no one seemed to notice, until we were all strapped into our car seats.
Just couldn't go back. I hope the group behind me likes it as much as I did.
This is, like, the third time I've told this story, I just hope that the person who found it might read it somehow.

I was thinking, haven't I seen this story before? :p

It was really hard for me yesterday to resist paying $20 for a pretty yellow Star Wraith yesterday. I ended up just getting the Pro.

Couple of beauties I got from David Wiggins Jr.

72747_g.jpg

72748_g.jpg

Quick question that I thought of after seeing your post, Cali...

What's the deal with Augusta Wraiths? It seems like a few people love them and pay a lot for them. Are they just collector discs, or are they especially great throwers?

EDIT... also, those of you like Cali who have collector Wraiths or just a collection of throwers, post a pic for us to see! :thmbup:

:popcorn:

Augusta wraiths are the first run wraiths. It has been said that the Champ and star augusta wraiths are the most consistent molds there were of the wraiths.

Augusta wraiths are the first run wraiths. It has been said that the Champ and star augusta wraiths are the most consistent molds there were of the wraiths.

Augustas weren't the true "First Runs". The black Protostar stamped Star Wraiths were the actual first runs. The Augusta's are popular because they are super flat and fly faster and more consistent than any other run of Wraith ever produced. I threw them and loved them for a few years but moved on to the Destroyer since you can find consistency in current molds for a lot less money.

Here are a few more I have/had and used as throwers.

72752_g.jpg

72794_g.jpg

72795_g.jpg

72796_g.jpg

...and here is the disc that sparked my short stint with the Wraith. My first disc to break 350, my first ace and just a great thrower overall.

78619_g.jpg

birdied the only hole on my home course yesterday with a beautiful forehand that was sitting right under the pin. wooded straight fairway with a sharp sharp dogleg to the right...skipped right in there!

I have a Champion Wraith (that ive had for 2 years now) and this thing is crazy beat in! (Its the superman dyed in my pic) Its so beat in now it acts like a sidewinder, which makes for a TOTALLY badass disc! Wraiths are AMAZING discs!

great disc. i throw a star wraith for a roller disc and it delivers amazing distance. i recently lost an awesome glow champ wraith to a lake; boy, how i miss that disc....long, fast and just about destroyer like overstable.

cool story - one morning when i was living in nebraska i spent a whole morning at a park throwing this one dx wraith over and over trying to figure it out (i was relatively new to the sport) and this one kid, about 10 or 11, sat out there the whole morning just watching me throw. i was getting some pretty nice shots in and when i was done i walked over to the kid and gave him the disc and he immediately started throwing it. i coached him a little and he took it from there.

about an hour later my girlfriend and i were driving around town shopping and we passed by the park and he was still out there throwing it! i told my girl i hope he grows up to be world champ one day!

My first ace was with a star Wraith for $400. Then I got into the Augusta craze and never looked back. The Augusta is the best Wraith ever made. I just got another one and now have 7. I said I wouldn't need more but I got a few more in the past three months.
I love the E* wraiths as well. To me they are a grippy version on the Augusta. You can just let this thing rip and go forever.
I also hit 400' with a Wraith and it has been my most consistent driver (besides my teebird) I have thrown.