• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wrist Snapper DIY

...so I printed up an end to fit the pipe and hold the square magnet that I had.

giphy.gif

I've had this for awhile, and I really think it works. It's made a big difference in my drives.

I blew out the end of mine though, so I need to find some of the threaded tubing that was mentioned earlier.

Stumbled onto this thread somehow so I made one, but it really hurts my elbow when I try to do a full throw. I'm guessing that means I'm doing something wrong?

Stumbled onto this thread somehow so I made one, but it really hurts my elbow when I try to do a full throw. I'm guessing that means I'm doing something wrong?

I don't feel it in my elbow, but I do feel it it my hand. It feels more like the blood is rushing in though instead of any kind of pain.

add a video of your form...there are several folks here who are good at viewing video and giving advice.

It sounds like you might be pronating (turning thumb under) at the end of the swing instead of supinating (allowing thumb to turn over). I used to do that and it did hurt.

So, snap is wrist action. I didn't know that until now, I'm almost at my one year mark playing. I've been told on a few occasions while playing thru on the tee, that I have "snap". I'm LHBH, and one of those comments exclaimed "your a LHBH with snap, how awesome, I've never seen one from that side", being new I didn't have a clue what both comments were referring too, and didn't give it much thought until later.
All I know is my best distance is what I call a slow level draw with a brief slight angle as it draws, and then levels out, and I think that is where my best snap is showing itself? And I do feel something. If that's correct, its nothing particular I taught myself, and I don't know how or why its happening. Sometimes I get that same feeling and distance straight down the fairway, and on an occasion with a slight fade. Never happens with a hyzer.

I found this video really helpful in explaining the snapping of the wrist. Actually all of his videos are really good.

He's RandyC here on DGCR.

I found this video really helpful in explaining the snapping of the wrist. Actually all of his videos are really good.

Instead of PVC pipe you can make one from an old flashlight. These LED-flashlights are cheap and easy to find. The can also take a beating and often come with safety straps.

AvkD6eu

https://i.imgur.com/AvkD6eu

I removed the batteries and added magnet to the bottom.
A screw in a plug is a great choice since you can just screw it up or down to make the tip be closer to, or further away, from the magnet. Easy to modify in that way.

ezFap0o

https://i.imgur.com/ezFap0o

Attachments

• 20200824_152748.jpg
    20200824_152748.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200824_152731.jpg
    20200824_152731.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
UPDATE: The cap flew off. Shouldn't have been a surprise, but as I had been using it to warm up for months, I had gotten used to the idea that the cap was jammed on really well.

As I go to replace it with another cap and bolt, it occurs to me that the only end that really needs to be glued is the "outside" end. Centrifugal forces don't cause the cap on the end nearer my hand to fly off. And anyway, I hold the barrel between my fingers and cradle the nearer end in my palm anyway.

This is still a great warm-up tool. I've found it be be a much better indicator than the flight towel.

Rock on! (and glue the end!).

Segue from the prior post... I want to put a 4-5" extension on mine (on the magnet side) to mimic the goal of trying to fling the opposite end of the disc. Currently, where the screw sits in the hand is where the front end of the disc would be.

Awesome, thank you! If I understand, the weight of the screw can be adjusted as you get a stronger feel for the hit.

Correct. You can also turn the screw around so the the threaded end or the screwdriver end is towards the magnet. The screwdriver end is bigger so the magnet pulls on it harder.