• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

X Step

Good Call, I should have figured that bringing up a throwing strategy would just lead to pointless comments, Right? Oh yeah and thanks for your opinions on the "X Step" guys!!!

In fairness, you did post a completely general statement that probably 95% of disc golfers agree with. I'm not sure what kind of response you may have been expecting. Maybe if you had a question on the x-step, shared some thoughts on alternate run-ups, etc. you may have received some more valid responses.

Well sorry I just put a statement and not a question, Im not exactly a frequent "forum poster/blogger", maybe I should have just added, "what do you think?" at the end to make it a question. I didnt start using the x-Step untill a year ago, and most of the people I throw disc with know of the x-step yet they dont use it (and could still probably run most of the people on this forum). So I just thought by mentioning the x-step might lead into some discussion, guess I was wrong!! Instead it was more like, "in my opinion the most effective way to throw a disc is using your eyes" So ill be sure next time I disc to use my, "hand", "arm", and "fingers"!!!!!!! O yeah and "super"

I hope you realize everyone was kidding around and having a bit of fun.. no need to get bent out of shape.

For a long time, I used to look dowm my nose at non-backhanders. I've added the occasional side arm in my game though, like once or twice a round when I'm in a pinch. The jist is yes, we all agree with you.

Maybe I am missing something but I have seen and played a few of the local tournaments and have seen some of the best tossers in the world. I have yet to see anyone that can compete, not using the x-step as their regular motion. There are times when the feet must remain fixed but, I have never seen anyone tee off without using an x-step that I would consider to be competitive. Bottom line is that 98% of disc golfers use the x-step.

First of all I want to say that im not "bent out of shape", my "ultralight inferno" is bent out of shape. and believe me, nothing anyone says on a forum can get me angry, maybe it was my usage of ""quote's"" or exclamation marks!!!!!! that led you to believe I was mad, I was just messin around too, plus you have to agree that mild confrontation will lead into more conversation than non at all ;)

Latest posts