• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] XT Eagle

BigSky: Hmm, you're probably right, and I do like the sentiment. However, there are plenty of discs that a very low percentage of highly skilled players throw. I won't say "experienced" players because there are plenty of people playing 20+ years who've never finished a round under par. But I've yet to see the Archangel called out in the bag of any professional disc golfer. Probably there are one or two pros out there who bag one, but it's not a common mold to see in the bags of skilled players. For the most part it is a disc given to beginners.

However, this whole thread reads kind of wrong to me. The OP was asking for an XT Eagle, saying it would sell BETTER than an XT Archangel. Then 7ontheline replies as if the OP had been asking for an XT Archangel, which they weren't. And then you derail the discussion again by arguing about whether molds "for noobs" really exist. Strange thread.

Anyway, I will say that I agree with the OP that an XT Eagle would be nice and much better than an XT Archangel.

What a tease....give me my teebirds already, God damnit! Eagles would be fun too.

No Teebirds till I get eagles!

And to the other posters I do not throw any Archangels of any type, I just thought it silly that the Pro shop released them recently in XT. Musta grabbed the wrong mold parts, I am SURE they meant to make XT Eagles.

how can I break this to you....

Archangels are for noobs

Archangels are sooooo for newbs, BUT In the right hands they'd be able to hit some crazy lines. XT Eagles @ 159 would interest me for sure, but I won't be holding my breath.

Been playing over 20 year and I picked up my first Archangel the other day. It might be good for noobs, but its a damn good roller too. Once it's beaten in it might be a different story I dont know, but for now it's great. I've only had it a week or so and I've gotten several birdies and an eagle when using it. It almost feels like cheating. Those who say it's only for noobs, I hope someday someone beats you using it.

how can I break this to you....

Archangels are for noobs

archangels are awesome discs if you know how to throw them right.....so who is really the nub? hmmmmm

archangels are awesome discs if you know how to throw them right.....so who is really the nub? hmmmmm

QOLF 1.2 in your signature request... not a newb frisbee.

Archangles according to Innova have -4 turn and ,"Turnover distance driver that maximizes distance for less powerful players."

Isn't XT Innova's rebranding of Pro plastic? I like eagles for their stability so an eagle that quickly beats in is not making my bag.

Archangles according to Innova have -4 turn and ,"Turnover distance driver that maximizes distance for less powerful players."

Well Innova apparently wants to market their newer molds more.

Isn't XT Innova's rebranding of Pro plastic? I like eagles for their stability so an eagle that quickly beats in is not making my bag.

It's has a way better grip and stronger. It is prone to easy non-flight changingl cosmetic damage tho

I've held both XT and the Pro. XT is stiffer and most likely will be more durable(I don't own an XT disc so I can't confirm that). Believe it or not, people have asked for archangels in more durable plastic. Dave D said they tried to make it in star, IIRC, and they actually turned out flying completely different to the DX archangels so they didn't pursue that route. I don't throw eagles anymore, but an XT eagle would definitely pique my interest.

But I've yet to see the Archangel called out in the bag of any professional disc golfer. Probably there are one or two pros out there who bag one, but it's not a common mold to see in the bags of skilled players. For the most part it is a disc given to beginners.

What disc do pros use that only comes in base plastic... besides putters and mids?

I threw an all DX bag for 6 months and the AA stood toe-to-toe with my CE QJLS. Heck, the AA even held it's stability for six months without changing.

It's the plastic, not the mold.

I've held both XT and the Pro. XT is stiffer and most likely will be more durable(I don't own an XT disc so I can't confirm that). Believe it or not, people have asked for archangels in more durable plastic. Dave D said they tried to make it in star, IIRC, and they actually turned out flying completely different to the DX archangels so they didn't pursue that route. I don't throw eagles anymore, but an XT eagle would definitely pique my interest.

Yea, I have an 174g, 03 tourney AA in champ - it's the red one in my avatar pic. ^<

I heard from a couple of old timers that they eventually beat in close to the DX but new, it flies somewhere between a star teebird and champ Viking.

Latest posts