• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

yet another disc golf injury...

kpc2004

Double Eagle Member
just got out of the ER so i figured i would type a novel for yall (yes im from texas and say yall). i seem to get myself in predicaments while maintaining my zero lost discs stat, and today was a doozy...i know i posted before when i fell out of a big tree on the way down from getting my disc, but that had nothing on this. today at the windwood course in cypress on a straight narrow fairway trees on both sides and a creek on the left (hole 5 i believe) i let my drive rip and it knicked a tree on the right side of the fairway about halfway down and kicked all the way into the creek on the left. Its my CE firebird so i sure wasnt going to leave it....i walk to where i thought it went in and im up about 6 feet on the bank and i take off my shoes to climb down and then get in the creek when the ledge i was standing on gives and while i was falling i stuck my foot down to catch myself and land, but i landed on a branch with a broken limb pointing straight up, and then followed that up with a nice roll into the water (unbelievably right on top of my firebird, only good part of the story). i could tell i was hurt and i was just kinda sitting there and i lifted my foot out of the water and blood was literally squirting out. first though, great im in a bacteria infested creek and have a big cut...then i climb out and take a second look and poured my bottled water on it and i can see halfway through my foot until it started bleeding again. so i throw my socks and shoes on and stumble to the car, and take them off when i get there and blood literally poured out of my shoe. i tied my shirt around my foot and elavated it and sat in my car for 30 minutes before i could drive home cause i was so light headed. the hole was at least an inch deep and about 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide. im only 5'6'' so thats a pretty big hole in my foot lol. at the ER they irrigated it and cleaned it all out and didnt do stiches just bandaged it up cause they told me that its most likely going to be infected, gave me a tetanus shot, prescribed me some antibiotics, and let me go on my merry way. now i can barely walk and the doc says 3 weeks minimum til i can play again.... :wall:

anyone else have crazy disc golf injury stories??

Did you at least putt out for par? OH wait what is par anyways?

Sorry to hear the story, nothing too severe for me, just scrapes and such . . . especially from sawtooth palmettos in Florida.

That is why asking for a couple $ finders fee for discs in the water is ok in my opinion. It would be better if people simply offered to pay for your time and effort, but sadly that won't happen.

That is why asking for a couple $ finders fee for discs in the water is ok in my opinion. It would be better if people simply offered to pay for your time and effort, but sadly that won't happen.

I agree!

Ive fallen hard crashing through the woods looking for a disc before and had to go to the chiropractor the next day becouse my back was wrenched and I've cut my hand on trees and branches while I'm throwing but nothing major. Damn it sucks to get old.

hearing this makes me weary of jumping into murky water now. never really seen anyone actually get hurt on the course just a couple people falling into some water but it was just funny they didnt get hurt at all

Just out of curiousity, how exactly did you explain what happened when the medical folks asked? Many here can understand the irreplacable nature of a treasured disc (especially CE plastic). But to those outside the DG world, we must seem to be a few kernels short of a cob. My wife has rebuked me more than once when she found pine sap on me.

Admire your tenacity. Hope the foot heals quickly and your back out there rattling the chains.

Just out of curiousity, how exactly did you explain what happened when the medical folks asked? Many here can understand the irreplacable nature of a treasured disc (especially CE plastic). But to those outside the DG world, we must seem to be a few kernels short of a cob. My wife has rebuked me more than once when she found pine sap on me.

Admire your tenacity. Hope the foot heals quickly and your back out there rattling the chains.

well i didnt go to the ER at the hospital (not a fan of the public hospitals gotta wait for HOURS), i went to a private ER and it just happens to be right accross the highway from the church that the course was on so i asked them if they knew what disc golf was and the doctor and nurses all said they had heard of it but im not too sure if i believe them lol but i told them where i was and what i was doing and just told them i was trying to get my disc back from the creek when i fell...then they all laughed at me when i told them i fell in the creek after and one of them was like "too bad you didnt get it on camera" and that got me thinking, aside from the part where the stick went in my foot i bet it would have been hilarious to see

hearing this makes me weary of jumping into murky water now. never really seen anyone actually get hurt on the course just a couple people falling into some water but it was just funny they didnt get hurt at all

i met a guy who once sliced his knee open on a metal sign post that had been torn out of a tee and thrown into the pond, said he had to get a ton of stitches but other than that ive never heard of anything like this before either....when im in the water i slide my feet or tread very softly and slowly to avoid stuff like this....im usually very careful but i didnt look beneath me when i was standing there cause i wasnt ready to go down yet, but hey you win some you lose some lol

Did you at least putt out for par? OH wait what is par anyways?

forgive me for being insensitive, but that's just ****ing funny :D:D:D:D

hope everything heals correctly and quickly.

Last edited:
See, those CE discs are bad news, you're better off mailing them to me, that'll keep you out of trouble. Wow, how do you guys injured this badly playing DG? I just get nagging injuries like pulled muscles in my back and tendinitis.

nothing too serious, but my friend was leaning way over to make an off-balance side arm throw, and after he threw it, he fell onto the ground. little did he know that there was a small stick or stump from a sapling sticking up from the ground. it cut an inch long gash in the front of his shoulder. he still has the scar to prove it.