• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] You’ve been signed!

Hi guys!

Here's a test:

Imagine you've just gotten a sponsorship from one of the big disc companies.
Now, you have to transfer all your disc bag to that company's lineup.

1- What would be that company? Why?
2- what discs that you currently own that would need to be changed to fit the company's lineup?

1 - Innova
2 - Almost nothing. Switch from Daggers back to Yeti's and I'm done. I putted with Yeti's for quite a while before Daggers so no big deal there.

Probably Innova, because that's already 80% of what I throw.

The changes:

S-DD: Swap out for a bottom stamp Wraith, or an OS Destoyer
C-CD2: Could make due with a Savant, or a Viking
Blunt: This one is tough. Some R-Pro mid, and find the softest possible iteration
Zone: I think the AviarX3 is supposed to be close to this slot, or try more touch with a Rhyno for these throws.
Mini: I love my Gateway mini because it say STICKIN' PUTTS. I could probably make due with an Innova mini, tho.

(Yes, I know I could probably throw the DD and CD2 as an Innova sponsored player. But without those, the thought experiment gets even less challenging. And they are pretty easy to replace with Innova brand discs.)

1. Only Innova, I wouldnt be willing to go anywhere else. Nobodies baseline plastic works for me. Besides gateway.
2. Wouldnt have to change anything

Not a "big" company, but Reptilian.
I could lose all of my non-RDG discs and get by just fine. The only one I'd really miss would be the Criminal. I would have to convince Jamie to build me a superoverstable speed 10 or 11 driver and I'd be golden (or at least as close to it as I ever get)

1. I would take a disc sponsorship from any company willing to give me one. ANY. I know that I can learn a new bag of discs. I have changed my entire bag before just to see if I could get back to shooting the same scores. Also, learning new discs is fun.

2. My hardest disc to replace would be my Ion. Even that shouldn't be too hard, it just might take two discs to cover all the lines it can fly.

Hi guys!

Here's a test:

Imagine you've just gotten a sponsorship from one of the big disc companies.
Now, you have to transfer all your disc bag to that company's lineup.

1- What would be that company? Why?
2- what discs that you currently own that would need to be changed to fit the company's lineup?

Tough decision, but as I've thought of it over time, I would probably have to go with Innova.
My putter would go from the Warden to the Whale or Classic Aviar.
My Fuzion Warden would likely become a Star Aviar P&A.
My Harps would become the AviarX3 and maybe Aviar3.
My Buzzz would be replaced with the Metal Flake Roc3.
The River would be hard to replace. Maybe a lightweight, worn-in TL.
The Falchion would be replaced with the Champion Sidewinder (these discs are nearly identical for me).
The Fury would be replaced with a Star Sidewinder or Roadrunner.
The Sheriff would be replaced with the TeeDevil.

All my other bagged disc are already Innova.

Not a "big" company, but Reptilian.
I could lose all of my non-RDG discs and get by just fine. The only one I'd really miss would be the Criminal. I would have to convince Jamie to build me a superoverstable speed 10 or 11 driver and I'd be golden (or at least as close to it as I ever get)

Isn't the Raptor pretty close to the Criminal or nah?

If I could pick my sponsor, it would be MVP/Axiom. All I would do is add new, free discs. :clap:

If I had to change manufacturers, I'd go back to Innova in a NY minute. ;)

Let's pick discraft:

Yeti aviar- challenger
Nova-beat challenger
P3x- new challenger/challenger OS

all of my rocs- multiple buzzzs and a comet
Mortar-wasp, maybe hornet? Not a fan of the buzzz os

Teebirds- undertaker?

Thunderbirds- avenger and avenger ss
1st run pd- ???

Sexton Firebirds- predator(s)

Destroyer- Force/nuke

My only real problem is what I'd throw instead of the pd

Glad I don't have to make that decision now. Cause I love the variety, options, and fun of choosing.

I got a bunch of discs now from a variety of companies....when I started it was just discraft and innova..

I would have chosen discraft then because of the cyclone which was the first real pro/starish type plastic available in a driver.

I would pick Innova. I wouldn't have to change my bag at all...unless my contract said I couldn't throw Discmania/Millennium/HyzerBomb. If I had to throw all Innova...
PD - Thunderbird
FD - Leopard3/(Seasoned) Teebird
Mortar - Gator
P2 - (Aviar of some sort)

Dynamic I guess, since they don't seem to mind other Trilogy brands.

Volts would get replaced by Saint
Roc & Roc3's get replaced by Verdict
Resistor changes to XXX or Felon
Insanity - Renegade or Northman, I guess?

Get to keep my Rivers & Wardens

I would pick Discraft and have been thinking about doing this for a while. My entire fairway section is currently discraft. I really love the Prodigy drivers and the Judge for putting so that would take getting used to but this is what it would look it..

D1 - Nuke OS/Force
D2 - Punisher
D4 - Thrasher
Machete
Predator
Undertaker
Avenger SS
Justice - Drone
E MAC Truth - Buzzz
M4 - Meteor
Harp - Zone
Wizard - Challenger OS??