• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

The rain killed my DG league night this week. Im going down to the basement and hit some putts on my practice basket I guess.

My back is still hurting, so I still can't play, and I am still pissed.:wall:

Dude, that sucks, I know those Magnets are getting lonely. :( ;)

You know you're addicted to DG when... you pick alternate routes to drive to places because they have prettier potential disc golf holes to daydream about. :eek:

You see huge rain storms on the radar, and you try to tell youself you can get in a round before the flood hits.

You stop at a pitch-n-putt course just cause it was on the way home..

.. and you had just played in a tournament earlier in the day.

When you're going on vacation, and you've mapquested directions to all the disc golf courses in the area, as well as the ones on the way to your final destination. Yes, I have done that :p

I spent $60 of my own money to put on a disc golf class for the community, trying to get a disc golf course in my area

I have played in a tournament all day, come home, and pulled out my practice basket, and putt for two hours trying to figure out what I did wrong.:wall:

When you spend 4 hours of sleep time to draw out 18 holes of a dream course.

If anyone want's to spend about 4 hours of driving time with a portable basket and your discs. I have an interesting 18 holes laid out through D.C., NoVA and MD. It might be $10.00 or so in parking plus gas and about 5 1/2 hours of a day. There are a few where you need to avoid monument police and park security but I'll just say the reflecting pond by Abe is a treacherous hazard!

Sorry I don't have a scanner to share a few that I've laid out.

When you maintain 800mg of Ibuprofen in your body, because of a pinched sciatic nerve, just so you can go play as many courses as you can in one day. 75 holes, for me to be exact. It got to the point where the ibuprofen kept saying "I'm giving it all she's got captain, I just can't do it!"

I won't do that again either! The pain the next day wasn't worth the agony! ...okay, maybe it was worth it! :D

When you spend 4 hours of sleep time to draw out 18 holes of a dream course.

If anyone want's to spend about 4 hours of driving time with a portable basket and your discs. I have an interesting 18 holes laid out through D.C., NoVA and MD. It might be $10.00 or so in parking plus gas and about 5 1/2 hours of a day. There are a few where you need to avoid monument police and park security but I'll just say the reflecting pond by Abe is a treacherous hazard!

Sorry I don't have a scanner to share a few that I've laid out.

You are truly an addict.:D:clap:

You are truly an addict.:D:clap:

I'm not sure if that's a compliment... :D

It really is something else, I just wish I could put them all in a nice walkable row... I felt weird walking around and setting up a basket in some of these places. There were some people out but after the first two or three times of running across a road with a collapsed basket in your left hand and your bag hanging off you right, you get past it pretty quickly.

Being unemployed helps :doh:

I'm not sure if that's a compliment... :D

It really is something else, I just wish I could put them all in a nice walkable row... I felt weird walking around and setting up a basket in some of these places. There were some people out but after the first two or three times of running across a road with a collapsed basket in your left hand and your bag hanging off you right, you get past it pretty quickly.

Being unemployed helps :doh:

Around here it's the norm. Giving plasma and sperm, now we're taliking.:hfive: Louisiana at its highest point is around twenty something ft. above sea level. So no epic on top of the world type terrain.The best I could hope for would be some kind wooded shot with a creek in play, but no epic elevation.:( If I were to ever play an 18 hole ALL wooded course with epic elevation also, I would probably die of happiness on the spot.:)

Latest posts