• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

When you are scheduling classes for 2nd semester and thinking about what times you will be able to play. Then picking a certain class over another because its time slot will allow for more DG. :thmbup:

You know youre addicted to DG when:
A: you skip every important thing you have to do in a day to go play
B: its like 2 degrees out, no one you call wants to play, so screw it any weather is discin weather:thmbup:
C: you go donate plasma just to get enough money to buy that new disc you want. Buying food to live on can wait, discs are more important

That's almost like someone giving blood for crack money. Damn addicts, get off my lawn.

when you think about starting a AA style group for disc golf.

"Hi my name is Great White Buffalo, and I am a disc golfer."
group responds " Hi Buffalo"
"Well I screwed up again this week and spent at least two hours every day playing disc golf. I had really good intentions of trying to stay clean for at least one day, but the trees were calling my name. On Monday I had one of my best scores ever at the local course, and I spent the rest of the week chasing that round. I know in my heart that I can beat that score if I just keep trying, but I also know the harder I try the more my addiction will grow. As if it is not already big enough. Thats all for now."
group responds "Keep coming back"

When you can't wait to get off work at 730am, after working 12 hours just to hit the field and practice a new throwing technique when it is 20 degrees.

...you take bar coasters and start throwing them around the restaurant as you "come up" with interesting holes.

I have done that many times. Occasionally I'll bring a mini and after close while I'm waiting for my dishwasher to finish up I'll throw it around the restaurant. I'd love a mini basket for those nights. I'll set up selling contests for the servers and top people have to putt off or CTP for the win, free appetizer dessert or something.

... when you can't help but buy some new sweet plastic that you should be spending money on before christmastime. To sneak it having the sellers address it to "secret Santa" so you can pass off your purchases as gifts.

...when you just made up a game involving flicking a Gatorade cap (with your thumb and middle finger) around your apartment into a garbage bag and know that the par from bedroom to kitchen garbage bag is 3 :D

aj

By: The St. Louis Disc Golf Home Page

Oh man.... How many of these must apply to you before you are diagnosed with an addiction problem? :| I think I meet at least 10 of them :thmbup:

Perhaps you should add:

57. If you've shared this list with your disc golfing friends to prove they are addicted (too).

:p

when you think about starting a AA style group for disc golf.

"Hi my name is Great White Buffalo, and I am a disc golfer."
group responds " Hi Buffalo"
"Well I screwed up again this week and spent at least two hours every day playing disc golf. I had really good intentions of trying to stay clean for at least one day, but the trees were calling my name. On Monday I had one of my best scores ever at the local course, and I spent the rest of the week chasing that round. I know in my heart that I can beat that score if I just keep trying, but I also know the harder I try the more my addiction will grow. As if it is not already big enough. Thats all for now."
group responds "Keep coming back"

LOL!!

You measure your classroom and find it to be 32.25' long and think, "hey, I should put a practice basket in here, that's almost 10 meters."

When your mini basket gets banished to the basement because she thinks that "Honey, I think you throw enough frisbees as it is, and you're not going to throw them in the house as well"

When your mini basket gets banished to the basement because she thinks that "Honey, I think you throw enough frisbees as it is, and you're not going to throw them in the house as well"

That suuuucks, can you at least throw in the basement?

My wife and I play mini disc golf, and hockey in our house. The only time she gets mad is when I intentionally hit her with either of them while she isn't participating.

... when you have read all 188 pages and are proud of it

... when you have copied all the best ones from those pages and put them into one post for all to copy/paste and email to their friends

disclaimer: there may be a limit to the amount of each post so this may be over 10 posts to get them all in. the next few minutes will tell

You know you're addicted to Disc Golf when...

...someone asks you, "what's in the bag?" while leaving the grocery store and you start replying with the name of your favorite driver.

...you have to buy new socks each week, because last weeks looks like dirt. (wear black socks)

...the backseat of your car has nothing but discs and sunblock...And both are seatbelted in.

...someone asks you to pass the butter, and they get hit in the face with your putter.

you pretend the wet, rolled-up diaper is a putter and the trashcan is the basket.

...everytime you have to walk any distance at all, you are plotting the best shots to get there.

...you do an X-step to skip a rock.

...everytime you step outside you begin by checking the wind direction.

...tye-dye does not make you think of clothes anymore.

...you use the word anheiser while giving directions. Everyone else is thinking "Beer?"

When you play 500 holes in 5 days on vacation.

...you stop at rest stops while traveling and you can picture what disc golf holes would be like there.

...you get on DG message boards at all hours of the day and night. (guilty)

you actually have paid some scavenger $5 to buy back the same disc that you lost last week.

the term "UFO" refers to an arrant disc buzzing by you, just missing your head, and all you can think is, "Was that a Champion Disc?"

you just have to go up to the guy in the 'Cow Pie Throwing Contest' and demonstrate how he should be holding and throwing it to gain distance.

you get your food tray at a restaurant and you practice the power grip on it.

you have to explain to your girlfriend that a "thumber" is not a sexual thing.

you've replaced your cars fuzzy dice with a hanging mini disc.

you've had to tell more than one person, "THAT IS NOT A GRILL!"

you hear any song on the radio with "Breaking the Chains" in the lyrics and you instantly start thinking about the long putt you made once.

catch yourself standing in your cube at the office practicing your shot with an imaginary disc (just like the idiots who do it with imaginary golf clubs. Yeah, you know who I am referring too.) ;o)

the phrase "chain smoking' has nothing to do with tobacco.

you have put a disc in your hand for no reason but to just touch it.

you are waiting in line for food with an empty plate in your hand and you turn it over to look at the design to see with way it might turn if you threw it.

…at a sporting event where everyone is chanting and doing the tomahawk motion, you start showing the guy next to you how their fingers should be to gain some distance.

…someone tells you about how they just picked up a used red Stingray and you are dumbfounded that they were referring to a Corvette.

…your computer background has discs displayed on it.

…you own or considered having a custom mini made out of something other than plastic.

…people in your family can explain to others what disc golf is, even though they have never played themselves (shame on you for allowing this to happen).

…you are considering climbing Mt. Everest just to try and break the world record for the longest disc throw.

...you are driving to a tournament and looking at the other vehicles around you, try to guess who else is heading that same way - even though you are still miles away.

You know you're addicted to Disc Golf When you refer to ball golf as, well.... ball golf

you wait all day while it is pouring down rain and wait for the slightest break in the weather and then even though the skies are still dark and cloudy as long as its not thundering and lighting you hit the course and are glad the tees are concrete

You create and give away custom scorecards and maps

...when you start quoting Caddyshack & Happy Gilmore lines on and off the course as if they were intended for disc golf all along.

You tell your wife "Let's go to "said location" this weekend and get a hotel and take the kids to the zoo and have a fun, spontanious, family time / mini-vacation weekend.", but your wife knows you're really thinking "There are three courses in "said location" that I've never played"

You ask your kids "Who wants to go to the park?" and all at the same time they say "not me".

Everywhere you look you envision potential pin placements.

Your family and friends are secretely planning an intervention.

You always know what time it gets dark.

Your wife gets mad at you when you watch the weather.

You have an extreme love / hate relationship with the wind.

Your boss writes you up for spending too much time on dgcoursereview.com but you don't even hear him talking because you're looking at his Colorodo wall calendar and thinking "that would be a great place for a course".

You have to take your discs out of the car seat everytime you put your kid in.

Your friends want to know a bout a course they've never played and it's easier for them to ask you than to look it up online.

If you are reading this right now.

.......you play disc golf in the pouring rain, but wont check the mail till the sun comes out

... you've applied the Power Grip to a Pringles lid

The term "Anheiser-Busch" brings to mind a right-hand fade into the rough instead of beer

If you've tried more than three times to figure out how the PDGA player ratings system works.

If squirrels no longer fear you because they see you so often, and sometimes you secretly think of yourself as their leader. (GUILTY)

... the term "overstable" actually makes sense to you.

…you have started naming some of the trees and obstacles on the course. "On this hole you have to stay clear of Tree-a-saurus Rex, Barry's Boulder, and the Creek Monster."

on a vacation with your wife, in Colorado, in early April, you get up at 5 something o'clock, leave her sleeping in the hotel, get in your rental car, see that the temperature is a balmy 34 degrees, drive to a new course, and start your round before the sun comes up, ALL, so as not to disrupt the vacation plans with the wife.

If you've ever admired a disc you just purchased by holding it in the power grip and aiming at something while driving 70 MPH on the highway.

.....when you suck at the game and after your through for the day swear you're giving it up for good only to return the next day and the next and the next and.......

...You got a fully assembled 5 gallon bucket lid, sheetmetal, cargo net, microphone stand sculpture sitting in your basement from the time when you decided to make your own basket while intoxicated

.....when i was driving my car on the empty texan freeway after a weekend of DG in Corpus, i noticed that it drifted slowly to the left. I then spent the next 2 hours getting the car to s-curve its way down the road. When asked what i was doing i replied. My car hyzers, im driving a flex shot........... I think i now need to buy a new anhyser car and a striaght putt and approach car...........

If you modify you discs to be easier to find when the snow is 2' deep.

...you've spent hours watching disc golf on Youtube.

...while doing this, you've called your wife into the computer room to watch a skip-ace.

...you know who Cubby is.

...when traveling for work, you consult not just Mapquest, but disc golf course review planning detours to play a round.

If hearing the word FROLF makes you want to punch something.

If you've ever carried a midrange disc on a nature hike.

If you go in a store that sells discs at least once a week "just to look" even though you have more discs than you'll ever need.

If you regularly fill virtual shopping carts with discs and then not purchase them.

you buy six champion bosses at USDGC even though you are eating peanut butter and jelly 5 times a week cause you're broke......

...when you attempt to Hyzer every darn thing in your house

...when you lose sleep thinking about your X-step

When the only time your wife's ever seen you cry is the day you found your perfectly seasoned 180 DX Shark warped from the heat in the trunk of your car.

when you buy a basket and put it in your basement to practice your putting over the winter

When your new custom drivers are displayed on your cell phone wallpaper!

...disc golf somehow finds its way into your resume

Latest posts