• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You "lost" me at hello

I am not sure that I ever knew after just one throw if a disc would be bad. The closest thing I have is the Epic. Only had one throw where it seriously took off for me and then it was still only going as far as any other driver I had. Not consistent and just didn't ever get the job done.

Epic all the way.......... i CANNOT, for the life of me, get that MF'er to do that corkscrew flip and sail off over the horizon like i've seen it done by others.........

Ever toss a new disc one time and just know it's not gonna make the cut? You are so sure that the two of you will not be able to have any kind of mutual relationship that you immediately trade it online or (if possible) back to the bloke that sold it to you in the parking lot.

Meet the Z Tracker. Anyone else experience a similar event?

17?g Element. Overstable as he11. (No it wasn't the X version.)

A guy I know had some new ones and gave me one to try with the proviso that if I liked it I'd just stick the money in the window of his truck after the round. (I was playing the back nine and he was just starting.) I managed to get the disc into his truck instead. I think I threw it three times before I got mad at it.

Champ Boss.
The one I have is so overstable that I can't even get it to start straight.
LHBH, as soon as I throw it, it starts veering off to the right.

Back in the day it was the Roc. I was hatin' on it big time because I was throwing Cros at the time. After Cros began to hate me, my dear sweet DX Roc was waiting with open arms. We've had an intimate relationship since.

i had a fisrt run 167 champion groove that did not want to fly. i gave it to a friend he tossed once and lost it. i just think that disc did not want to be tossed it just wanted to look cool.

I bought a gateway rage at walgreens in Florida, just so I could say I bought one at a drug store and I HATE it.

A Star Max. After I tried driving with it once I decided to keep it in my bag for those get out of the woods shots that can ruin discs.

How can you honestly tell that you are going to hate a disc after just one throw? It usually takes me AT LEAST one round to get a feel for what the disc is going to do for me.

My dx whippet...Now I find that a meathook is a useful tool, especially a short range meathook! but at the time I intentionally threw it into the pond at Bloomsburg Park! Foolishness!

I got a whippet and threw it around in a field. I thought to myself this disc is useless. I tried to give it away and nobody wanted it. @ kept it in my bag and out on the course I found myself using this disc over and over. It is very usefull for getting out of trouble and around tree lines. Great disc for short flex shots and always predictable.

How can you honestly tell that you are going to hate a disc after just one throw? It usually takes me AT LEAST one round to get a feel for what the disc is going to do for me.

In my case with the Element, yes. I've been throwing them since they came out and the one I was trying was just so far off of what I was expecting that after the first throw I was scratching my head. By the third I knew that I couldn't tollerate that particular disc. I'm guessing I got a screwed up one because since then I've purchased two others and they were just fine.

FLX Avenger. No love lost there, Im not sure what happened there. Dont tell me that an avenger flx is to overstable for a guy that throws a pulse and a force 420'+, that thing is a frickin meat hook. I think it was a fluke or bad mold or somthin.

I actually found a brand new unmarked FLX Avenger on the course. I was so excited until i threw it. It carried it in my bag but never threw it. But now it has its place as a good back hand roller disc. It takes some power to get it to go but once it does it goes forever.

I got a whippet and threw it around in a field. I thought to myself this disc is useless. I tried to give it away and nobody wanted it. @ kept it in my bag and out on the course I found myself using this disc over and over. It is very usefull for getting out of trouble and around tree lines. Great disc for short flex shots and always predictable.

A Whippet has been in my bag for a LONG time......... spent $40 on eBay for a Champ version so it would last longer and keep that "meat hook" flight path.

Picked up a Champ Orc that I could never get to do what I wanted. Gave it to my buddy and he swears by it. I just swear AT it.

Last edited:
The Assassin. Took it out of the box, threw about 5-6 times in a field. It didn't do anything right. But I kept it because of the SYF & Dancing Bears. So it hangs on the wall instead of sitting in my bag.

The 150g Aviar PnA, one of the first 3 discs I owned. No other disc has such an aversion for metal.

On the other hand, even though I've graduated to Rocs for most midrange work, there are still certain places where I simply have to throw a Shark. They have a truly uncanny ability to go where I want, even on blind throws or sneaking through thick rough.

Latest posts