• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You pick my new MID!!!

Well........

I went to PIAS in cary... no Buzzz.. none at all. I went through every disc in the store to no avail. No Mako's either. So I went over to Omega where I hate to go, nothing. So then I went to REI, nothing.

I was gonna try to hit the PIAS in N.Raleigh but I had to be at UNCdg by 5 so I couldn't make it. So I went back to PIAS in cary and bought...

drum roll please....

Photoon2011-06-13at2317.jpg

C Line MD2 176..

used it sparingly at UNCdg but the more I threw it the more I liked it. It's a lot like the Mako, about the same diameter and domeyness and it flies straight. The difference is that the MD2 comes back at the end.. and sometimes the Mako doesn't.. which is why mine is in a pond at Wakarusa.

I guess this means the real winner is BrotherDave who is the sole person to recommend this disc.

Last edited:
I've heard good things about the MD2. I'd definitely try one if it ever fell into my lap. Also, the PIAS in Cary SUCKS. The one on glenwood is waaaaaaaay better selection wise, I don't remember how they are pricewise. Ha, you said you're gonna be up by GR, MI? Me too, I'll be in KZoo for a week. Get ahold of me in a week when I'm back from MI, and I can hook you up with a Z buzzz, and possibly a Fuse, it'd be a lighter weight one though.

2 choices -

ESP FLX Buzzz for all of your "remote control" shots. It goes where you direct it, as long as there isn't too much wind.

Otherwise, go with a Z MRV. They are possibly the most under rated MID ever! I have too many aces on a couple of mine - no more room for witness signatures! Of course they have been beat in for years...

I'm going to Electric Forest which if I remember correctly is super near Grand Rapids. Not sure how much time I'll have for disc golf but if I have time to hit some courses up there I'll PM you to see if youre down. Right now it's looking like our schedule is tight and I might just have to buy a plane ticket to fly in and out from Detroit.

..and let me give props to Russell as well as bDave for the MD2 recommendation. If it stays in my bag you both get a slew of pats on the back.

I have heard good things about the MD2. Isn't that the old Gremlin mold? If I had been on in time, I would have thrown out a 180g DX Roc, but alas I was too slow.

Made it out to the N. Raleigh PIAS today to make my fathers day a little better. Picked up a super soft wizard, used F2nd Eagle, an Archon and.....

grabbed an X Buzzz.

I went against the vote for two reasons. #1 X Buzzz was cheaper and I already racked up my bill with the other three discs and #2 I'm still going to buy a Z Buzzz.

Played a round today with the X Buzzz and the wizard at Cedar Hill and I'm loving both of those discs. Not sure how I will eventually fit it in to my game and what duties it will steal from my mako but as of right now there is some serious competition in the midrange slot of my bag.

on a side note.. the archon is bad..... ass.

I think he's asking if the MD2 is a replica of the old Innova Gremlin mold... which I don't think it is but I could be wrong on that.

I just changed out of a echostar Mako myself into a dx skeeter, hoping to replace it with a star skeeter at some point.

my vote is for you to get a Star Skeeter. You'll love it.

I just recently acquired both a star mako and a z buzzz, the buzzz is my favorite of the two so far for sure and is in competition for my Roc+ spot in my every round bag.

The Cro is faster than the MD2 and has a lot less glide. You can't really power down on the MD2 and get the best flight out of it; its better to hold off on it a little bit and let it use its glide to hold the line you want.

As far as the Mako vs Buzzz. I'm finding out that longer distance straight shots or ones where you want a slight right to left line is easier to achieve with the Buzzz. However I still think shorter shots, approaches, and left to right shots are much easier to achieve with the Mako. You can get a variety of left to right lines with a Mako through varying degrees of anhyzer or just powering down on it and forcing it to turnover. The more Makos break in the more you'll find that it becomes an understable disc.

The speed of the discs really sets them apart, towards the end of the flight the Mako really slows down more than the Buzzz which means the lines you can create with each is a lot different than you would think.

We'll see what I think a little down the line when I'm more used to the Buzzz and have seen what it can do broken in.

A broken in Z buzzz might turn a little more right but should still fade or can be thrown on a slight hyzer flip to fly straight.

My buzzz ss flies straight in whatever direction I throw it in.

OK, I know I'm late to this party and my suggestion isn't a mid, but get a GL River. With the extra length you'll clear the water hazard and it flies like a long Roc. :D

I've yet to try any of the Lat 64 discs but that's on my to do list.