• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your current distance goal

Distance goal?

• Total voters
I'd love to crack the 300-foot mark with my backhand, using the current all-Legacy setup. Only disc I've gotten past the mark (on flat ground) was my VIP Air King. Patriot, Rival, Phenom, Nemesis and SR Outlaw are all pretty much within five feet of each other in terms of distance, at 260.

For main gun, aka, forehand :p , granted, more distance wouldn't hurt, but more so, I'd like to get more consistency with at current distances. Weird stuff like, on one hole, Outlaw will bomb the furthest, yet couple of holes forward, just can't get Outlaws anywhere near to where my Cannons fly, whereas on that first hole, Cannons are left behind by the Outlaws.

I want consistent 430' and maxing at 450' as the next goal, I know I have it in me because I've done it but the ability disappears and leaves for a long time. I'd also like to stretch the FH to 350' on flat releases. I have great accuracy 300-325' or so, but that's about 100' shorter than I can backhand so it makes throwing the anny too tempting sometimes...and that's not so accurate for me.

I'd like to be able to deuce any hole 300 feet and under. No matter the line.

I've been playing for a long time and I still struggle to get 400ft on a BH. I've got a 160g domey Blizzard Wraith that can get me there. I have tried faster discs (Destroyer/Tern) but they don't go any further. I plateau at the speed 11 stage.

Ive been working more on my FH lately. Its super sad. Upshots with a putter, np. I only get about 275-300 on most, prolly a few in the 330 range. Its a pain!

What is your reach back like? I've helped several friends increase their FH disctance and one that couldn't hit 250 consistently now toys with 350 most days. Get a vid sure we an help!

What is your reach back like? I've helped several friends increase their FH disctance and one that couldn't hit 250 consistently now toys with 350 most days. Get a vid sure we an help!

Id say, what reachback? Lol. Little to none. I have seen that wysocki video though.

Ill see about getting a embarrasing vid of my fh up. Been wanting to do a BH one anyway

Consistent 400ft would be Great. I am in the 340-350ft range consistently, with a throw out to 380ft+ now and again. I finally hit 400ft the other day with a slightly elevated tee and perfect wind. :)

Right now I can throw over 400 on command but 450-475 is relatively rare during rounds. I was there last year but I've fallen off in distance a bit as I focus on scoring but I would like to get back to 450+ more regularly.

I'd like to be able to deuce any hole 300 feet and under. No matter the line.

This is definitely me.

I generally max out around 300 but know there is another 50-75 feet if I could get a little more efficient with my release. Plus, there are lots of holes inside that 300 range that I play a lot and am always just outside of my putting range. I'd hope adding 50 feet to my drives would also put 25 on my mids from the tees.

As far as forehand though...I finally start to lock down a little consistency this year in forcing myself to throw it a little more but I am still lucky to crack 200.

I can hit 350ish with fairways right now. Goal is to get 400 on the regular with my distance bombers. Problem is I can't practice as much as I could 5 years ago due to my back and knee not really wanting to practice.

Well, I'm in what is easily the biggest group here. Sadly, I don't know if I'll ever make it to my goal. I think that I, at 48, might be destined to just try to maintain my 350' or so on a really good throw.

Chronologically speaking I am rapidly closing in on the double nickle so I seriously doubt I will ever see 400' unless I'm throwing off the top of a tall building with a strong tail wind. I would love to hit 300' consistently but that may even be a stretch unless I get some good coaching and can implement it. I've watched a lot of videos and have a fair idea of what I am supposed to do but it is sometimes difficult to get this old body to do what the brain wants it to do.

Oh well, I'm not interested in leagues or competitive play, in fact I often play alone. I play the game for me just because I enjoy it and enjoy being outdoors and getting some exercise.

I am averaging 330. sometimes I can get up to 375 and once in awhile I will achieve 400. My goal is to average 350-375 but my real goal is get my accuracy dialed in.

I'd love to be able to get to 400 consistently. I'll hit it every once in a great while, but 350-360 consistently is where I sit.

I've also come to realize (playing with a guy that usually throws around 280), that distance doesn't make that much difference in scoring.

You are so right, I play with guys who out drive me by 20-50 feet, but I still card what they do or one more(because of my terrible putting)

I only throw about 250-275 consistently, but it is fairly accurate and I'm not playing from terrible lies most of the time. I would really like to throw 300-325 consistently starting next spring, so I have started some cardio/strength/flexibility training.

As I said my biggest flaw is putting. If feel I could improve my score 7-10 strokes a round if I could putt. So I asked for a basket for my birthday...fingers crossed!

I'm at the 420ish wall right now. I know I'm only a few adjustments away from a consistent 450. So 500 is the real goal. I don't think getting to 450 will be hard, I think the jump from there is going to take a ton of work

Oh, and I'd kill for an accurate 300 forehand

Haha teach me your 400 foot backhand, and I can get you to 275 forehand pretty much where you want it haha. If only we could trade

^ I don't know I throw fairly far and play ofter with a guy who tops out at 300 he is also a slightly better putter than me.

I still won by 12 strokes on Saturaday, at a course that rewards technical proficiency.