• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Your favorite disc(s) that you DON'T bag

Z Xtreme
ESP Impact
Z Crush
Roach...

...There are enough great discs outside of my standards that Discraft makes that I could fill an entire back up bag and hit the course with.

Z Xtreme
ESP Impact
Z Crush
Roach...

...There are enough great discs outside of my standards that Discraft makes that I could fill an entire back up bag and hit the course with.

I was almost upset when the Challenger SS came out and kicked out my Roaches, but I just liked the continuity of filling that spot next to my Challenger with the SS version.

Are you still throwing Predators or did you switch to the Machete?

Beast
Orc
Stopped throwing them for the same reason, I have fairways that I can throw on similar lines and basically just as far.
Wizards- Always loved the plastic and flight, but had more success with other discs.
Polecat- Just miss it cause it was fun to pull out and see peoples reaction, loved flicking in and just letting it float.
Buzzz- Replaced by emacs and rocs, but I still miss the the out of the box hyzerflip to straight flight, and for me they tend to be a bit more controllable then emacs.

Katana...absolutely love the feel of this distance driver in my hand, the rim width feels perfect, the plastic feels great, the shape is spot on, but I don't bag it.

Started this amazing sport less than 2 months ago so basically I'm not good enough yet to throw it...but one day!!!!!

TripleB

I have a whole alternative bag full of discs I used to bag and still love, they just aren't in the current setup. It's fun to break them out every once in a while, especially if you're in a rut and need to shake things up.

Aviar P&A
XD
Buzzz
Leopard
Eagle
Wraith
Flash
Flick

Teebird is out for my Rival
Valkyrie is out for the Bandit
Firebird is out for the Enemy

This is a fun thread and worthy of a necrobump. I wonder how many people would answer differently a year later.

For me the answer is the FD. Love that disc, but I love throwing fast fairways like Escapes and Hatchets more.

Mako3. Love the feel of it and the way it flies, I just no longer have a need for a super straight mid

This is a fun thread and worthy of a necrobump. I wonder how many people would answer differently a year later.

For me the answer is the FD. Love that disc, but I love throwing fast fairways like Escapes and Hatchets more.

fd is such a cheater disc for woods golf i love it yet dont bag it

The Star TL, have a few, love how they fly, but I just prefer DX Teebirds. Rain, damp, cold and any other odd weather conditions, the DX Bird rules.

Last year I named the Hornet and SL, and they're back in the bag as of this writing.

Today's non-bagged favorites (among many): Star Stud, TL (Star and Champ), Falchion.

Probably the C-MD. Was in my bag until my McGlow Roc3 beat up enough to fly similarly. Then after I lost the Roc3 I ended up just throwing a Z Buzzz from a player's pack into my bag.

Champ Orc, Star Wraith, Star TeeRex, GL Striker, Lucid Suspect, PD

Some of this is the same, some has changed...
Orcs went back in the bag

Force: I just don't have the arm to shape them anymore
Teerex: OOP and I am scared of losing my favorite distance drivers of all time
Max: OOP and I'm scared of losing the only disc that can give the FB a run for its money (RHFH)
Wraith: Too much overlap with my Orcs and Destroyers
Wasp & Buzz OS: Can cover any midrange shots with a Challenger, Buzz, or Drone
Vulture & PD: I already have plenty of seasoned Orcs. Why restart the process just because I like the new mold?
Sidewinder: I lost all the ones I had and figured the disc golf gods didn't want me throwing them anymore...
Wizard: I like consistency and don't have time to hunt unicorns.

Buzzz for sure. I have a mid setup I like, and Buzzz doesn't offer me any new shots I don't have. For 1 disc rounds it is great tho. I wouldn't call it "jack of all trades, master of none" because that sounds too harsh, but it has a shred of truth to it.

Wraiths. I've got a Tupperware with like 20 star Wraiths sitting at home. Used to cover all my distance slots with them. Later I discovered that the Destroyer gave me a ~20' distance bonus and didn't hurt my accuracy by any noticeable amount, but dang the Wraith is still a great mold.

Wraiths. I've got a Tupperware with like 20 star Wraiths sitting at home. Used to cover all my distance slots with them. Later I discovered that the Destroyer gave me a ~20' distance bonus and didn't hurt my accuracy by any noticeable amount, but dang the Wraith is still a great mold.

How far did you throw your wraiths?

My longest measured throw with a star Wraith was just over 360' (cleared a football field, end-to-end, including end zones).
In terms of golf distance, was usually placing them reliably at 300-330' on a variety of lines.

Some discs that come to mind

Predator: Love it, but I have T3's and Firebirds already in the bag and I feel it falls into that spectrum of stability.

Wizard: I will always have a stack of these around the house, currently using Judges but I can go back and forth between the two. I practice putt with them still, but bag judges.

PD: I like having them in the bag, but I end up reaching for my Tee3 most of the time, I also have a Koling Thunderbird for that PD spot. Maybe I just have a stable workhorse driver problem?

Patriot: Leo3 and FD seem to take care of all those duties. Still love the disc, though.

Meteor: I always want to have one, but I never find myself throwing the shot. I usually opt to forehand or throw a putter anny instead.

Harp: Hasn't quite been able to replace the Zone. Still bag it sometimes for funsies, but I reach for the zone come tourney time.

Unertaker, Volt or Rival. In my neverending quest for a S/OS fairway/control driver I tried a few molds. Finally gave up and just throw a beat S-PD for that slot. I can always trust it with a FH and can power it down if needed.

good topic, well why aren't they in my bag? I got a mid size grip and have it maxed at sixteen in the main. also, I try to keep similar feeling plastics.

putters-wizards, even though their in my bag now.

mids-verdicts, which go back in when I need longer mid throws

fairways-undertaker, longbowman

drivers-enforcer, terns

I got way too many discs is the real reason!

Latest posts