• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Your favorite disc?

PD2. I have been using this in mostly s-line and i finally have one broken in to where it will hold before fading hard and can be used for straighter shots. It's really easy to gauge distance with and a wonderful hyzer disc. Much better than the beefy destroyers i had before

There is no way that a Destroyer should be beefier than a PD2... PD2 is a tick more overstable than an XCaliber...

There is no way that a Destroyer should be beefier than a PD2... PD2 is a tick more overstable than an XCaliber...

A pd2 is much more overstable than an xcal. There are aome beefy destroyers nearly as beefy as pd2s but they never will be as overstable for as long as a pd2 is. A destroyer is a great disc but i really dont think they do hyzers very well. They go straight and turn well in differnt conditions but a pd2 hyzers all day. But my broken in one is starting to turn a slight bit and fly like a really good beefy destroyer and always fades.

My PD2 experience begins and ends at max weight C-Line, and I happen to think that the Z Force is a better option for the bag slot. I have never had a Destroyer that would even come close to holding a candle to these two molds in terms of overstability. Maybe you have a PD2 with a freakishly low PLH or something.

I wonder if they are having the same issue with the PD2 and the Ape where the Plh has been funky recently. Molds are pretty similar.

This is a really tough choice, but I think my vote goes to the Firebird. I don't know what I would do without one in the bag.

Firebird for me also. My actual favorite is an old late-run CE L-mold that I've been carrying for about 10 years. It's my main "get out of jail" disc, it's the only disc I've ever been really comfortable throwing sidearm and overhand.

Firebird for me also. My actual favorite is an old late-run CE L-mold that I've been carrying for about 10 years. It's my main "get out of jail" disc, it's the only disc I've ever been really comfortable throwing sidearm and overhand.

Nice! I definitely agree with the "get out of jail" sentiment. That is one of the main reasons why I love my Firebirds, too.

Seriously:

Stuck in some deep brush and need to thumb something back into the fairway? Firebird.
Need to throw a spike hyzer or grenade around/over some big obstacle? Firebird.
Need to throw a low skip shot to take a 90 degree turn to the basket? Firebird.
Trying to snake your way through some trees with a high flex shot? Firebird.
No idea what to throw and need to get up/down? Firebird.

Seriously:

Stuck in some deep brush and need to thumb something back into the fairway? Firebird.
Need to throw a spike hyzer or grenade around/over some big obstacle? Firebird.
Need to throw a low skip shot to take a 90 degree turn to the basket? Firebird.
Trying to snake your way through some trees with a high flex shot? Firebird.
No idea what to throw and need to get up/down? Firebird.

:thmbup::hfive:

Although I love my Firebirds, the Pure is the disc.

Pure is the ideal combination of:
a) fits my hand perfectly for putting (the micro bead works perfectly for my McBeth/Big Jerm style putting grip)
b) fits my grip for driving and upshots (shallow)
b) right amount of stability for putting, driving and upshots
c) available in my favorite non-premium plastic (Zero Medium)

Last edited:
Tursas was my savior this weekend. Definitely saved me many strokes, the glide on that thing is unreal and its very easy to flip or anny it.

My PD2 experience begins and ends at max weight C-Line, and I happen to think that the Z Force is a better option for the bag slot. I have never had a Destroyer that would even come close to holding a candle to these two molds in terms of overstability. Maybe you have a PD2 with a freakishly low PLH or something.

You havent thrown any good destroyers then

Hahahaha a proper Destroyer should have -1 hss, 3 lsf. What is your definition of a "good Destroyer" if you do not mind my inquiry?

the pop top ones that are really beefy to start are the best if you want a hyzer or straight destroyer, because they break into that -1 turn and 3 fade and hold that spot for a long time. but a destroyer that starts out new with that turn is most likely flat and will get flippy in a month of use or less. the good ones are the ones that season slowly, which is normally those pop top stiffer ones, but some soft poptops are nice and there was a run of flat super high plh ones that are ridiculous like faf firebirds

Just started playing this year, but my top three favorite discs (thus far) would have to be Discraft Z Heat, X Buzzz, and Pro D Magnet.

My favourite disc has to be a max weight Opto River. Consistent flight for a River and awesome grip.
Close second is the zero medium pure.