• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Your favorite 'NEW to you' disc you've tried in the last 6-12 months?

OLF,PW Wizard, Prophecy, Scale. All of these discs were game changers for to in the past year. Scale is definitely my favorite to throw in the past six months.

This makes me so excited to throw the armor scale I just got! I've thrown it around the yard but can't wait to get out on a tee box as soon as it's done raining!

Slightly-more-stable-than-a-Wave has been a hole in MVP/Axiom/Streamline's lineup for a while.

Agreed. Until they fill the gap, the best thing to do is try to find a Wave that has a relatively high PLH, and as high a weight as possible. My higher-PLH Wave 163g) is more stable than my other two (153g, 173g).

I could probably call it a day for midrange options with my champion panther and big Jerm Mortar combo.

Slightly-more-stable-than-a-Wave has been a hole in MVP/Axiom/Streamline's lineup for a while. I pair a 156 Neutron Wave with the lightest S-CD3 I can find.

Does a CD3 feel similar to a Wave? I've been casually searching for a "slightly more stable Wave" for the last 3 months. Defy was the correct feel but too OS and glideless. I've been bagging a Trespass which gives me the shot shape I want, but the rim is a tad too wide/deep for me to release as consistently as a Wave. Not the worst issue in the world, but it sure would be nice if MVP/Axiom would give us one 21.5mm driver to fill the gap rather than release another handful of giant-rimmed drivers.

DX Teebird! Such a lovely, gently curving flight. But it was removed from the bag and reluctantly relegated to fieldwork duty when I discovered...

...the FD! Like a DX Teebird with even more glide. Definitely my favorite find of the year.

I also discovered the Wave a few months ago. It's the first high-speed driver I've tried that gives me more useful distance than my Valkyries.

I don't have a place for them in my bag, but I really enjoy throwing the JLS and Polaris LS that I picked up.

Where does one aquire an armor scale??

By tripping over one while looking for a Tar Pit Serp haha... I posted an ISO COOL SERPS thread in an exchange page and a guy responded with a whole slew of stuff- but he also had an armor scale and I immediately broke off from the original mission and focused on the scale.

Triple stamped first run and penned 1/10. Not sure if the 10 is the stamp or the plastic run but I'm very pleased to own it in any case!

I've only been playing a year, so technically everything is new to me given the 6-12 month definition. The discs that I've felt improved my game the most have been:

1. Zone. It's the perfect approach disc -- a glideless turd that is impossible to flip, immune to the wind, and super easy to range. Fits my hand much better than a Harp, too, so there's really nothing I know of that could replace it.

2. Wave. It's the most controllable distance driver I've thrown, and believe me when I say I've tried out way too many distance drivers for my own good. This disc allowed me to increase my controllable distance by a solid 30 feet without sacrificing accuracy.

3. Vanish. A super useful and versatile understable complement to the Wave. It can be thrown hard and with air for bombing turnovers or low at 80% for long lazerbeams through the woods. It's steadily taking shots away from a multitude of other discs in my bag.

4. Getaway. It's got such a unique combination of overstability and glide packed into a fast fairway driver. Flies way longer and easier than my Felons and finishes harder/more consistently than my Escapes. Fills a unique spot in my bag and allowed me to start reaching pins that were previously impossible for me to birdie.

Two discs I've added and become staples:
-vultures
-punishers

These two discs have been the perfect OS compliment to the cranks. Been able to really control my shots better than before.

Does a CD3 feel similar to a Wave? I've been casually searching for a "slightly more stable Wave" for the last 3 months.

CD3 has a similar rim width but it does not feel like a Wave. It is a good bit more stable, too. I usually throw the CD3 on a slight flex, counting on the fade to bring it back.

In contrast I usually throw the Wave on a hyzerflip line, or flat with some height to turn and come back late.

mongoose for rollers. just crazy flip and glide amazingness.

ion putters in d line like plastic.

old school rocs. had half of my bag filled with them fifteen years ago. it took a lot of sampling of other mids to convince they still work really well.

The only 2 new discs I've tried in the past year have been the Deflector and the Kaxe Z. Of the two, I will say the Kaxe Z stayed in my bag longer, but honestly, mo matter what I try, I just go back to Craves, Clashes, Envies, and Proxies. I just don't need any other discs than those to shoot my best round at any course.

For me it has to be the Warship / Pine combo.

A little over a year of use, they have stolen 90% of my tee shots.

Disced down, more accuracy, less wear on these old shoulders and 3 aces this year to boot.

Game changers for me

P-FD: Don't think I would have ever tried one of these if I hadn't got one in a player's pack. Kinda like a glidey Volt with less fade, which I need sometimes.
Plasma Volt: Like my worked-in Fission Volt, but with more fade, which I need sometimes.
Classic Blend Warden: Another one I got in a player's pack. Better grip than my Lucid ones, but without being floppy like the Soft ones.
Opto-X Sparkle River: That crazy River glide in the only Trilogy plastic I've seen that doesn't beat to flippy in a month. Got my first ace with it

Stuff I tried this year that wasn't good:
Lucid Gummy Convict: Another player's pack special. Who the hell wants a driver that's overstable in normal conditions but acts flippy in a headwind? How does that even happen?
Classic SuperSoft Warden: Like throwing a handful of jello. OOP for a reason
Star Caiman: I had high hopes that this would be a longer Harp. It's nowhere near as reliable.