• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Your Perfect Weight?

Whats your perfect disc weight?

• 150 class

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • 160-165

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • 165-170

Votes: 53 41.4%
  • 170-175

Votes: 59 46.1%

• Total voters

ian.

*Legalize It*
So what is your perfect disc weight? I know a lot of people that throw 150 class and even more that throw max weight.. I guess im a little odd.. on anything say from fairway speed on up i prefer 168g +/- a few grams..mids and putters i like right around 175g which im sure is the norm for most. I dont have a ton of arm speed and one of my first discs was around 168 so i just stuck with it for drivers and never looked back.. now when i pick up a 175g Driver it just feels like a brick lol .. at 168 i still seem to get the true mold flight and just feels good but was just randomly thinking.. whats your perfect weight?

LmAo@this poll (knowing where it came from).

Well done, sir.

I usually carry heavier discs, but the Star Teebird I have in 167 does seem to bomb. I think my misplaced machismo is what keeps me throwing heavier discs, even though I'd probably be better off throwing lighter ones.

I'm not to picky when it comes to my disc weights. Distance/Fairway drivers 170g +/- 3grams or so. Mids and putters closer to 175, but I don't necessarily search out any specific disc weight.

Knew this was coming lol

I like max weight for overstable discs.

For pretty much everything else, 170-171 is my favorite weight. I feel like it's enough weight for me to really get behind a throw, but not too heavy that the disc won't do what I want it to do.

I have some light weight mids and putters also in the low 160s for other shots.

But if the question is, what's your perfect weight PERIOD?

171g.

Knew this was coming lol

But if the question is, what's your perfect weight PERIOD?

171g.

lol.. yeah i like to hear in general what weights people like for different molds but yeah kinda looking for perfect weight period :hfive:

Drivers about 170G, I would throw between 168-172 ideally. I do have some max weight stable drivers for the wind.

putters 175g

mid ranges - 180g, gator 175g (still max)

Drivers: 168ish
Mids and Putters: max

same

however ive found plh matters more than weight. so if im really concerned ill eye em up at gggt like a nerd. i cant feel the difference in 5g (weight of a nickel) and cant see a difference in flight pattern. i can tell on 10g+ though. plh is more important to me than weight

I like my drivers in the low to mid 160s. Sometimes they cam be hard to find in those weights. Putters are 170ish, I can deal with heavier but I lose some range. I like my mids closer to max weight, 175-180g.

Drivers 162-169. Instant love affair if 167
Mids 173-175
Putters 175 for putting 172-174 for driving

No clue why I'm that particular

For drivers I throw anywhere from 167-172. As mentioned previously, if I am forced to pick a specific weight, 171g.

I find more benefits to experimenting with weights than I do keeping myself restricted to an arbitrarily selected weight range.

Off the top of my head, I can give you the following examples.

I love Resistors, they are one of my favorite discs. I recently bagged a 160g Resistor, while I normally throw them exclusively near max weight. The 160g Resistor has been incredibly useful for me for zero turn lines with a much later fade than the max weight Resistor.

The Tesla has become my go to distance driver, but I felt the gap between my max weight Teslas and Inertias too big. So I added a 165g and 155g Tesla, so I have more middle ground covered than only throwing my normal max weights.

I putted a 172g Ion for years, and recently switched to a 165g soft envy. This is just the weight that was available to me, so I tried it out and its working great for me. If I had told myself "I putt with 170-172g putters and nothing else" I would not be able to use this awesome putter.

TLDR: I see no reason to restrict myself to a specific weight range.

my best-performing drivers are 168-171.
mids & putters as heavy as possible.

TLDR: I see no reason to restrict myself to a specific weight range.

i agree that you can benefit from trying different weights .. i threw heavy zones and tried a 169 and i havent looked back i love them! and i also carry a heavy and light bandit for different lines.. but i def prefer 168 if i have to choose but i agree you eyes can be opened by trying different weight ranges

Perfect for what really? MAX D take off a few grams.. longer putts/up shots are easier with lighter discs too... I like 170+ most of the time b/c you can find all discs easily around a max weight but not as easy for others depending on the mold/company.

no 150 in my bag b/c they feel too different from my other discs and impact timing. My ions are 177g+ Experimenting with a disc in different weights is a great thing to do and figure out which works best with your style and courses etc.

I generally prefer my drivers between 168-172 with 171 being my preference.
Mids and putters I like right at 175.

Weight does not always matter to as I usually can find a way to work the discs. I used to go with only max weight because Jenkins said to in his in the bag. My current go to discs in my bag have the following weights. Pulse magnet 167g, soft 4 chain no idea on weight but probably 168 or so. 08 drone 171 and it's the most overstable one I have had, fr buzzz 179g, esp comet 178g, opto river 177g, icon bandit 175g, esp flash 167g, 2 z crush both 173g. I am all over the place on weight, except mids I generally stay the heaviest. I don't jump putt so I like a little lighter and straighter putters.

I'm a lot like the OP:
Putters- 175
Mid- 175
Fairways- 167
Distance- 165

Latest posts