• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Your Putter Evolution

Aviar -> Wizard -> Aviar -> Wizard

JKs for the first couple years, then Wizards from 2005-2012. Then a switch to the dx BB last year for about 6 months and now back to the Wizard.

Birdie > Warlock > Wizard > Ion > Anode > Yeti Aviar > Clutch

Those have been my main putters over the past 25 years or so. I mainly regret spending so much time with the Birdie, which is a horrible disc.

Mc Pro>PA4>Judge>Yeti>Banger GT

I still have my Yeti's for when I'm in a beaded putter mood, and I still use the PA4's for just about all of my upshots.

Birdie > Warlock > Wizard > Ion > Anode > Yeti Aviar > Clutch

Those have been my main putters over the past 25 years or so. I mainly regret spending so much time with the Birdie, which is a horrible disc.

The Birdie ISNT a Horrible disc.... Its a Horrible putter..

dx Aviar >soft magnet >SSS wizard >P anode >SS warlock >E anode >classic Aviar >SSS wizard

I played one round with a D challenger once - it was the worst feeling disc I've ever putted with

Driving putter: nothing >wizard >anode

Last edited:
The Birdie ISNT a Horrible disc.... Its a Horrible putter..

You should have seen mine - old mold DX (no thumb track), warped to hades, and with that annoying tweeter mocking every one of my then-pitiful attempts to throw the disc in, or even near, the basket.

Horrible. YMMV, of course. ;)

Classic Aviar -> SSS Voodoo -> VP

I figured out pretty early that I liked floppier putters. Once I learned how to hold a putter properly, I found my large-ish hands preferred a bigger bead. The VP is the perfect marriage of feel and floppiness for me.

KC Aviar → Wizard → N Ion.

I've flirted with many others, but since the N Ion was released I haven't looked back.

Started playing again in May. Can't say I used putters previously.

Started Dart, dabbled in Aviars (classic, p&a, kc pro), started using KC Pro Roc and had noteworthy improvement, got 4 used Ions and was hooked. Now I use Ions and Anodes for most duty under 200ft. I supplement with Ryhno or P3 for overstable needs. Only thing I need these days is more practice...

DX Birdie -> SE Rhyno -> R-Pro Rhyno plus SE Rhyno -> Yeti/JK Aviar/Wizard (driving) plus SE Rhyno -> Pure (driving) plus SE Rhyno -> Pure (driving) plus [R-]Pro Rhynos (putts/approaches) -> [R-]Pro Rhynos (everything).

I still have that SE and it's the most trusted disc I've ever thrown. Might put it back in the bag to deal with non-overstable everythings.

I think mine is something like

Birdie -> Core -> Sinus -> Pure

My first putter was a Magnet, a month or two later I got a Focus, and then a month or two after that I got a Wizard. The End.

Lets see... My evolution went like so:

1. Innova Sonic
2. Innova Aviar (star)
3. Discraft Soft Magnet
4. Discraft Soft Banger GT
5. Discraft Magnet
Here's where I learned to hate Discraft base plastic!
6. Innova KC Aviar
7. Latitude 64 Mercy
Loved the mold but there were no Zero Hards in existence so I had to move on...
8. Eraser Wizards - which have stuck for a long time now!

Voodoos>Birdies>Piranha.
My friend gave me a Piranha to start me out a few years ago. I liked, but found out they were expensive. So I went to the next closest thing which was a birdie. It lasted maybe a year, then I started playing with some guys who were waaaaayy better than me and were all nailing putts with voodoos. I picked up a huge stack and I'm not gonna change probably ever.

Aviar P&A >Warlock>Wizard/Challenger/Focus/Omega SS/KC Pro Aviar/JK Pro Aviar/Yeti Pro Aviar> Warlock

First got a Warlock over 2 years ago, but mixed it around with a bunch of other putters. I finally cleaned shop at the beginning of this year and just use them as my putting putter.

Only been playing since Sept of last year but.....here goes: Birdie, GT Banger, Magic, wait for it.........Blowfly, and finally, Pure.

Latest posts