• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Your Putter Evolution

My first putter was an Eco1 Swan. After losing it I bought a P&A Aviar which I didn't like at all. Fortunately I got my Swan back soon after. Next up was a Wizard which I've been using ever since with short trials with KC Aviars and Rhynos, which I like very much but Wizards are holding their place. Too bad Gateway isn't producing mediums anymore :/

I have a stock pile of medium wizards walde if your interested. I went from dx aviar to wizard after first 3 months of starting and have never gone back. SS for putting, mediums for driving, RFF for 200ft and in. I have about 30 of these things!

Birdie -> Aviar P&A -> Warlock - > Wizard SS -> Eraser Wizard 25

I never plan to putt with anything other than a stiff wizard. I recently added a magic for putts outside of 50' and certain approach shots

I started with a soft dx p&a aviar and never switched.. I used a stiffer classic for a few weeks but then went back.. still using the same one too.
why do so many people switch putters so much?

Valkyrie > Aviar Driver > Dart > Sole > Wizard > Sole > VP > Aviar PnA > Sole

The one I used for the longest: a Star Valkyrie that I used for like two years during my 1 disc, chucker days.

Tried 50 thousands different putters and couldn't putt worth a crap with any of them.

Bought a basket and started practicing every day.

Now I can putt with any of them.

Aviar>anode>ion>wizard>ridge>classic hard judge>classic hard warden>back to judge>soft judge>back to classic hard judge>now classic blend judge. It may be the end of my search.

Bought an Aero, threw it maybe twice. Then bought a Rhyno. :rolleyes:
So, R-Pro Rhynos>XG Rhynos>R-Pro Rhynos>Champ Rhynos>Stiff R-Pro Rhynos
Now I just need to decided to keep Rhynos or switch to Breakers. :\

I really wish I could remember all the putters.. first one was a skeeter b/c I didn't "need" a putter lol.. then im pretty sure was birdie/bowfly/aviar combo then played with a TON of putters and found the GRIP LINE pure.. now Soft Neutron Ion

Aim for the Chains, your post got me thinking. Before I ever had a starter set of DX discs, I played one round with one of these...

picture.php

...So a 141g Whamo Frisbee was actually my first putter (and driver, and fairway and mid)!

9x aviar ('98-'12)
eraser wizard to start '13
currently putting with a classic judge

I started with a Aviar, then I tried an XD, Omega SS, Titanic, Magnets, Soft Magnets, Magic, APX, Dart, Wizard, you name it, I have tried it. I played with the Magnet for a long time, tried the Soft Magnet for a while. Even have two Z Magnets that I threw for a while. I tried the Focus for a little while, but seemed to be what I was looking for.

Then after a mini tournament one day, a guy let me try his Vibram Ridge,and I really liked the way it felt in my hand. I went out and bought one, and my scores started to drop. I was amazed at how well I putted with the disc. It has seemed to work ever since. I tried out the Clutch for a little while, and went back to the Ridge. It just works. Just for the heck of it I played a course with my Soft Magnet, and shot even. Went back a week later with the Ridge, and shot -5. It made a huge difference in my putting. I got a Summit in a tournament, and I tried it for a couple of rounds, but its just not the same as the Ridge. The Ridge just works for me. Now, its not the best approaching disc in the world, or driving putter, so I only use the Ridge for about 60ft and in. Out from there I use a Soft Magnet, and I use a Pro D Magnet for Driving, and it works

Latest posts