• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Your Putter Evolution

Aviar>Aero>Aviar>KC Aviar>Ion>Sinus>Zone>Aviar>Wizard>Aviar>Judge(soft)

My search is over. The Judge is EVERYTHING I was searching for in a putter.

Soft Magnet -> Eraser Wizard* -> Neutron Ion** -> Classic Judge -> ZH Pure -> Wizard

*Warlock was picked up around then too, but it always felt like it dropped much faster than my Wizard so I wasn't too big of a fan.
**Glow Anode bought at same time as Ion, but never have really used it in a round. Feels nice tho.

I just ordered 5 new Wizards earlier this week, expecting them in the mail Monday. Going to go back to the Wizard and see if I can't make them work for me this time. My lone Eraser has been getting the occasional toss and I threw it earlier this week and was really impressed w/how it went for me, so I snagged a bunch of x-outs and said the heck with it :)

Well, without counting having switched to the same putters multiple times, it's gone something like this:

Blowfly -> Aviar -> Magnet-> Wizard -> Ion -> Challenger -> Pure -> P2 -> Judge

That doesn't include switching plastics, either. If it did this list would be about 3 times as long. The classic blend judges are exactly what I was waiting for from DD, so that'll probably be the putter I use for the foreseeable future.

I've thrown/putted with almost every putter mold out there at least once. In the bag it has been
P&A Aviar > Wizard > Challenger > Clutch > KC Aviar/Yeti

Can't remember all of the love affairs but I've tried most any putter on the market. Here's a random list of what I've used for any period of time:

Aviar P&A, BB Aviar, Banger-GT, Wizard, Magnet, Ching Juju (yup! :)), Lightning Upshot (basically a Polecat), Rhyno, Ion, and Dart.

Now use Clutches (switched from Magnets) and couldn't be happier:thmbup:

Aviar pna cause it came with my beginner set 150

Dart pro d cause I got hung up on the lip of my aviar and thought I might like shallow rim better

Xd dx same time dart for same reasons

Back to my aviar cause I don't really know wtf I am doing and aviar have good ratings....... Not that aviar are bad, I was just struggling .

Got better at grip and putting technique with aviar and realized it too was light and no good in the slightest wind.

Star bb aviar driver on an impulse, I went star crazy for a while...... But I still use this putter cause it fits my grip just right and pointer finger lays perfectly in the bb .

Heavier aviar classic to replace my 150 aviar. It's a toss up between bb star and this one for putts made, but the dx has better grip in the cold and holds line just a smidge longer than bb. But I still feel like the the consistent grip of pointer finger in bb aviar makes for more consistent putting. 20-40 I use aviar cause it glides better, 20- I use bb for feel reasons. Aviar is better for approaches , bb hangs up on my calluses for approaching or driving and drops like a rock. So bb also gets down hill duties as it drops and stops @ 180g. If forced to only carry one, I would have to go with aviar as it is more versatile and still a great all round putter.

141g World Class Wham-o > Kitty Hawk Soft Touch > Magnet > APX > CryZtal Challenger > Proton Anode.

I have tried countless other putters, but these are the ones that I used the most.

Birdie > Aviar > Rhyno > KC Pro Aviar > Omega SS > Pig > Judge

I think I've finally found my putter in the Judge. It only took 18 years!

Aero - Dart - Voodoo - Aviar P&A - BB Aviar - Pure

I tried almost everything. Only those few made it into the bag for any length of time.

Avair p&a -> Magnet/ Focus -> Ion -> Judge

I threw most of the major molds before going to the Ion. It's still one of my favorite putters off the tee. The Judge just comes out cleaner and is in a sweet base plastic.

I also bag a Zone and occasionally have a Polecat in the bag.

Blowfly (2 weeks) -> ss voodoo (a year) -> classic judge (1 month) -> ss & SSS voodoo (4 months) -> soft proton ion.

Voodoo's were money for a long time, and I still like them, I just hated the consistency issue with the s plastic. The ions are great for consistency, and I can drive with the a lot better then I could with the voodoo. The ion is a keeper for now but I'm tempted to try the classic blend judge

Magnet > Rhyno > FLX Drone (anny putts, FTW!) > Ion > Yeti > Pure > Magic > Wizard > Magic > Wizard.

Besides my first Magnet, I think I've been with the Wizards the longest now.

DX Aviar P&A --> Z Puttr --> R-Pro Dart --> DX Aviar P&A --> KC Aviar --> Champion Rhyno --> DX Aviar P&A --> Champion Aviar P&A --> BB Glow Champion Aviar --> KC Aviar --> DX Aviar P&A

I've switched back & forth between spin & push putting for years. I tried pitch putting for a few months to give it a try but it wasn't for me. The best push putting putter mold for me has been the BB Aviar in KC Pro & the best spin putting putter mold for me has been the Aviar P&A in DX. I currently spin putt with black DX Aviars but the weakest part of my game right now is by far my putting. When my putting was the best was when I was push putting with KC Aviars so I'm thinking about going back to them. The reason I switched back to spin putting is I've always felt more confident in the wind spin putting, it feels more natural & I can run longer putts without changing my form as much as I do when push putting.

Blowfly (2 weeks) -> ss voodoo (a year) -> classic judge (1 month) -> ss & SSS voodoo (4 months) -> soft proton ion.

Voodoo's were money for a long time, and I still like them, I just hated the consistency issue with the s plastic. The ions are great for consistency, and I can drive with the a lot better then I could with the voodoo. The ion is a keeper for now but I'm tempted to try the classic blend judge

I would highly recommend the blend judge. It has most of the stiffness I like, its its just soft enough to where I get significantly lower numbers of bounce outs.

Latest posts