• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Z-Boaz weekly mini info + Z-Boaz Open news

i believe rec divisions are 45, advanced=60, and open=75. I think thats right, I can't remember exactly what mace said but that sounds right

Online registration is up and running for the 2011 Z Boaz Open at www.maceman.com. The event will be May 21-22.

Division: Open Men (+ $75)/Masters (+ $75)/Grand Masters (+ $75)/Open Women (+ $75)/Masters Women (+ $75)/Advanced Amateur (+ $60)/Intermediate (+ $45)/Recreational (+ $45)/Ace Fund: (+ $5)
(Don't forget about the non-current member fee of $10 the day of the event, if your PDGA membership is not up to date.)

More info:

The 11th Z Boaz Open
PDGA B-tier May 21-22, 2011
90 Player Cap

3 rounds for All Divisions
2 Saturday and 1 Sunday

Z Boaz Format Skins Match
$1,000 guaranteed!
Sunday Afternoon
Top 4 Pro Women, Top 4 Pro Men Mixed Doubles Modified Alternate Shot
Pairings:1st FPO 4th MPO, 2nd FPO 3rd MPO, 3rd Fpo 2nd MPO, 4th FPO 1st MPO

Does Mace use a temp course + Z Boaz for this event, or am I thinking of another tourney?

At one time there was a temp course installed for the open but he hasnt done it the last couple years. I don't believe it will be used this year either.

I noticed the PDGA webslite lists the event now, but provides no link for the registration website.

Also, I'm told that the PDGA website apparently sometimes has trouble responding to yahoo email addresses. So I don't know for sure, but it might be possible that you could miss some inquiries from players, or they might miss your responses, if a yahoo email address is involved and pdga.com is handling the messaging. If you can get maceman.com listed as the website for registration, that should help avoid problems.

More info:

The 11th Z Boaz Open
90 Player Cap

2 Saturday and 1 Sunday

$1,000 guaranteed!
Sunday Afternoon

i work 3pm-7am saturday night-sunday morning. i may come out sunday morning just to spectate and cheer on :hfive:

@scottie. The skins match is pretty cool if you can stay up until sunday afternoon , I would definitely recommend checking that out. Its always a good time.

More info:

The 11th Z Boaz Open
90 Player Cap

2 Saturday and 1 Sunday

$1,000 guaranteed!
Sunday Afternoon

can someone explain to me what the Z Boaz skins format is? or skins in general haha

They play Nine holes alternate shot, whoever shoots the lowest outright score per hole, wins the skin and $$$. If there is a tie on a hole the skin is carried over to the next hole, which would be worth two skins and so on.

I asked Samara today about the skins, and she confirmed that you have to beat all three other teams on a hole to take that hole and win all of the accumulated skins. I registered for open, so maybe I will get to be in the skins match lol!

I see, a method behind your mayhem? I forsee you will become a great Disci Master, young Disciwan. Hope you're ok with a large crowd following you, watching every move, everyshot. Seriously, I want to see you do this. I'll be there with my camera. Last year, I got some pretty insane photos from this part of the tournament. See 'em here: http://s512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/chainesaw/Z-BOAZ OPEN 2010/

BTW, are there any minis at Z Boaz next weekend? I think I should at least play the course once before the Open, and I it would help to do a mini with people that know the course well.

I played open yesterday at the Lewisville tournament on two courses I'd never played before, and I think I would have avoided some problems if I'd known where all the OBs were located. BTW, sidewalk and beyond is hard, yo.

VF has backed out of Z-Boaz for the month, giving way to the Open. The only organized events now will be the Thursday Minis. Oops, I forgot about Work Day. This Saturday. After work, there will be draw doubles. This would be a great chance for you to get to know the course. You'll be walked thru by locals. Hell, maybe even get a great player as your teammate. I'm going to bug them right now for details about Workday. I'll post when I get it.

I'll be at the work day its always nice to give back to the course that you love

YEP! Picked up about a trashbags worth of trash on friday, the course is looking better and better everyday. And It seems like the little high school punks are making fewer and fewer appearances but i could be wrong.

Ya I picked up some trash yesterday while I was there and Someone said some cops caught some kids tagging on the benches and trash cans and made them repaint all of it