• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

I'm really struggling to be good, but with these going for $12.69 over on Prime today I may have to break down and buy one. Must be strong...

I most likely would not reccomend any MVP disc to a straight up begginer. I have yet to fund one that is begginer friendly, save for the Anode. Even the much-hyped Tangent requires a good understanding of snap and form to work as intended. I would never give them a Tesla.

At least, until Ive thrown mine :(

I have been playing 3 months and I love the MVP discs. MVP, Prodigy and Prodiscus.

The only thing I have noticed about the MVP's is that they seem to want to be 'snapped' harder than a similar speed non-MVP disc.
The Volt did more to force me to have good form(well compared to what it was at least) than any other disc has.

I don't understand the idea that new players should not use MVP. I would give any sidearm player the Tesla as soon as he/she is ready for a driver.

You're both right.

MVP plastic, the Axis in particular, have definitely taught me a lot about using spin to effect, which for me is part of my loyalty. I still struggle with them at times, but it's because they're exposing inconsistencies in my form.

The Tangent is still one that I can't really bag confidently, because when I throw it right, it's the longest mid in my bag by like 30 feet, and when I don't accelerate through it right or get the spin it needs, it's like a straight brick putter, drops out of the air at like 175 ft.

Really like this disc, have a special edition 170G in my bag right now and it's super stable for my arm speed. I get a tinyyyy amount of turn before it stabalizes and hyzers out-- I am really digging it for forehand shots so far. Bringing it out for the second time later on this evening~

Got a 167 neutron yesterday from community disc. This disc is great. I typically throw 350 to 375 with occasional 400 plus. I was easily getting 375 with swirling winds. Mine is so flat I am almost positive it is slightly indented. Thrown flat into a headwind it would have a slight turn and then that penetrating fade others have mentioned. This is a great wind disc for me.

Se tesla is just astounding. Longer volt for me a better release and not willing to turn for me is what the doctor ordered. The forward fade ekes out that little extra distance. Not as over stable as I would have suspected which is nice, but I'm throwing a 166. Gonna snag a max weight and man that is a gonna be a great combo. My initial impressions is the volt/amp/shock for me are gone. Their fairway and dd class is gonna be all I need with my tiny hands.

Se tesla is just astounding. Longer volt for me a better release and not willing to turn for me is what the doctor ordered. The forward fade ekes out that little extra distance. Not as over stable as I would have suspected which is nice, but I'm throwing a 166. Gonna snag a max weight and man that is a gonna be a great combo. My initial impressions is the volt/amp/shock for me are gone. Their fairway and dd class is gonna be all I need with my tiny hands.

I was a tad worried about overstability after reading initial reviews, but turns out it's a great straight disc with a late fade. I know it was compared to a PD, but I would say less fade for sure. I'm going to toss this a lot the next few weeks, but I love my initial throws.

My first throw was over 325+' and with ease The rim feels very comfy in the hand even compared to the volt. I can see this being my new workhorse driver!

Ill post back when I've done more than just field test!

As far as form and such goes THIS video sums up. Form > Strength

I am loving the forward fade on this thing. It fits in perfectly with my Inertia and beat Volt. The Inertia is fliptastic and my Volt is so beat in it just goes straight but is highly workable. Then the Tesla goes straight with a big forward fade.

This will probably be my most used setup. I hope my 167 Tesla holds it's stability for a while otherwise I'll just beat in a Motion.

Also, my Tesla is fighting with my Avenger. I've just had the Avenger so long and it's been so good to me it's just hard to take it out of the bag. If the Tesla does an equal job to the Avenger in the wind then I might have a hard decision to make.

I got my two light blue 175g Teslas today. After few throws i was wanting more distance. with same kind of throws i got only 5-10 meters more than my volts. I got nice turn and forward fade as described by others, but i guess they need some beating to get all the glide out. down wind my beat champ wraith flew 15 meters longer. shape of the flight path was true beauty. Now just scale it up to 12-13 speed class to do some serious butt kicking.

If anyone is looking to pick up some of the special editions and can't find any let me know, I have a few I'd be willing to sell.

So do you guys think the lighter weight SE Teslas will be just as popular collector wise as the heavier weights? I only ask because my local shop has 6 or 7 of em left in the 150 and low 160s weights and they're only asking 18$ for em... Might want to invest..

well considering everyone wanted heavy ones, probably not.

i have a copper envy which they made like 25 of and people have been offering me 20 bucks for it.. first run mvp stuff also has no added value. its basically first run ion or bust in the mvp resale world.

Really like my Tesla, but it caved in on me. Maybe had it in a bad place in my bag I guess. Any advice on how to make the top flat again :)

Latest posts