• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

Well the first throw i had with it was on a 375 pin and i threw it like my volt which usualy parks it perfectly and i overshot it by about 30' or more so at least 400'.. but i wasnt really throwing it at full power today, tomorow im taking it to the field to test it at full power i expect to be able to get it 450 on a good rip

Yea, so you're seeing a side of the disc that I'll likely never see. And that's kind of the whole point of my argument today. You big arms are liking the Tesla as I like the Inertia.

Yea, so you're seeing a side of the disc that I'll likely never see. And that's kind of the whole point of my argument today. You big arms are liking the Tesla as I like the Inertia.

dude, if i can throw over 400' so can you.. im 6'4" and only 165 pounds! im a twig with abnormally long arms

this video helped me out ever since it was released i have been bombing my drives further and further since practicing his technique. Will isnt very strong either, but he bombs

I've seen your vid. You basically ARE Will Schusterick. :D

I think I can gain more D. This summer I plan on playing a ton. Like at least 5 rounds a month. LOL. Hopefully I will see some improvements then. :thmbup:

I've seen your vid. You basically ARE Will Schusterick. :D

I think I can gain more D. This summer I plan on playing a ton. Like at least 5 rounds a month. LOL. Hopefully I will see some improvements then. :thmbup:

5 rounds a month.. i play 5 rounds a week and 1-2 field work a week! LOL.. trying to hit a 1000 rated round in a tournament this year, thats the goal. To me it seems realistic, but i will find out where im at in a couple weeks. :p

Last edited:
Been really enjoying my Teslas. I took out all my non-MVP distance drivers mainly just to build up familiarity with the Inertia and Tesla. Haven't found myself sacrificing any distance so far, which is saying a lot considering how much wider a Quasar or Tresspass is.

I've been getting very good control with the Tesla. It fits my throwing style perfectly. Played Sims Park in Euclid for my first time today and was running a lot of the longer holes playing hyzer lines with my max weight Teslas. Also carry a 165 for when I want a little bit of turn before the fade kicks in. With my max weight I'm not seeing much turn at all, even past 400'. Mainly just locking into a straight line, maybe tracking right a couple feet, then having a long, forward penetrating fade.

I've been very happy with the Tesla so far. I'm getting some ever so slight turn out of a 170g metallic teal, and starting to see the same in a 163 neutron. I was throwing a 159 LE yesterday, and I'm not really sure if there's any plastic variation on that one, but it flew like a dream as well. The metallic one seems like it has more glide and grip though overall. When these were announced, I was skeptical that I'd be able to use this mold, but it's been lots of fun so far and very reliable.

There really isn't a "correct" disc to throw in our game. You throw what gets the job done. This has been proven time and time again in many situations.

I agree with you on this. But I think there is also something to be said for the enjoyment of new players to help steer them in the right direction. If they are going to throw something fast, at least suggest something more understable, right? Taking off your MVP fan hat, would you really suggest a new player to pick up the Tesla? Or could you make a more productive suggestion that would help that person enjoy the game a little more?

I agree with you on this. But I think there is also something to be said for the enjoyment of new players to help steer them in the right direction. If they are going to throw something fast, at least suggest something more understable, right?
The Tangent is probably the best "fast" disc for a new player. I lost an Amp on a hyzer bomb when I was brand new. Had I thrown a Tangent, it would have gone farther and not been eaten by coyotes (you'll know the animals in question if you've played Tri-C in Parma). Drivers are not for new players, nor are they good for playing with new players.

dude, if i can throw over 400' so can you.. im 6'4" and only 165 pounds! im a twig with abnormally long arms

...Will isnt very strong either, but he bombs
Strong = being able to move lots of weight. (Powerful = being able to move weight fast.) I haven't found being relatively strong to be that advantageous for driving, but I'm 5'8". Nobody has trouble moving the heaviest of discs through a driving motion, because they're not actually heavy. Having long limbs is what counts for disc velocity.

Is there anybody who drives far but isn't tall?

Strong = being able to move lots of weight. (Powerful = being able to move weight fast.) I haven't found being relatively strong to be that advantageous for driving, but I'm 5'8". Nobody has trouble moving the heaviest of discs through a driving motion, because they're not actually heavy. Having long limbs is what counts for disc velocity.

Nikko Locastro/McBeth can bomb and they're both like 5"8-- I know a couple guys under 5"5 that can drive really well as well. I agree that long limbs helps a lot for disc velocity though, but clearly some guys are good at making the most out of what they have~

These are up at marshall street for anyone that was still waiting. Mike Cs and Tesla stamps 19.99. Regular stamps regular price. No blanks. :-(

Gurthie.

I agree with you on this. But I think there is also something to be said for the enjoyment of new players to help steer them in the right direction. If they are going to throw something fast, at least suggest something more understable, right? Taking off your MVP fan hat, would you really suggest a new player to pick up the Tesla? Or could you make a more productive suggestion that would help that person enjoy the game a little more?

I've posted here that I would recommend a Switch, Tangent, Anode combo to a new player. But I would not discourage a noob from using a Tesla for certain shots. Especially if he is successful with that shot.

Yes...the aforementioned and many more. Shorter bodies can spin quicker (think Barry Sanders). They can accelerate faster over a shorter distance. Thinking of the arms as levers, shorter also accelerates faster. Tall guys throw harder, short guys throw faster. The two pretty much equal each other out.

FWIW I think short guys have to be better athletes to throw far than taller guys, which to me helps explain why there seem to be more taller guys towards the top.

I've posted here that I would recommend a Switch, Tangent, Anode combo to a new player. But I would not discourage a noob from using a Tesla for certain shots. Especially if he is successful with that shot.

I most likely would not reccomend any MVP disc to a straight up begginer. I have yet to fund one that is begginer friendly, save for the Anode. Even the much-hyped Tangent requires a good understanding of snap and form to work as intended. I would never give them a Tesla.

At least, until Ive thrown mine :(

Just got mine and it feels great in the hand. Mine is flat but not Resistor-flat, with a slight shoulder and a bit of puddle top. Looking forward to throwing it asap.

Community Discs have both stock and Mike C's for $15 with $1 shipping, along with awesome customer service.

Last edited:
I have a Green 167g Tesla that flies different from all my others.. has some turn to it and rides a straight line much longer with a more forward fade (i LOVE this one). the other 4 teslas i have all fly pretty much the same, Its as if the green one was seasoned right out of the box, I am also getting about 20-30' more distance with it consistently over the rest of them. The slime green is a new color i have never seen from MVP before so that might explain why it is so different.

I also tried to replace the volt with the teslas today in a practice round, didn't work out too well.. i was consistently overshooting the basket, it will take time to adjust for the extra distance potential but i think they will eventually be able to cover the same shots.. i probably should have been using the crave for the distances i was throwing today anyways.

And i also noticed after hitting a gravel path today that one of my Teslas took some crazy damage to the overmold, now i have hit that path probably 30 times in the past couple years with various MVP discs and none of them have taken damage like the Tesla.. not sure if they have made the plastic blend a little less durable so they break in faster or what, but it looks like Innova star plastic the way the gravel chewed at the wing.

I am thoroughly enjoying my Teslas, they fly exactly how i would have wanted them to, cant wait for the Motion.