• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 150-class Eagle experience?

onemilemore

* Ace Member *
Anyone toss a 150 Eagle in Champ plastic? I am looking to throw lighter drivers as I work on form and come back from an injury, and I have a 150 Champ Leo or 154 Opto Diamond I will use in the understable slot. I was thinking of adding a 150 Champ Eagle over a Teebird just because I've never thrown an Eagle.

If anyone can convince me that there is a better stable complement in 150-class, please do so. Or, let me know how your 150 Eagle flies. Thanks!

i had a 147 i think SEX and it was pretty straight but if i threw it with any wind or OAT it would get really flippy in a hurry.

150 eagle x was beefy. i had two of them and both were stable little things. never liked them, but they could fill the stable roll to the 150 teebird!!! Great disc right there!!

I've thrown one. Definitely easier to throw and turn than a heavier one, even if that heavier one is DX, and it still holds up in the wind fairly well.

Not to shamelessly plug, but I'd sell or trade my F2 150 class Champ Eagle if you were interested.

I'd say that an Opto Air Stag would pair with the Diamond better, and be easier to throw in less-than-optimal health, given its Euro glide. Marshall Street has one, I believe.

I have a low 160's Ascent and it is pretty beefy, I would imagine a 150 class would still be beef. Feels pretty similar to my eagle x's in the hand, and is more HSS than a similar weight EagleX (at least in star). Fade is definitely similar but I dont throw them side by side much to say which is more LSS.

I also have a 150 class champ teebird which is longer than my Ascent but I'm pretty sure the Ascent would be more stable even if it lost a few grams and was 150 class.

Hmmm...I definitely want something more shapeable than beefy if that makes sense. I like the Stag suggestion, might have to check it out.

Thanks for all the feedback, and keep the advice coming!

I found a 150 eagle in a tree and after the owner told me to keep it, i started throwing it. 1st thro i turned it over bad so the next time i put a bunch of hyzer and and all my power into it and it was a friggin lazer beam about 12 feet off the ground and straight as an arrow. It finally came down almost 400 feet away in the shadow of the basket. So thats what ive been using it for ever since, but not in the wind. It becomes terribly unpredictable in even light wind.

I had a 148 eagle-l in champ. it was laser straight but less predictable than my 166 star TL. too much overlap, so I sold the eagle. I throw max weight S-EX's in various stages of wear as my go to for most drives and I'm happy.

Hmmm...I definitely want something more shapeable than beefy if that makes sense. I like the Stag suggestion, might have to check it out.

Thanks for all the feedback, and keep the advice coming!

Just to follow up on the Stag a bit - I get some good turn out of my 165 Tournament, but they're hard to find lighter than that in that plastic. I'd imagine the Opto Air would be easily shapeable.

Just to follow up on the Stag a bit - I get some good turn out of my 165 Tournament, but they're hard to find lighter than that in that plastic. I'd imagine the Opto Air would be easily shapeable.

Picked up an X-out 156g AIR "Hiiden Hirvi" from GGGT last week. There was 4 or 5 in the bin to pick from.

Flies similar lines to my 167g TP Stag. And makes a nice "overstable" compliment to my 153g AIR Saint...

Fun disc! :thmbup:

If you can get your hands on a 150 class Vibram Medium Trak: Ka-freaking-Boom. I love throwing 150 class discs (the 150g Eagle L/X's are pretty money, as well as 150 Teebirds and Leo's.) If you're looking for shapeable, and easier to find, the Eagle L's are more available in 150's. But honestly, give a 150 Trak a try. I have had trouble keeping my destroyers out as far as I am getting this baby haha

I know you said you didn't think you wanted 150 teebirds, but IMO they're a fantastic disc. My fiancee uses them as her stable to overstable fairway driver in the 250-300' range, but they can handle a ton of power like their heavier counterparts. I've been able to get them out to about 425' on fairly low straight line drives. If you're up this way let me know, we have a bunch you could test throw.

I know you said you didn't think you wanted 150 teebirds, but IMO they're a fantastic disc. My fiancee uses them as her stable to overstable fairway driver in the 250-300' range, but they can handle a ton of power like their heavier counterparts. I've been able to get them out to about 425' on fairly low straight line drives. If you're up this way let me know, we have a bunch you could test throw.

Thanks man! After heading out today and playing with the Diamond - which was really nice - and knowing I need a stable complement, I thought about the Teebird again. I can't seem to find any straight 150s online right now, though, so if you are willing to part with one, please PM me. Also, trying to get up that way within the next couple weeks.

I doubt Ashleigh would let me part with any, she has a couple in her bag and a few backups. I'll keep an eye out for any in the usual places we've bought them, and definitely let me know when you do make it up here.

Mashnut said it. I have a 150 Xout teebird and that thing is way more stable than you'd expect! A friend of mine has a green 150 Xout teebird and it's the same.

I've thrown a 107g Eagle before. It maxed out at around 300ft because it didn't have enough mass to keep moving haha... Need to find another one of those!

Latest posts