• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] 150 class RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are some other molds that hold up well in 150g from Innova?

From discs in your bag, Teebirds, Valks, and Leopards are wonderful in the 150s.

My current bag includes a 157 Star TL, which does exactly what I want. 150s Pro Wraith (or beefier plastic, if you prefer) is also pretty sweet.

What are some other molds that hold up well in 150g from Innova?

I throw a lot of 150 class innova. Been throwing lighter weights for quiet a while and I throw both backhand and forehand and for my style of play, this is what I have experienced, so, for those who don't agree, no need to jump down my throat.

what works:
Valks in Pro, G* and Champ
DX and KC Rocs
DX RocX3
DX Aviars
All the big bead avairs
DX Stingrays are sweet.
DX and G* Teebirds. Seasoned DX Teebirds are better Leopards.
Star and Champ Eagles
Star TL
Star and Champ Orcs (if you can find them)
G* Firebirds (they fly like longer Eagles)
Dx and G* Thunderbirds.
R-Pro Pig

What hasn't worked for me.
Sidewinders, everyone I have tried has no glide. I love Sidewinders in my regular bag but in 150, they go nowhere.
Any Mako
DX Eagles. They start out great but become unpredictable.
Rhynos. I love the Rhyno, but in 150 it just isn't that stable.
Roc3
I haven't had much luck with the Leopard, Roadrunner or Wraith either.

I probably have others, but this is what I can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Star. F2nd work if they have them and a "Starlite" with a Starlite stamp which comes in a bit more OS than the others.

I throw a lot of 150 class innova. Been throwing lighter weights for quiet a while and I throw both backhand and forehand and for my style of play, this is what I have experienced, so, for those who don't agree, no need to jump down my throat.

what works:
Valks in Pro, G* and Champ
DX and KC Rocs
DX RocX3
DX Aviars
All the big bead avairs
DX Stingrays are sweet.
DX and G* Teebirds. Seasoned DX Teebirds are better Leopards.
Star and Champ Eagles
Star TL
Star and Champ Orcs (if you can find them)
G* Firebirds (they fly like longer Eagles)
Dx and G* Thunderbirds.
R-Pro Pig

What hasn't worked for me.
Sidewinders, everyone I have tried has no glide. I love Sidewinders in my regular bag but in 150, they go nowhere.
Any Mako
DX Eagles. They start out great but become unpredictable.
Rhynos. I love the Rhyno, but in 150 it just isn't that stable.
Roc3
I haven't had much luck with the Leopard, Roadrunner or Wraith either.

I probably have others, but this is what I can think of off the top of my head.

Thanks! I definitely can make a bag out of the "What works" column no problem...I don't think I knew they made Pigs that light.

And a caveat that all the other 150 class users will agree with - don't restrict yourself to molds that work for someone else. There are some 150 molds that I have used successfully for 10 years or more and still are in my bag - Sidewinders, Leopards, Cheetah's, Banshees - all in Champion, but Diamonds and Sapphires have taken the slots that once went to Tbirds, Valks and Eagles. YMMV. [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My personal preference is no champion plastic except for my CE Spider. DX, XT, Pro, Star and G* be up in this bag. ;)

I don't think I realized KC Aviars came in 150 class...I guess I just haven't paid attention :p

I will second the 155 Teebird... I had one that was magical, I won't bore you with the story but it was an awesome disc.

I also love the heck out of my 160 champ roadrunner, I've probably worn enough off to squeek it in at 159 :D.. It's a touch more stable than my 165 star. I didn't think they made 150g RR's, I looked pretty hard 15yrs ago. With a rim that thick I don't know if 150's would be "right" .

Thanks! I definitely can make a bag out of the "What works" column no problem...I don't think I knew they made Pigs that light.

Keep in mind that all of the discs in your bag don't need to be 150s. Some people carry light and heavy variations of a disc to get different flights. That doesn't work for me, but it does for some.

All of my drivers are in the 150s but I prefer mids in the mid-upper 160s and putters in the low 170s. Perhaps because drivers have more of their weight towards the rim, heavier mids and putters "feel" the same to me as 150s drivers.

Just another option to consider.

Edit: Concur that 150s Teebirds are magical. I have throw a seasoned 155 DX Teebird as far as I have thrown any high-speed driver.

I've been buying all my drivers in the low 160's or high 150's for awhile now. It's one of the best things I've done for my game tbh. I still throw "normal" weight mids and putters, but these lightweight drivers are fantastic. Been especially digging the Roadrunners and Wraiths.

Personally love having my drivers in the 150 class. Ones I especially like:

Pro Beast
Pro Destroyer
Gstar Mamba
Lat 64 Sapphire

I have been throwing 150 Mambas for a while in star. I bought a stack of F2nds to make them my throw away driver on those type of holes but now I don't want to lose any of them.

First time looking at this thread in regards to me personally, so I'd like to get a little feedback.

I have been playing for 20 years now. I have figured my game and throwing style out over that time. During that time I have made a decision to throw everything max weight. The reason for this is not to mimic others, but to use the heaviest tools in my bag while I still can. As I have been aging, I am beginning to think about backing down on weight. Farthest flying disc for me is my 173g ZFlx Crank, I can throw it on hyzer-flip to ~400' and on a big S-~450'. Control lines with an Anax from 340'-385'. Wasp throws out to 350' on a big panning-S.

So a few questions:
1. Best way to start backing down in weight?->driver, mids, putters
2. Easiest discs to start trying in a lighter weight?
3. With a goal of getting to 150s by the time I am 50, 37 years old now, do I need to work on changing my throw, so these function better in the long run?
4. Any reason to switch to a lightweight putter?
5. Do yall use 150s for drivers primarily or for the whole bag?

Link to my bag thread if you are really curious. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37849&page=6

First time looking at this thread in regards to me personally, so I'd like to get a little feedback.

I have been playing for 20 years now. I have figured my game and throwing style out over that time. During that time I have made a decision to throw everything max weight. The reason for this is not to mimic others, but to use the heaviest tools in my bag while I still can. As I have been aging, I am beginning to think about backing down on weight. Farthest flying disc for me is my 173g ZFlx Crank, I can throw it on hyzer-flip to ~400' and on a big S-~450'. Control lines with an Anax from 340'-385'. Wasp throws out to 350' on a big panning-S.

So a few questions:
1. Best way to start backing down in weight?->driver, mids, putters
2. Easiest discs to start trying in a lighter weight?
3. With a goal of getting to 150s by the time I am 50, 37 years old now, do I need to work on changing my throw, so these function better in the long run?
4. Any reason to switch to a lightweight putter?
5. Do yall use 150s for drivers primarily or for the whole bag?

Link to my bag thread if you are really curious. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37849&page=6

Ask this again in 20 years. No need to plan this far ahead.

150s class for drivers for sure

still max weight on mids and putters

i do carry a fun 150g dx stingray tho

however i did try the 150 ion and it was just as os as regular but of course didnt hold up as well in the wind

i would convert to all 150s drivers but i likely dont need to buy any moar discs for the rest of my life

Latest posts