• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] 150 class RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love my 158 Pro Wraiths. Same flight as my 170 DX Wraith, but the 158 Pro just dances around the DX.

It's hard to explain, but the 158 is just so snappy and responsive. The best way I can describe it is the Pro feels like a Titanium Mountain Bike and the DX feels like an Aluminum Mountain Bike. If you've ever ridden both you kind of know what I'm talking about.

Today I have three 150 class Valkyries and two 150 class Leopards showing up. I can't wait to get home.

the 150 class stream line drifts are sweet. really straight for me both bh and fh. great in the woods.

Every once in a while I'll bust out some of my 150 class drivers and give them a toss. For a while at least the Innova factory store had a bunch of non blizzard 150 class x outs of the more classic molds...leopards, eagles, teebirds, firebirds, valks, sidewinders, etc. I ordered a box full in order to get the free shipping an x out discount and pretty much everything I received aside from the valks and firebirds were the old gummy patent numbered plastic.

From my experience everything non blizzard in lighter weights tends to mold up just like it does in heavier weights and retains most of it's stability. Yeah some OAT or wind will mess with them but that's to be expected. They're good training tools to help you get a smooth release and get your timing down. A buddy of mine just turned 50 and has a couple of 150 class discs he's throwing more and more, and throwing them well. Only thing that really stinks is most retailers don't stock a lot of light weight stuff, so if you want to feel it up in person beforehand there's not much opportunity.

Never got a chance to pic up one of the Japan Open 150 class gummy rancho's, Hero Disc had them for a long time for cheap and never pulled the trigger. Pretty sure the flippers now have bought them all up. The old 150 class s and p line pd's were magical, picked up a 150 class c line pd and it was from one of the more recent stiff runs...wasn't a fan. Most of the 150 class firebirds I've felt have been weirdly domey...I know there are FAF ones out there but not willing to pay what somebody probably think they're worth because they're FAF.

...Never got a chance to pic up one of the Japan Open 150 class gummy rancho's, Hero Disc had them for a long time for cheap and never pulled the trigger...
I bought one of those back in the day. Gummy yellow plastic and flies like you expect a premium plastic Roc to fly. Great HSS, decent glide, more fade than an average Roc. Highly recommended if you get the chance!

I've been having a blast with my son's 113g Polecat. There's something awesome about barely flicking your wrist and watching a disc sail. That thing almost magically floats in the air. Even used it during a round the other day when. Stuck in super tight in the woods with very little room to swing. Basically stand still straddle putted the thing 90'. And it took 15 seconds to go that far haha. It's a good time.

To recap: light discs are fun, and everyone could find a reason to bag a few!!!!

the 150 class stream line drifts are sweet. really straight for me both bh and fh. great in the woods.

Hey man tell me more about your Drift! How heavy? Do you throw Relays? I'm kinda curious about it for the touch of stability and honestly the rim that's not black! I've been eyeballing a sweet white one 158g I can find that in the bush + I haven't tried any Streamline yet.

Found a 161 champion orc years back, not quite 150 class but no name, wedged deep in some rocks, lost for a while... anyhow I threw it and loved it, the first light disc with a moderate stability it changed my game! Never looked back, got a 160g Millennium omega too in a give a prize take a prize deal... made me go light on putters too.. Just so easy to get it up to speed with no loss in distance (except downhill)

Ugh. After reading though this thread and thinking how well I like my Air Underworld off I go to infinite discs. I'm now over $100 poorer, but maybe disc golf richer? :D

One of my favorite discs was a 150 gram z Flick. That thing is so money. Really wish they still made them

a buddy of mine throws em, he got a 150 fireball and said it was similar.. Haha I don't really trust him he flicks big armspeed and medium form but also throws a lot of long thumbers/hammers Haha so I don't know which. I have heard really good stuff from other guys in relation about the 150 Motions.

Pretty much a shameless MVP plug. :D

Based on hear say.....

Surprisingly I still have my first disc. Got almost 20 years ago in an Innova starter pack. 150 class "long range driver" dx cheetah. There either is my retired 150g Flick. It is so faded yellow/green it looks like grass. You can lose it in a freshly cut lawn.

Attachments

• IMG_20200721_212825.jpg
    IMG_20200721_212825.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 29
150 class drivers, 160 class Mids and Putters. I like the drivers as close to 157 as I can get. Seems to be my sweet spot. Same for putters and mids - 167-168 is perfect.

Hey man tell me more about your Drift! How heavy? Do you throw Relays? I'm kinda curious about it for the touch of stability and honestly the rim that's not black! I've been eyeballing a sweet white one 158g I can find that in the bush + I haven't tried any Streamline yet.

Found a 161 champion orc years back, not quite 150 class but no name, wedged deep in some rocks, lost for a while... anyhow I threw it and loved it, the first light disc with a moderate stability it changed my game! Never looked back, got a 160g Millennium omega too in a give a prize take a prize deal... made me go light on putters too.. Just so easy to get it up to speed with no loss in distance (except downhill)

i have a 157 Neutron and 156 Proton. The N is a little more stable then the P. The drift has more high speed stability the the relay to me. I am a 300' thrower at best. For me the drift moves ever so slightly to the right then has a genital forward pushing fade at the end of the flight. very mid range light flight with the distance of a fairway. QLF in 150 class are amazing as well.

i have a 157 Neutron and 156 Proton. The N is a little more stable then the P. The drift has more high speed stability the the relay to me. I am a 300' thrower at best. For me the drift moves ever so slightly to the right then has a genital forward pushing fade at the end of the flight. very mid range light flight with the distance of a fairway. QLF in 150 class are amazing as well.

Gotta love that genital forward push, the fade not so much. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm coming back from a neck injury and working on a 150 class bag. Went to the local shop and picked up a new wizard, roc, and a couple diamonds. In the used bin I picked up a lucid air getaway, lucid air escape and a lucid breakout. Everything was around 155. Then I went online and got a star firebird and a dx rhyno. I also picked up a 165 jk aviar that I can use with my existing 165 breaker and aftershocks. Once I feel up to it I'm going to test the 150's putters and mids against the 160's putters and mids to see which wins out.

My question for you guys is how are you liking your 150 class breakouts, escapes and getaways? Seems like there might be some overlap especially when you throw the diamond in the mix, but during covid you have to take what you can get.

I'm dying to try them out, just waiting to be 100% healthy before I do.

Against my better judgement, wrapped up my ankle and went out with a 150g Champ EX and it was magical...might look into throwing more 150 class drivers.

Against my better judgement, wrapped up my ankle and went out with a 150g Champ EX and it was magical...might look into throwing more 150 class drivers.

Always nice when another person sees the "light" :D

Glad the 150 EX worked for you, and I hope your ankle continues to hold up, too.

Always nice when another person sees the "light" :D

Glad the 150 EX worked for you, and I hope your ankle continues to hold up, too.

It's a little sore...I probably should have given it another week honestly. I definitely can see myself migrating to more 150g drivers. Just so freaking effortless.

What are some other molds that hold up well in 150g from Innova?

Throwing over stable plastic in weights of 150g or less can be a great tool for players that max out around 275-325. You can get a longer hyzer style drive. Think what the pros do...but shorter. :D