• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 Aces 1 Round

Friend of mine had two aces in one round during the 98 Worlds.

Friend of mine had two aces in one round during the 98 Worlds.
Now if your ever gonna throw two Aces in a round, that's when you wanna do it! :thmbup:

So, he didn't get double on the Ace pool, huh? :p

Apparently he brushed across the front of the chains on a hole later during the same round. I could only imagine how jacked up you'd be after your second, a third would be downright crazy.

I have two aces in the same day and the closest I have ever come to, two aces in the same round was when I threw my first forehand ace 261 feet and on the next hole a 185footer I hit the top of the basket and it was dead straight. THought I had it. I have hit an Ace in the Southern California Championships and hit basket in one round.

I hit an Ace on Sunday morning, The very next day I hit basket about a inch low on the same hole. Almost had a frikkin heart attack. Third ace on this hole. About 225'

Today I aced #4 at Acorn Park in Roseville, MN which is like 130-150 ft with my putter. Then on #5 which is about 200 ft slightly uphill, I hit the side of the basket on my drive. Only having a few career aces it was a career moment for me.

What I wouldn't do to make disc golf my career...what's your benefits package look like? JK. Nice! We should play sometime! I play Acorn weekly.

Never got two but was very close - During this years Bluegrass Open I aced #12 at Banklick(Lincoln Ridge Park) during round 2 on Saturday. We walked up on #13 (330' blind shot that turns right behind some trees) and I threw my shot and as I was stepping back from the tee we hear the chains explode. A couple of guys that were finishing #11 saw the hit and said I hit dead center but it hung in the chains and flipped out when the chains snapped back. So close!

i was playing a round here when a father and his four year old son wanted to know about the sport. i spoke with them for a few minutes and then "drove" on the 145 ft. 15th hole and aced it with a big bead aviar. i said, "that rarely happens". i then threw my super-beat omega super-soft with a ton of hyzer and it flipped up and turned right into the chains.

"that never happens".

In march I hit #2 and #9 at veterans park here in Lexington. Was playing a round with my girlfriend the week before I left for our annual weekend trip to IDGC. It was a nice boost to take me into the weekend feeling confident. Ended up playing out of my mind down there, it was a very good week!

I got what are now 7 & 12 at Alex Clark in one round back when it was only a 10 hole course. (they were 3 & 6 at the time) That was back before I knew that aces were a big deal so as a result I don't know my total.

In a 2010 IceBowl held at Montiel Disc Golf Course in San Marcos, CA I hit two aces in one round (no mulligans) within 8 holes of each other and ended up winning a basket for it. This year at the same course while warming up for a doubles match, I aced hole #3, and then aced hole #5 right after (both on the first throw). And then at the Ace Race this year on this course I hit the first Ace out of 120+ players on my 5th throw. So, if your still looking for your first ace, come to this pitch and putt course! :hfive:

ACES

Forgot to mention. it was his 4th ace this year!!!!!!! I witnessed all of them!!!!!

Rock Searle had back-to-back aces during Worlds 2000 on holes 5 & 6 of the Hudson Mills Monster course.

I know Grignon and 9 and 18 are definitely cool aces. 9 because you cant see it and 18 because you can watch in the whole way.

I hit two in one day, playing on easter sunday with my daughter. It was just the red tees at Winter Park, but I hit #9F in the winter pin location amongst the trees with a sharp RHBH, and later hit 13H in the right side position with a RHFH.

my brother has aced 9 and ive come close, but i dont see how anybody could ever ace 18. its like a 50-60 foot elevation change with a 6-7 foot wide fairway with a hard LHBH doggleg at the top. ive never even 2'd 18 now that i think about it.

Hole 18 pic

From that pic, it says that the hole is only 185 foot ? How is that not doable in two ?