• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 New Icon Rivals available for Free Giveaway

lion

I'm feeling frisky.
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I have some new icon 1st run rivals to give away.

all you need to do is post what you like best about legacy and what you like least. I will do a random drawing based off what number post you are.

Please only post once
please be precise

If you want to buy any 1st run rivals or any other legacy discs just message me.

this drawing will run through Sunday the 21st at 11:59.59 pm pacific time

link to some rivals im selling : http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86955

I like that they make discs with the serious player in mind.
I don't like that they haven't given me a Legacy Buzzz yet.

What I like best: The practicality of the molds they've released. They're not tweener discs. They're not specialty or gimmicks. The rampage and cannon were strictly for distance. and so on.

What I like the least: The stiffness of plastic blends. When the pinnacle rampage was released I thought that would be on the stiffer end of the premium blends they'd have. But after the first run Rival I know that Premium can still equal super stiff. I'd like to see more flexible/transparent blends from them in the future comparable to the flexibility of opto or GL, no complaints about the grippiness though.

Last edited:
I like that they take the time to get each mold right. Every release seems to be a home run.

I don't like that I haven't really clicked with any of their molds yet.

Love the Plastics Grip !

Don't like that my cannons are more high speed stable than my Rampages .with less low speed fade ..
- My rampages will flip off a hyzer.. but always finish stable ..
-My cannons (same weight) wont Flip up ... But they don't finish as hard ..

I definitely like the feel of both the Pinnacle and Icon plastics. Awesome stuff and they complement each other real well.

I don't like that the releases seem to kind of trickle out without a firm release date. Makes them a little difficult to track down in the weights I like sometimes.

I love the look of Legacy stamps.

Not so fond that I cannot find it in a local shop but that's not really their fault

I like Legacy's style.
There is nothing not to like, their passion for the game is unmatched, and they treat their customers great!

I love the plastic (pinnacle and icon are both fantastic!)

I do not like that there are so many gaps or holes in the lineup (i.e. US mid, and very OS distance driver and fairway driver), though I expect these discs to come out in time.

Last edited:
I love their fairway drivers and plastic. They are great great great. Love rivals and patriots.

I hate that at every dg tourney in So Cal they give away rampages and cannons like they are going out of style. Noone wants to be paid off in speed 14 drivers.

I love the stamps. They have some of the freshes ones out there.
I don't like the fact that they don't sell them anywhere around her and I haven't gotten to try one.

I like the rival a lot in the pinnacle -- great durability, nice flat top, and nice quality feel to the plastic. That's the only disc I've tried, and it went straight into my bag. I also like that they're pretty small, so they seem to care about their customers and have a lot a concern with quality control and such. And I like to help support the smaller companies anyway.

For me personally, the really high-speed discs aren't really an option, so those are the least favorite, but I understand there's possibly a wraith-speed type of disc in the future, so I'll be sure to give that a try.

Pinnacle plastic is second to none for its category. Some of the lower grade plastics have been questionable, but the actual discs have been solid. Every disc released so far have been complementary to each other, making picking which one is best suited for a particular shot easy and without second guessing.

Downside, the lack of additional midranges along with the Ghost not currently available in Pinnacle. I understand they are working on these issues, but for the time being there is a big hole in those spots.

What i like best: The Rival , my go to fairway driver for anything straight and long. I also really like the local feel of Legacy since it's based in my area.

What i dont like: The only distance drivers are just a little too big , id love something in the 11-12 speed rim width

I like the plastic, flight, and direction of discs they're taking.

Not crazy about production stamps, seems the protos are typically cooler.

I like how the legacy cannon felt in my hand when someone showed me one... Nice looking, Grippy feeling plastic.

I do Not like how I have never thrown any legacy discs :(

Would love to win the giveaway and try one and share with friends who also have never thrown any legacy discs. :)

I love the reliability of the ghost, rival and patriot. All of those feel perfect in my hand, and I never doubt where they are going when I throw them. It feels like they took the best of discs from the past and improved upon them.
I wish they would go ahead and come up with an understable mid. I know the ghost isn't particularly overstable, but I can work it on those lines with a hyzer. On the other hand, that understable mid spot, is one that I really appreciate when playing in the woods.

I like their plastic and the stiffness of their disc. I really like that the Rico are good players and they represent the sport very well.

I don't like their stamp that much and think that advertising their drivers as speed 14 is a little "gimmicky".

I love the plastic..
I don't like that I don't have any first runs.
And I'd love to see some more grinder stamps!!!!