• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

$200 bucks to build disc collection - looking for advice

http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/factory-second.html

The more Innova Factory 2nds you buy the bigger the discount, up to 20% off and free shipping after $75. And they are already cheaper than non Factory 2nds. With $200 you could buy a few bags full of discs. They don't have to all be the same mold so mix and and duplicate as you like.

This is the best comment on the thread. Factory seconds are fine discs, and you'll be able to load up big time with $200 to spend.

I also recommend the Innova Factory Store. When my friends and I first started playing this is where tested out a lot of discs for good prices to see what kind of flights we liked in our discs. Right now GStar plastic is $10.00 and with a 20% discount that is $8.00 for a premium disc. But my suggestion would be to split an order. Spend $100 bucks then spend more later.

1. Augment putters. Two thinkings here: throw the same putter, maybe in different plastics, for all your driving, approach and putting needs. Or a lot of Pros would say to have putting putters be separate from your approach/driving putters. I prefer the later. Suggestions:

- Get at least one more Aviar for putt and approach, and to practice putting.
- Discmania P2, Dynamic Discs Judge/Warden or Axioms Proxy/Envy for drive/approach. If it is solely for driving, get the higher end/more stable plastic. e.g. I drive with a Fluid Warden currently (although I'm gonna play with the proxy).
- Zone for Forehand, best thing for short flicks IMO.

2. You might want a second Mid that is more stable. Buzzz is a great choice. Or you might get used to e.g. an Envy for this type of shot and skip Mids.

3. Speed 7-9. You might want a less stable Fairway/Control driver for hyzer flip, smooth turnover shots, tunnels, etc. Innova choice is Leopard, but I like the Legacy Patriot. Or for more speed, I like the DGA Pipeline.

4. Speed 10+. I'm a big fan of Innova Tern, or Discmania DDx at Speed 12. Less stable than your Destroyer. Tern has a great S shaped glidey flight, DDx does too, but less pronounced turn. At Speed 10, I like the Discmania PD. It would be similar to your Thurderbird, but I find them less overstable. Nice straight lines, holds the angle you put on it well.

What fun to have $200 to spend!

Last edited:
DX Aviar
DX Roc
DX Teebird

And a backpack bag that is way too big for 3 discs.

Factory store f2s -- pick a couple molds that you think suit you and get at least two of each (get 4-5 of whatever putter you like and at least 4 DX Rocs).

Or the used bin at a local shop -- already seasoned, and dirt cheap.

Or the used bin at a local shop -- already seasoned, and dirt cheap.

That's the theory. In practice, my local 'Play It Again Sports' seems to have hiked their used disc prices, and now it would literally be cheaper to buy a bunch of F2 DX stuff from the Innova Pro shop. And they're in great condition, AND you have some control over weight/color selection.

You also get points from the Factory store. $200 worth of points is $20. Make sure you sign up a account.

I'd recommend adding a few putters. Probably some Aviars (since that looks like what you're going with) in one of the lower plastics (DX or r-pro). It's nice to have several putters for warm ups, and while the DX and Star Aviars will drive differently, for actual putting they're going to be very similar.

I'd definitely get one back up of whatever your main go to driver is (or what you expect it to be). That's what you'll be most likely to lose in actual play mid round.

If you don't know what bag you want, then get a cheaper one. If you're in love with a particular nice bag, then spend the money. But don't drop big $ on a bag unless you know it's the one.

You get this deal annually?

Go for stuff you need now, but next year I'll cut you a hell of a deal on a bulk purchase out of my clubs fundraising stock.

Latest posts