• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ace Race disc speculation

I thought the disc is typically leaked by now. Whats up with it? Have the TDs not started receiving their packages yet?

Regardless of how early a TD places his order, Discraft does not ship it until just before the event (i.e. for a Saturday event, the TD will usually get the discs around Wednesday).

Discraft will generally anounce the disc around the same time the first shipment goes out. Last year, the first event was on August 1st. This year, the first event is not until August 6th, so I would guess that Discraft announces the disc around August 1st.

Regardless of how early a TD places his order, Discraft does not ship it until just before the event (i.e. for a Saturday event, the TD will usually get the discs around Wednesday).

Discraft will generally anounce the disc around the same time the first shipment goes out. Last year, the first event was on August 1st. This year, the first event is not until August 6th, so I would guess that Discraft announces the disc around August 1st.

Last time I checked the calendar, the Wilmington, NC event will literally be the first in the country to start. 9am on August 6th. I'll put in an order next week for all the players registered so far.
Last year, I ordered 3 times, about two weeks apart. All three orders came in between Tuesday and Thursday in the week before the event.

sweet. weve got a 165' hole up at the course and i run it everytime. Chains 5 times basket 7 and 0 aces :thmbup:

lol, the only difference is, you run it with your discs. Half the fun is getting handed a new prototype and spending the first round trying to feel it out. And the other half is watching really serious players swearing and throwing the disc straight into trees out of frustration.

lol, the only difference is, you run it with your discs. Half the fun is getting handed a new prototype and spending the first round trying to feel it out. And the other half is watching really serious players swearing and throwing the disc straight into trees out of frustration.

This, especially the latter half.

I will be running my first Discraft Ace Race Event in September. I am really hoping for a slower speed driver from Discraft, but the fact that I can bring this awesome event to such a small town (Alpena, MI) is too cool.

yeahm i haven't been able to participate in events, but I know enough about em'. As someone said before. Focus (putter) 09' Hornet (mid) 10' so my guess is Driver 11'

but of course that really doesn't matter. They could very well go putter again, or fairway driver. or whatever.
I actually hope its a putter or mid, we all have too many drivers

I don't think they'll go driver unless it's a slow fairway driver. I think the point of the Aces Races is to bring noobs and experienced players together on a more level playing field. Let's fave the nuke whatever two letter isn't going to do that.

but this was all said in the original thread on this topic. :p;)

I think its gonna be a BuzzzOS! Think about it! Nuke, NukeSS, and NukeOS. Buzzz, BuzzzSS, so a BuzzzOS makes sence!

yeahm i haven't been able to participate in events, but I know enough about em'. As someone said before. Focus (putter) 09' Hornet (mid) 10' so my guess is Driver 11'

but of course that really doesn't matter. They could very well go putter again, or fairway driver. or whatever.
I actually hope its a putter or mid, we all have too many drivers

I very much doubt that it will ever be a driver. The Ace Race is all about shorter holes. A driver just doesn't fit into that.

I think its gonna be a BuzzzOS! Think about it! Nuke, NukeSS, and NukeOS. Buzzz, BuzzzSS, so a BuzzzOS makes sence!

Don't get your hopes up. First of all it will be an unnamed prototype. Secondly it will be something completely different than what we have already seen. That doesn't rule out an overstable mid though. Although the Hornet from last year already fills that spot. So I really doubt it. Also, they can easily just make a Buzzz OS at any time they want without it having anything to do with the Ace Race.