• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 PDGA Pro World Disc Golf Championships: Monterey Bay, California

i have to chime in here. i thought the FREE coverage they provided was awesome. yeah, some things could've been better, but it's way better than not having anything. no complaints from me and my room mates in south dakota, we drank some good beer and watched live disc golf this whole week, totally awesome. fuuuuuck i love this sport

if fun is putting down people trying really hard to better disc golf exposure and broadcasting yes you are an idiot!

There just are not enough people out there with good attitudes and positive thinking all they want to do is bring up the negative because it makes them feel better about themselves or something.

i think we r talking about 2 dif chat rooms... all good!

Last edited:
I think as the week went on, coverage did improve. The facebook page "2011 PDGA Pro Disc Golf World Championships" stepped up and gave us results that did NOT involve logging on to pdga.com. They listened to some of our grumbling and took action. And thanks again to Dynamic Discs for providing live scoring when many couldn't access the official site. I was lucky enough to catch the finals this afternoon, and discgolfplanet.tv streamed pretty well for me.

some peepZ donated $$ and had terrible service.

Which is exactly why everything gets off the ground and running so smooth right? I hate hearing things like this. A lot of our local guys wouldn't join the club to help get our course finished until they got something out of it (guess the first 18 pins and 9 tee pads weren't enough). It takes a lot of work, time and yes MONEY to get things like this up and running smooth. How much were you able to watch last year?????? I had to drive 3 hrs to watch any myself. I was happy to see what I could this year! I wish others had a more positive outlook. This sport could really grow and I would like to see that, but with such a poor attituded community backing it, it will never take off. So tired of people wanting so much for nothing! just my .02

Seeing the live ace the other day was fantastic as were many other shots.

How about the cannon on Will too! That drive on 1 was a monster! :thmbup:

That ace was sick and worth it alone to have watched all the coverage i did. First ace I've witnessed live (digitally or in person).

Hopefully I'll see him in a local dubs event soon and be like YO I SAW THAT SHI- LIVE MANNNN

some peepZ donated $$ and had terrible service.

Keep in mind you made a "donation" you didn't necessarily pay for a service. I donated to support the programming and anything I got out of it was a bonus. Look at it like that and you will not be disappointed, and that is how I approach this type of donation setup.

I actually was out playing today and didn't have a ton of interest?!

Can someone post up the final results as I can't get them at work?

Super pumped Doss won it! He is a class act and represents the sport well. Hope the Worlds DVD is done well this year.

I enjoyed the live feed and the only real negative was with the timing. Scheduling is not always easy and I understand that though. I enjoyed watching and chatting. Pictures were clear and commentary wasn't annoying. What else can you really ask for at this point?

I had great service today! and like i said b4, i REALLY appreciated it!! But, the peepZ that donated $$ and were promised semis and finals, i could see them being a little upset... Again, THANKS to ALL that made this worlds happen!

CHARLOTTE 2012!!

open men
1st doss
T2 will/anton
4th nikko
'
open women
1st paige
2nd Val
3rd LiZ
4th sarah s.

masters
1st baldwin
2nd phil A
3rd jay reading

The coverage is fine for the budget and volunteer hours
DGPL is working with. It will get there.

What is no ok is the PDGA website. The cash is available
for them to make a better website. Please make this a priority
in 2012. Pretty please.

PDGA dues will go up up up. Where else is the money gonna come from?

I'm fairly certain that this boondoggle is going to bump the website up the priority list at the PDGA.

Everyone on Dialup or something, I don't have the same problems with the PDGA website everyone else does?

I'm fairly certain that this boondoggle is going to bump the website up the priority list at the PDGA.

You would hope so. Their website has been horribly slow for sometime and that they had to antipcate there would be issues. They needed to take care of this prior to the worlds not after.

Latest posts