• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Rules Change! NO WEDGIES!

Good or bad?

• YAY

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • BOO

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters
i have seen a cyclone wedge in a mach 3- there are roughly a billion discs out there that are smaller diameter than a cyclone...

If you ask me, the problem could also be in the discs. It seems that softer and softer putters are coming on the market all the time. IMHO it's because of the fact that wedgies didcount. If you look at the pics of the discs that wedge, almost 100% are putters.

Now that wedgies don't count, I can see the number of "super stupid silly willy nilly softer than a babies butt" putters to stop being made.

I don't think that has anything to do with why people like soft putters. I personally like soft putters just for the grip and feel while putting, others feel that they grab the chains better. Soft putters have been around a while and aren't going anywhere regardless of the wedgie situation.

I throw a BlowFly and have had many, many wedgies. I have counted all of them as holed out.

There is another point in this rule that should be considered that has happened to me. I have thrown a disc (legally) into the basket that wedged back through the hole on the side of the bottom basket and landed on the ground. I counted this as a missed putt since it was not supported by chains or basket when it came to rest.
If a disc that enters the basket though the openings on the bottom portion of the basket will now be disallowed, it should maintain a consistency and NOT disallow a made putt that exits the basket through the same opening.
What are your thoughts on made putts exiting the basket from these openings?

I throw a BlowFly and have had many, many wedgies. I have counted all of them as holed out.

There is another point in this rule that should be considered that has happened to me. I have thrown a disc (legally) into the basket that wedged back through the hole on the side of the bottom basket and landed on the ground. I counted this as a missed putt since it was not supported by chains or basket when it came to rest.
If a disc that enters the basket though the openings on the bottom portion of the basket will now be disallowed, it should maintain a consistency and NOT disallow a made putt that exits the basket through the same opening.
What are your thoughts on made putts exiting the basket from these openings?

Really interesting point. If the rules committee is trying to treat the cage as a solid object by not accepting putts that some in through the side, it does stand to reason that a putt that enters the basket correctly then finds a way out that isn't actually the basket opening should still be a made putt.

How hard are you throwing it for your putts?

I've seen my son nail 2 putts in a round this way. Both were big steep uphill putts that wedged into the basket. I really didn't see this as a big enough issue for a rule change though. What if spectators watch it go in through the side or the top but the group doesn't, does this still count?

Latest posts