• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

I liked the Zep for the ace race but not for putting. I tried it for awhile after the ace race and it just didn't work out.

yeah i'm not sure why everybody was bitching/continues to bitch about the zeppelin... it was a great ace race disc and not a bad disc in itself. i'd like to see an understable mid.

I wouldn't call it bitching. At least not on my part. I used the phrase "lukewarm" reception. At the time of the Ace Race tourneys, I do not remember hearing a lot of "wow" from the users. I remember hearing people could barely get it out to 200' and its flight path was nothing to get excited about. Not exactly the type of disc players would get to a tee with and be excited to try and run at the chains.

Discraft (I doubt) would release a lid, because there's no "prototyping" involved. It's a lid. Discraft can release one any time of the year and people will know what they're getting. This is going to be a question mark disc for them.

I liked the Zep for the ace race but not for putting. I tried it for awhile after the ace race and it just didn't work out.

I can't putt with it well at all, but that's mostly because I'm so used to putting with a much smaller more overstable putter with less glide. It didn't kick my wizards out of the bag, but I use it quite a bit for shorter right turning shots especially ones that need to go straight with a really late turn.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that THIS is the year when Discraft starts making Innova nervous. I'm guessing that the Ace Race disc is going to be a Fairway Driver, somewhere in the 8/6/0/3 to 7/6/0/2 range. I'm also guessing that they're going to try the semi-controversial "+ rim" that seems to be giving Latitude 64 it's awesome glide, and it'll end up with a very "Euro-Flavor" name...something in the 4 to 6 letter range..."Truth" or maybe..."Hope", which would be more fitting, I suppose. ;)

I think the Zepp was a pretty good disc for the Ace Race event. But judging from the quantity and price of them in the DGCR Marketplace, I would say the demand is pretty low. Discraft has yet to do a production run, and you can still find them pretty easy and cheaper than what retail would be.

The ESP Zep found a spot in my bag, but it really has been a utility disc. It gets too funky in the wind for me to use it all the time, though I can see that it would have been a perfect Ace Race disc. It's a great disc to give beginners who are used to throwing lids, as kind of a transition disc.

I would LOVE an understable Stalker for an ace race disc. This will be the first one I've played in, so I'm really just hoping for something I can throw.

I posted something but it was very dumb so...

Last edited:

Know the feeling, fun for the Ace Race but it just hasn't found a place in my bag either. Basically the same story with the others in my group as well. I do think it would make a good beginner or transition disc though.

Latest posts