• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Discraft Ace Race

Haha...people need to quit using the word "fail" and "owned" but I hear ya. I think they tried to hype their Ti line.

It's been tough to sell the players packs this year without knowing what the disc is and based on last years players packs. I'm a big fan of Discraft but unfortunately (or fortunately) I live near Charlotte and this is Innova country. Charlotte doesn't even have an Ace Race...

This year??? This will be my fifth year to TD and I have noticed in years past that they wait until the first event has shipped before announcing the disc. Sounds like this year they are announcing it a little earlier than usual.

Meh...

The 2013 Ace Race player pack includes:

Two copies of the 2013 Ace Race prototype disc: It's a beginner-friendly distance driver... and it's in premium Titanium plastic!

On Titanium mini Magnet: you've never seen one before, since they've never been made before!

Two reusable scorecards/bag tags: some else you've never seen before! We commissioned these reusable scorecards just for 2013 Ace Racers. With a pencil and a clean eraser, you can use your new scorecards for round after round. The first one is credit card sized... keep it in your wallet and you'll always have a scorecard ready to go. It also makes a cool bag tag!

The 2nd reusable scorecard is larger for easier use and up to six rounds of 18 before it needs erasing. The flipside has the complete 2013 Discraft flight chart for easy reference anytime. Stash it in your back pocket, in your bag, or use the punch hole to hang it wherever you like.

We're also including a pencil with eraser with your Ace Race player package, so you can start using these cards right away.

Two high impact plastic pint glasses: very cool!

One beverage koozie: silver on black, jack.

One tri-panel Discraft sticker: three stickers in one.

998406_10151553124742253_2120567362_n.jpg

Anybody whining about the players pack just shouldn't play. The discs alone are worth the entry fee.

the glasses are so much better than the water bottle!!!!

bummer that is drivers tho.....

Great players pack. But why a driver for the Ace Race? Great idea Discraft! So the baskets will be put out to 300ft. Sweet, zero aces this year. WTF!!!! I wish I would have played in the Ace Race tournaments when the discs were a putter or midrange.

a "beginner friendly, distance driver". This will help me sell this event to our area, as our community is new to the disc golf world!

Great players pack. But why a driver for the Ace Race? Great idea Discraft! So the baskets will be put out to 300ft. Sweet, zero aces this year. WTF!!!! I wish I would have played in the Ace Race tournaments when the discs were a putter or midrange.

I will still be setting my course up for 100' to 150' holes to maximize the number of aces, or metal hits. There is nothing more disheartening than going to an ace race and not seeing anybody hit metal. On the flip side, I am hoping for lots of chains and metal hits to keep the crowd pumped up, and having fun!

Discraft needs to step it up this year and a top notch players pack would benefit both tournament and recreational players.

Make the announcement already...

The player's pack has come a long way from the disc, hat, sticker, mini of my first Ace Race.

Never seen reusable scorecards? Nice ripoff big D... we've had those for years in the northeast via crafty scientist. :doh:

There will be another one next year.

I know my local event last year had barely lengthened distances from the putter and mid years despite the Zombee. The holes don't have to be 300'.

Why do you have to put it out at 300'? Where is that law written? Just throw the friggin discs with finesse. It'll work just fine. Pretend it's a buzz and I bet it will still be a lot of fun.

Why do you have to put it out at 300'? Where is that law written?

this is DGCR where people feel the need to take everything to the extreme to prove their point.....