• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 BHMO

Well they finally updated the third round.

Everyone took a dump on 13. Is the hole that tough, or is it the weather?

As someone said earlier it's tight dogleg right that basically forces a placement shot from the tee, unless you're Simon Lizotte who can throw a flex shot that goes above the trees, but I'm pretty sure he ended up in the woods anyway in the first round when he tried that. He also put his drive on 18 (27 on the scorecard because they did the lettered holes between 14 and 15) onto the island to the left of the pin with a skip off of the road. That's about 540' and steadily uphill.

But congrats to McBeast on the win. He absolutely killed the temp West Side course in the second round and uncorked some crowd pleasing bombs in the final 9.

Maybe you should drive over and volunteer some of your time if you're unhappy with the scoring updates. I don't know if you noticed the many posts where people mentioned downpour conditions, but if I'm working at that tournament I'm certainly not going to risk ruining a laptop so that a couple hundred people can have live updates.

Maybe you should drive over and volunteer some of your time if you're unhappy with the scoring updates. I don't know if you noticed the many posts where people mentioned downpour conditions, but if I'm working at that tournament I'm certainly not going to risk ruining a laptop so that a couple hundred people can have live updates.

I do think they are updating the live score from phones. But your general point stands. :)

On another note:
If McBeth keeps going like this until the deadline for the next ratings update, my calculations say that he will break the 1050 mark in the next update.

Worst conditions I have ever played in.....wow! About two hours straight of torrential downpours. Thanks to all the spotters and volunteers for sticking it out. I am mentally and physically exhausted, :)

This for sure. The Sunday morning round was absolutely miserable. We got to hole 7 on the west course, the straight uphill one, during the heaviest downpour and the entire hole was a slip-n-slide.

Am scores still aren't up :(

Actually I have Co-TD a tournament. A ran 3 PDGA leagues, two of which were over 100 people. AND I have volunteered hours cleaning, prepping parks and spotting during rounds. Your reply is exactly what I received 2 years ago when I contacted the TD about late postings from the 2012 BHMO. same story; two years later.

This for sure. The Sunday morning round was absolutely miserable. We got to hole 7 on the west course, the straight uphill one, during the heaviest downpour and the entire hole was a slip-n-slide.

Am scores still aren't up :(

By the time we got there (our 2nd to last hole), there was a 20 minute wait (three groups), and we were jokingly discussing the option of taking the four stroke penalty (carding 7's) for skipping the hole. My second shot was with one foot braced on a root, my left hand clinging on to that rope like a mountain climber, my bag still on my back, and I still almost did a face plant trying to get my disc 50' further to the top. If it's gonna be wet at all in a tourney, they need to consider not playing that thing.

As info NT's are required to post scores after EACH round per PDGA guidelines. Get in a car, open the laptop, and post scores as required.

I was just looking over the scores on PDGA and I have a randomish question involving PDGA numbers. I noticed Simon Lizotte has a 4-digit number, something in the 8300's I believe. Has he been playing for ages and I just don't know jack about disc golf?

Also, Ragna Bygde...I guess I just assumed she was a young gun in the game...her PDGA number is also in the 8000's. Does this mean they have been playing tourneys longer than Doss, Feldberg, Brinster and the like..? :confused:

I was just looking over the scores on PDGA and I have a randomish question involving PDGA numbers. I noticed Simon Lizotte has a 4-digit number, something in the 8300's I believe. Has he been playing for ages and I just don't know jack about disc golf?

Also, Ragna Bygde...I guess I just assumed she was a young gun in the game...her PDGA number is also in the 8000's. Does this mean they have been playing tourneys longer than Doss, Feldberg, Brinster and the like..? :confused:

There are blocks of PDGA numbers that were reserved for international players. Pretty sure one such block is the 8000s. Thus players like Simon and Ragna have low numbers but have not been members for 15-20+ years like you might guess based on those low numbers.

There are blocks of PDGA numbers that were reserved for international players. Pretty sure one such block is the 8000s. Thus players like Simon and Ragna have low numbers but have not been members for 15-20+ years like you might guess based on those low numbers.

That makes way more sense! Lol Thanks for the clarification. :thmbup:

8000-8999 was reserved primarily for international members with the last numbers available used this spring. There are maybe 20 US members with numbers in the 8000s. Ragna joined with her Dad, Peter, at the same time in 2007 and have consecutive numbers in the 8000s.

8000-8999 was reserved primarily for international members with the last numbers available used this spring. There are maybe 20 US members with numbers in the 8000s. Ragna joined with her Dad, Peter, at the same time in 2007 and have consecutive numbers in the 8000s.

Ask and ye shall receive! Thanks for the knowledge Cgk. :hfive:

I also noticed Will Shoestrings and some of his relatives signed up consecutively.

Actually I have Co-TD a tournament. A ran 3 PDGA leagues, two of which were over 100 people. AND I have volunteered hours cleaning, prepping parks and spotting during rounds. Your reply is exactly what I received 2 years ago when I contacted the TD about late postings from the 2012 BHMO. same story; two years later.

You want a cookie? IF you really have done the things you claim you should be a little more understanding that sometimes things come up, and taking care of the players and live fans comes first. You sound like a whiney, entitled millennial as opposed to someone who has helped run (not run one himself, but helped) a tournament. Get over it.

don't be so defensive- just because they were slow getting scores up doesn't mean it was not a great event. however, posting scores in a given time frame is one of the things you commit to do when you sign the sanctioning agreement so people have a right to expect it.

Third round scores still aren't up for the AM side but I probably don't care to see my rating for that round anyway :gross:

I haven't played many tournaments but somehow I've been involved in rain three rounds already. Yesterday was a whole new beast though as it was a driving rain for hours. Still had a blast and the courses were awesome along with the TD's and staff/spotters. I will be back to play the BHMO next year again hopefully.

Local news said Saturday was the one of, if not the hottest day of the year. Yesterday's rain was the most intense rain that I've ever spent 4 hours walking around in. Overall, I had a lot of fun this weekend but I'm still trying to dry out.

Top 2 highlights of the Final 9.

McBeth's drive from 7 long to 8's basket. It went down across the road and landed about 50 feet in front of 8 short teepad. The other 3 sprayed their drives in various directions but McBeast's flew like he told it where to go and it listened.

Tyler Horne's standstill 350' (approx) FH throw from the rough near 8's tee to land near 4's basket for an easy putt.

There were plenty of other amazing shots but those are two that I'll remember for a long time.

You want a cookie? IF you really have done the things you claim you should be a little more understanding that sometimes things come up, and taking care of the players and live fans comes first. You sound like a whiney, entitled millennial as opposed to someone who has helped run (not run one himself, but helped) a tournament. Get over it.

He has and he's neither whiney or entitled. Rob is a good dude and doesn't need me sticking up for him but I will anyway. He's got a lot of respect from players in the area and he's got an opinion on updates for this tournament that don't match yours. Get over it.