• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Texas State Championships NT

So, do I get this right: Prodigy makes a big deal out of falsely claiming all their players are all-Prodigy now and the one who points out they're lying is the bag guy?

You Do realize not everyone can be a Michael Johansen or even Holly Finley right? Your ridiculous not everyone can be absolutley approachable.

Who said you have to be social and approachable to act professional?

Being more interested in taking pictures or packing your things to leave while others are still receiving recognition is rude to say the least.

The man is a competitor. And it shows, he is very determined to win. But there is no longer a doubt in my mind he is a bitter loser. Most professionals are honestly, but what separates them is the way they show disappointment after a loss.

Also, players who don't feel comfortable being approached for autographs shouldn't feel comfortable belittling other players via Facebook. I take that back, no one should be belittling others publicly. Despite your reasons/personal demeanor. Keep that childish crap behind closed doors.

I believe a case can be made it's a 2-throw penalty for not having your disc marked with the original manufacturer's model indication. That includes discs that are tie-dyed. It can easily be fixed just by replacing the original marks, sometimes in the field. But are players leaving the Innova 2-letter ink mark ID on the bottom?

Per 801.02A Discs used in play must meet all of the conditions set forth in the PDGA Technical Standards.

Per Tech Standards section I.(B) As of July 1, 2010, all newly-approved discs must carry the approved model name either engraved in the mold or as part of the disc art, permanent sticker label or by indelible ink marking. The full model name is recommended, but the use of unique abbreviations or codes is acceptable. Such codes must either be identified with the submission for approval, or supplied to the Technical Standards Committee for variants produced after the original approval.

Per 801.02 D A disc that is questioned by another player or an official is illegal unless it is subsequently approved by the Director. AND E. A player who throws an illegal disc during play shall receive two penalty throws, without a warning. A player who repeatedly throws an illegal disc during the round may be subject to disqualification in accordance with Section 3.3 of the PDGA Competition Manual.

Seriously with this comment?!? Is this guy a robot? All his posts seem pretty monotone and extemely serious, it's disc golf not your dissertation..

Who said you have to be social and approachable to act professional?

Being more interested in taking pictures or packing your things to leave while others are still receiving recognition is rude to say the least.

The man is a competitor. And it shows, he is very determined to win. But there is no longer a doubt in my mind he is a bitter loser. Most professionals are honestly, but what separates them is the way they show disappointment after a loss.

Also, players who don't feel comfortable being approached for autographs shouldn't feel comfortable belittling other players via Facebook. I take that back, no one should be belittling others publicly. Despite your reasons/personal demeanor. Keep that childish crap behind closed doors.

So, congratulating Rick, and mentioning that he was using an Aviar is belittling?

Seriously with this comment?!? Is this guy a robot? All his posts seem pretty monotone and extemely serious, it's disc golf not your dissertation..

He works for the PDGA. It's his job. Some people take their job seriously. Imagine that.

So, do I get this right: Prodigy makes a big deal out of falsely claiming all their players are all-Prodigy now and the one who points out they're lying is the bag guy?

I have no issue with him pointing it out. The way you go about addressing the issue is how you come off as a good/bad guy.

And to be honest, I don't have much of an issue with Paul's OP. Yes, he indirectly called him out, possibly because he doesn't want confrontation. Which is fine. But the comments about Ricky carrying team prodigy on his back, and suggesting other prodigy team members chose C-tiers for negative reasons should have been kept to himself.

It's simply very unprofessional to do, and considering he is the #1 rated pro for good reason, he should learn how to voice his concerns professionally. And it's not just him either, other pros should learn when to stay quiet as well. There is already a pissing contest between prodigy/innova. No need to piss fuel

I've never pissed fuel, I'm guessing that's not pleasant. Even though I could be a human flame thrower.

He works for the PDGA. It's his job. Some people take their job seriously. Imagine that.

Im imagining it now, seems quite painful and unbecoming. Taking this amazing game and turning it into, "let me penalize you for using a disc that isnt marked with facotry ink etc..."

Im imagining it now, seems quite painful and unbecoming. Taking this amazing game and turning it into, "let me penalize you for using a disc that isnt marked with facotry ink etc..."

Well, he didn't penalize anyone, just pointing out that a case could potentially be made to penalize someone in that situation. He is our resident rules expert. Personally, I think having him around these boards to point these kinds of things out is very valuable. It encourages discussion, which in-turn encourages change.

This isn't 'Nam. There are rules.

But brah, rules are such a buzzkill. Why can't we all just go out and chuck frisbees all day brah. Rules are like the man, man.

:|

What movie!!!??? I must watch this!

Big Tits Zombie(s), 2010 with Sola Aoi

Bored strippers explore the basement of run-down countryside spa, find Necronomicon; obviously, Ms Goth Stripper knows Latin, starts to read it out loud, unleashes global zombie apocalypse, other strippers grab chainsaw/katana, fight for survival.

You better love goofy trash if you plan on watching it. Oh, and stay away from the partially-3D release unless you like eye cancer.

Btw, the human flamethrower is the result of zombie sushi with wasabi on crotch action...

Last edited:
Big Tits Zombie(s), 2010 with Sola Aoi

Bored strippers explore the basement of run-down countryside spa, find Necronomicon; obviously, Ms Goth Stripper knows Latin, starts to read it out loud, unleashes global zombie apocalypse, other strippers grab chainsaw/katana, fight for survival.

You better love goofy trash if you plan on watching it. Oh, and stay away from the partially-3D release unless you like eye cancer.

That sounds amazing!!! Netflix?

I get that people like to get away with things. I regularly travel over the speed limit. Don't you get more satisfaction if you discover you really are getting away with something, or pointing fingers when you discover someone else is really getting away with something? Glad to be of service. ;)