• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Terry,
Personally, I LOVE commentating that is knowledgeable and adds to what I can already see.
Your comments filled that need very well.
Tell me stuff I need to know. Enhance the video with things that you can see and hear that I might miss (What did he/she throw, is there a swale or bump that I don't see, what did he say between throws, etc).
I like no-commentator videos fine (thanks to you as well, Marty), but your comments were almost always on-point and added to the knowledge and enjoyment.
For myself, I have watched your Memorial vids several times. Keep up the good work, Terry!!!!

I like commentary until it gets repetitive. I know it's very hard for you to not repeat yourself with so much time to fill, so it's not a big complaint. The pros that do it well have 5-6+ people with different views and insights

2014 Las Vegas Gentlemen's Club Challenge, MPO Final 18

I may have missed it, but searched and searched and couldn't find it. I can't believe that this one hasn't been posted yet. Not McFlySoHigh's best work, but still definitely worth a watch. I think that the high sky and openness of the course may have limited the video quality. (He actually said so himself.) No spoilers here. This was just a very interesting round of golf... both good and bad! Enjoy.

I may have missed it, but searched and searched and couldn't find it. I can't believe that this one hasn't been posted yet. Not McFlySoHigh's best work, but still definitely worth a watch. I think that the high sky and openness of the course may have limited the video quality. (He actually said so himself.) No spoilers here. This was just a very interesting round of golf... both good and bad! Enjoy.

Yeah, it's already been posted

Terry,
Personally, I LOVE commentating that is knowledgeable and adds to what I can already see.
Your comments filled that need very well.
Tell me stuff I need to know. Enhance the video with things that you can see and hear that I might miss (What did he/she throw, is there a swale or bump that I don't see, what did he say between throws, etc).
I like no-commentator videos fine (thanks to you as well, Marty), but your comments were almost always on-point and added to the knowledge and enjoyment.
For myself, I have watched your Memorial vids several times. Keep up the good work, Terry!!!!

Agreed. I second that it would REALLY be nice to know what disc is being used as often as possible. Even if it was just a little icon on the bottom while they are throwing so you didnt have to say Mcpro aviar 70 times.

Bigger and better

Answering the 'do we plan to charge' question?:

No - we will not charge a subscription price to view the footage. People will have ways to donate or to make purchases which will enhance our assets, hardware, and overall quality but there is no plan to charge for people to view the events.

What editing program are you in? That lav is mono channel, but what I do is duplicate the audio and (in Premiere Pro) drop the swap channel effect, or you can just manually pan to 100L on the duplicated track to even it out. Of course you'll have twice the output so check the db levels but...yeah that's what I have to do.

To prove just how much of a 'self-taught amateur editor' I am -most of your suggestion is above my head. I currently edit in Adobe Elements Premiere but I'm actually thinking researching other programs. Not sure if it's time to do that or just move to Elements 12. Better yet, I hope to figure out how to not record it in mono so I don't have this issue to begin with.

I have the Canon XA-10 and with my Memorial testing I used a wireless lav which had a 1/8th jack which I converted to channel 1 of the XLR inputs. I think I just had a setting wrong inside the camera.

Answering the 'do we plan to charge' question?:

No - we will not charge a subscription price to view the footage. People will have ways to donate or to make purchases which will enhance our assets, hardware, and overall quality but there is no plan to charge for people to view the events.

Like some "Disc Golf Guy" custom stamped Legend Plastic Patriots? I'd buy a STACK...though not just to support you, of course LOL.

There is definitely a setting in the camera that will allow you to fill both channels from one XLR input. Downside is you lose a channel that will allow you to capture 'environmental' audio in addition to the microphone commentary.

Just need to remember to split and fill the channels in post.

I'm interested in what kind of hardware you plan on using and how you plan on going about securing enough dedicated upload bandwidth at some of these courses.

Wow... I just didn't realize how big that this thread has gotten. I'm going to have to start from the beginning again because I'm sure that there are some quality vids that I've missed... just like this one.

At least I don't feel bad about not finding it since there were no references to the video title in the text. :)

RANDOM VIDEO DROP!

Random footage of 2014 Memorial

Random footage of 2013 Berlin Open

Final 9s of 2012 & 2013 Hawk Hollow Open

Final Round 2014 Memorial - 3rd Card
from DGWeekly

Barsby, Leiviska, Lizotte, Becker

Round 3 of 2014 Memorial - 5th Card
by DGWeekly

Uli, Barsby, Jenkins, H. Johansen

^^^^
Ricky and Nikko made it look easy. To play gold to gold(long tee to long basket) you need 400 foot power with accuracy to score well.

Latest posts