• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

Who in the open flight comes up short of the sidewalk? Dont think that changed the scores any. With no stroke and distance it is a 4, most top level pros make that green easy and if they go OB the worst they get is a 5 with a chance to still make 4.

It was a par 5 throughout the "one division, one champion" phase of the event when there were plenty of players in the event who were not at all Open caliber. Those players were more likely to struggle to reach that sidewalk, and probably dumped down the hill further left to ensure they got in bounds, leaving themselves far too short on the fairway to realistically make the green in three. It was probably those folks that drove the average on the hole up enough to warrant calling it a par 5. So in that sense, the design of the hole warranted calling it par 5. If those players played this hole, there'd be no need to dump short and left anymore and might increase their chances of reaching the green in three for a reasonable chance at a 4.

With the splitting of the tournament into two flights, the Open flight got a lot more elite and the number of players who struggle to make that sidewalk probably shrunk to zero. That's likely why they did away with it in the design...it wasn't affecting scoring at all. So by paring the dead weight from the field, the average dropped and so did the par.

That was awesome!

It might be the most awesome thing that's ever happened on this board, and it died out after only a page or two. This thread should have about 400 pages in it right now. I'm very disappointed.

It might be the most awesome thing that's ever happened on this board, and it died out after only a page or two. This thread should have about 400 pages in it right now. I'm very disappointed.

Why not have The Disc Golf Guy film one of his skins match videos once the ropes are up between McBeast, Mike C and whoever else? That would be awesome, but DGCR would blow up.

Why not have The Disc Golf Guy film one of his skins match videos once the ropes are up between McBeast, Mike C and whoever else? That would be awesome, but DGCR would blow up.

Hey, I will be playing in the Monday Qualifying this year. If Mike will be playing the Monday Qualifying, I bet a dollar he can beat me straight up. It has to be on his first round of the day and he has to play all 18 holes following official USDGC ground rules. I bet Paul will beat me too!

Anyone want to bet on me against Mike C? Anyone wanna give me strokes? I throw all INNOVA.

Hey, I will be playing in the Monday Qualifying this year. If Mike will be playing the Monday Qualifying, I bet a dollar he can beat me straight up. It has to be on his first round of the day and he has to play all 18 holes following official USDGC ground rules. I bet Paul will beat me too!

Anyone want to bet on me against Mike C? Anyone wanna give me strokes? I throw all INNOVA.

I'll be playing on Monday if you want an observer / official for your round but not trying to qualify for the open field. My best score last year was in the high 70's. Will you give me strokes? :).

What do you think will be the highest round score that makes it into the field? Last year it was 65 (I think)

I'll be playing on Monday if you want an observer / official for your round but not trying to qualify for the open field. My best score last year was in the high 70's. Will you give me strokes? :).

It is my understanding the course is closed and you cannot play on Monday unless you pay the Monday Qualifying Donation to EDGE.

I already have a foursome. My best score ever at Rock Hill was an 85 in 2012.

Idk who that guys is but why did he play so many shots from OB and skip hole four and 888?

You've never heard of him? That's crazy because he's won the USDGC just as many times as the best player in the world...

I'd like to see Joe Rovere take a top 5 spot. That dude kills it considering he doesn't really tour. I'm pulling for Rico, Wysocki or Lizotte to take #1.

P.S. Please get off Mike C's johnson. You act like an adolescent girl with a crush and it makes me vomit just a little bit when i read your posts. (If you are offended by this, I'm talking to YOU.)

You've never heard of him? That's crazy because he's won the USDGC just as many times as the best player in the world...

Might have missed him in the ratings list. There is a few pages between 1049 and 909.

Might have missed him in the ratings list. There is a few pages between 1049 and 909.

looking at Paul's early ratings when he first started out, 917 seems to be where he hovered at for the first couple tournaments there before he jumped up. Everybody has to start somewhere...

Last year's tee was down lower, not too far from the water, and not up high by the road. The hole was listed in the caddy book at 1005' if I remember correctly, compared to around 1050' as in years past. It really didn't play too much different, although when I was in the same spot in 2010, nobody's drive made it past the ditch, while last year a couple of drives did.

I think each movement has made for a safer safe throw, but a riskier risky throw.

I'd like to see Joe Rovere take a top 5 spot. That dude kills it considering he doesn't really tour.

Joe is still recovering from his infection that kept him from playing states. Not that he would have beaten Eagle that weekend. I am waiting to see how Joe plays locally leading up to USDGC before predicting he will win. That being said, the only other person I really want to see win besides Joe is JohnE.

3079120+_3a779b07301eff1bfbeea6af1b5ba417.jpg

Latest posts