• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

What's your point, are you saying the rule should be deleted from the rulebook or what?

BTW there is no logic involved, it is a clearly written rule.

If it were a clearly written rule why weren't they called for it?

I have no data to support this but I suspect that players are less likely to call violations when they are being videoed, perhaps for fear of not getting it right or protecting how they come across on camera. Thoughts?

In general, no one calls violations. I played 5 years ago and that might have been about the peak of it or a year later. Seems watered down now with the second division and not well attended. Who has 15 stars now besides Kenny?

I have no data to support this but I suspect that players are less likely to call violations when they are being videoed, perhaps for fear of not getting it right or protecting how they come across on camera. Thoughts?

In this instance if it was a violation (which I don't think it is) I don't think it would be the cameras as much as the hypocrisy. They've all done it multiple times in the round.

This makes sense Chuck. I think it goes even further. Players seem to be reluctant to call violations on each other in every professional round day in and day out. Nikko's outburst on Thur. during his stretch of poor play made him a walking courtesy violation. Outburst and expletives were flying. No one called any of it. I think the mindset of most professionals is if it doesn't effect them directly then they don't call it.

which I think plays into your point chuck about players wanting to preserve their reputation and not deal with possible drama.

This makes sense Chuck. I think it goes even further. Players seem to be reluctant to call violations on each other in every professional round day in and day out. Nikko's outburst on Thur. during his stretch of poor play made him a walking courtesy violation. Outburst and expletives were flying. No one called any of it. I think the mindset of most professionals is if it doesn't effect them directly then they don't call it.

which I think plays into your point chuck about players wanting to preserve their reputation and not deal with possible drama.

Is that why people often turn their back on putts? So they CAN'T be obligated to call or second anything, having not seen it? Thereby preserving their reputation regardless of what happened behind their back? If that's the reason...what a copout.

i think you're being a bit dramatic about this man. for the most part when you see somebody with their back turned its the guy who just putted out and is walking away from the basket. generally people in that case will stop and pause for the guy putting, it's an attempt to be courteous and considerate.

i think you're being a bit dramatic about this man. for the most part when you see somebody with their back turned its the guy who just putted out and is walking away from the basket. generally people in that case will stop and pause for the guy putting, it's an attempt to be courteous and considerate.
This^ it does look hella awkward though when you see a bunch or people with their back turned while one dude is putting

I credit your comment to your immaturity.

You strike me as the type that would meet an amputee and shout "Holy **** dude, what happened to your leg??"

No couth....

If AndyJB is telling you to calm down and have a sense of humor (which I am) you may be taking yourself and the Internet too seriously

Could be. I know in the last probably ten tournaments I've played I've issued a few heads ups on rules violations, effectively an official warning, and then people take more care to strictly follow the rules. I've seen it a lot from other players as well. Usually it's frequent sanctioned tourney players warning inexperienced players or players who don't regularly play PDGA events.

Two observations with that are there are no cameras/crowds arlund, and we are amateurs. Not sure If that supports Chucks guess or just a concidence.

In general, no one calls violations. I played 5 years ago and that might have been about the peak of it or a year later. Seems watered down now with the second division and not well attended. Who has 15 stars now besides Kenny?

It is actually 16 stars. I believe that Ken Climo, Barry Schultz and Dave Dunipace are the only ones that have played in all 16 USDGC's. Next up is Brian Schweberger who played every year except 2011.

How far is it to the edge of the front fairway, and then from there to just over the hay bales on 17?

In other words, if you're laying up on that hole, what is required.

I think this got lost in the shuffle. Anybody know?

I think this got lost in the shuffle. Anybody know?

Hole 17 is 254 or 249 feet from the tee to the pin. The pin placements are about 8 feet from the bales. To lay up, you throw a putter about 25 off the tee. That makes the carry over the bales from the front edge of the drop zone about 220 feet.

Latest posts