• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Memorial Championship- NT

It was closer to 40 or 50 feet. Trust me, I watched it live. Trying to find my head in that shot. I think the camera must have been right in front of me. McBeth's putt was closer to 30 feet but I would guess he was 35 feet out.

Not true on those distances. When you rewatch the coverage you can see the edge of the circle which is 33'. McBeth was just about 10' out and Jerm 25'ish out.

Not true on those distances. When you rewatch the coverage you can see the edge of the circle which is 33'. McBeth was just about 10' out and Jerm 25'ish out.

They were both AMAZING putts. I've watched them tons of times. But it still doesn't catch the vibe of being there live. My hear was pounding with excitement! Put this tournament on your bucket list!! B

They were both AMAZING putts. I've watched them tons of times. But it still doesn't catch the vibe of being there live. My hear was pounding with excitement! Put this tournament on your bucket list!! B

Yeah, it felt like on hole 18's green, time slowed down to a crawl for everyone until Paul's putt dropped.. and then their raucous congratulatory embrace just about brought tears of joy out of a few of us.

You can tell they were both in the circle on the coverage? Because when I walked up to their discs on that fairway McBeth was maybe at the circles edge at best and Jerm was well outside the circle. Then again most people claim I am horrible at judging distance. There is no way Jerm was in the circle.

You can tell they were both in the circle on the coverage? Because when I walked up to their discs on that fairway McBeth was maybe at the circles edge at best and Jerm was well outside the circle. Then again most people claim I am horrible at judging distance. There is no way Jerm was in the circle.

He means Jerm was 25'ish outside the circle. Which would be about a 58 footer. I thought it looked about 60 ft

The disc golf guy who was there commentating called the putts 65 feet for Jerm and 42 for McBeast. I think those are both very accurate assessments of their putts. And my best guesses were pretty Stinking close and rather conservative.

*gasp* ... no champ on commentary??? booooooooo ;)

I know. I'm horrible at my job. Sorry :D

Am I the only one who thinks that was incredibly lucky? Id love to do some statistical analysis and compare the rest of say, the top 10 finishers frequency of OB. Don't get me wrong, keeping it in bounds is a skill, but I think going a clean slate thru a whole tournament like that is pretty much impossibly good luck

Snedeker only had one bogey at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am the other weekend. It's probably a little column A and a little column B

They may not have titles like "Prodigy Protege" but I'm sure over the last few years Anthony Barela has played a bunch of rounds with Paul before the Memorial starts. Who better to imitate than a world champ.

What's up with the really stiff/ kinda crooked fingers on the offhand? Maybe he/ mini me puts all the tension in theyre entire body in the left hand? Seems weird haven't tried it either. Does it keep they're shoulders inline?

What's up with the really stiff/ kinda crooked fingers on the offhand? Maybe he/ mini me puts all the tension in theyre entire body in the left hand? Seems weird haven't tried it either. Does it keep they're shoulders inline?

broke his finger when younger

Does anyone know that there could be a lurker (me) that would want to consider to sponsor more dg? .....not. You guys need to really, realize that major sponsors are reading all, yes all of dg forums looking for pro attitude and ethical play Talk. Love the stuff here, but...I'm out.

Does anyone know that there could be a lurker (me) that would want to consider to sponsor more dg? .....not. You guys need to really, realize that major sponsors are reading all, yes all of dg forums looking for pro attitude and ethical play Talk. Love the stuff here, but...I'm out.

82ed730a99c633899bdbd28eaac5502f57e44da654a63efe7646981c917619cb.jpg

Yeah, I heard every major beer manufacturer was looking to get in on sponsoring disc golf but they were all waiting to see what the quality of comments were on the 2015 Memorial Championship thread on DGCR to make their final decision.

So, no Ledgestone then?

Or are you saying that you will not be sponsoring next year's Memorial from Pennsylvania?

Not even sure what comments in this thread prompted such a response, but honey, you haven't been on the internet long if you're dropping out of sponsoring a NT based on this forum.

Exactly. McBeth was a little testy on the mcfly fiesta coverage. When Nikko talks to himself we call him crazy...

McBeth may have been a little testy due to playing with backups. There were several shots where he threw discs that didn't fly as he expected. The roller on 6 was an obvious one but there was a longer shot later where he clearly didn't get as much turn as he was after.

Just saying that some sponsors follow a thread titled one way and sees that three pages are talking about numbers of cricket...not impressed. Don't worry your little heart out sweetie, I'm sure the worlds in Pittsburgh will be awesome and the Yetter will make some pros quit...so we are at a heightened level now. ..great new players every event...Cheers!

Just saying that some sponsors follow a thread titled one way and sees that three pages are talking about numbers of cricket...not impressed. Don't worry your little heart out sweetie, I'm sure the worlds in Pittsburgh will be awesome and the Yetter will make some pros quit...so we are at a heightened level now. ..great new players every event...Cheers!

Numbers of cricket? Don't even know what that means or where in this thread that might be...

Again, glad things are going well in your area, but seriously, if a couple pages on the internet are going to dissuade someone from supporting, they probably don't play, or care much.

All the sponsors care to see are the excellent viewership, both live and post; the positivity of the participants and the large crowd on hand; the excellent golf and fantastic finish; and the fact that this event made it on the SportsCenter Top 10.

If none of those things sell someone who's on the fence about sponsorship, I doubt they were willing to step up in the first place. Show me a sponsor that dropped sponsorship of a NT because of anything said on an internet forum, and I'll show you someone regretting it.

Last edited:

If someone thought DGCR was anything close to an accurate representation of disc golfers in general, much less the pro tour, and based their sponsorship on what they read here I'd heavily question their business IQ.

And I thought the McBeth hand holding comment was the dumbest thing I was going to read here:doh:

DG is still in a very "RAW" state. The Pros and Ams are still getting used to acting like they are professionals and having cameras in there face. These forums help flush out the degenerates and help ppl learn the rules and techniques. This forum , if anything, should encourage you to sponsor a DG event. Most of the money in disc golf comes from these types of sites. We are the weekend warriors that buy all the plastic and "donate" to pros at most events. The more ppl discussing DG , the more ppl playing DG, and the more money and attention it brings to the sport.

Bottom line is its kind of childish to dangle a "possible sponsorship" over our heads, based off this forum. Almost every forum on the interwebs ,for anything, has similar content. Im not sure what you were hoping for when reading the comments on this site, but sounds like you just wanted to get some attention.

:clap: well done sir/miss