• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 PDGA Amateur World Championships

Shows 2.8 for me. Might need to refresh your browser.

I think I see my issue Chuck. Version 2.7a is still in the Confirmation Package, located at:

http://www.pdga.com/2015amworlds/invites/confirmation-package

Version 2.8 is available if you click Schedule, and then the link appears to "Download Event Schedule and Course Assignments" That link takes you to Version 2.8

Below is a direct link to Version 2.8 of the schedule:

http://www.pdga.com/files/aw2015_schedule_draft_v2.8.pdf

Cart Freindliness

Besides Timber Ridge, can any of the locals advise to the Am Worlds courses Cart Freindliness?

If you mean golf type pull/push cart...Oshtemo, Vicksburg, Robert Morris, Coldbrook are no problem. Timber Ridge and Meyer Broadway would be tougher, but still "doable" (just because of elevation).

Besides Timber Ridge, can any of the locals advise to the Am Worlds courses Cart Freindliness?

What division are you playing in? Each division plays a few different courses so it might be helpful to narrow down the list. :thmbup:

I have a GoKart and plan on pulling it at Meyers, but not at Timber Ridge. The Meyers courses have elevation, but I believe I remember most of it beings rolling type hills. Timber Ridge is a ski hill and has some pretty steep up and downs. Maybe someone who has played both more recently can validate.

If you mean golf type pull/push cart...Oshtemo, Vicksburg, Robert Morris, Coldbrook are no problem. Timber Ridge and Meyer Broadway would be tougher, but still "doable" (just because of elevation).

Cold Brook has a few holes that could be a little tough, but majority of course should be cart friendly. Oshtemo, RoMo and Vicksburg are cart friendly as Tim said. :thmbup:

Spinski's Championship will be somewhat tough, even worse if we get rain. Low section is in swampy land and the elevated sections are on steep hills with narrow paths and some stumps.

Cart Friendliness, as I see it.

My perspective is from a Ridge Roller user, which is a very rugged cart with a narrower wheel base than ball golf carts.

Meyer Broadway south (original) was a bit rough on the new holes of the front nine. Is almost making me rethink using my Ridge Roller on that course. Might use a bag instead.

Coldbrook is tricky is in some spots, but still do-able.

Spinski's Championship course is very tricky, but still do-able. Spinski's original has some narrow paths that might be too rough for some wider wheel bases.

RoMo is tough, especially on hole 1, but should be do-able overall.

Oshtemo is a pancake comparatively speaking to the other courses, all carts are welcome.

Hopefully this helps.

Is anyone available to pick myself and my son up from the AmTrak station Sunday evening? Enterprise does not pick up customers after hours.

I have a GoKart and plan on pulling it at Meyers, but not at Timber Ridge. The Meyers courses have elevation, but I believe I remember most of it beings rolling type hills. Timber Ridge is a ski hill and has some pretty steep up and downs. Maybe someone who has played both more recently can validate.

Meyer south has changed, there are about 4 on the front 9 that you wont want a cart on. Especially if it rains. Then no one will be able to even get up snd down those hills.

I have heard that Spinski's championship is incredibly rough with VERY narrow fairways and rough everywhere else, please tell me that this is not true.

Meyer south has changed, there are about 4 on the front 9 that you wont want a cart on. Especially if it rains. Then no one will be able to even get up snd down those hills.

Thanks. Sounds like good news for the golf and bad news for the old man with a cart. :p

I have heard that Spinski's championship is incredibly rough with VERY narrow fairways and rough everywhere else, please tell me that this is not true.

true. but, it is a fair course. its not tough just to be tough.

Would not want to lie to you. :D

We did a casual practice round a couple weeks ago and talked to the owner. He claimed the PDGA made him open up some of the fairways as they were to narrow. He said/joked he used to be able to walk down the middle of the fairway and stretch his arms out and touch both sides of the rough on the new Championship course.

The rough in the lower section is swampy and very tall. I am afraid of some long wait times while people try to find errant shots. Do whatever you have to do to stay in the middle as bad shots will be severely punished. The elevation holes are tree filled and narrow as well. Going to be interesting to see scores and how long it takes to play 18 holes. Not a very long course, but a very technical course.

As the PDGA guy that did the walk-thru and recommendations, I'll be interested to hear how it turned out.

Played Timber Ridge today & used my Ridge Roller. It was a bit much from the standpoint of up & down being too tiring. Some areas are VERY steep. A cart is doable, but it's just very tiring, especially with the heat & humidity.

Oh, and if you think you've packed enough water, pack some more. I finished my first bottle of water by the 6th hole & had to ration the other bottle for remaining 2/3.

A couple of hours out still, so someone post the players pack already. I mean registration has been open for 3 minutes!!

Interested as well. Because of traveling by train, I will not be able to check in until almost the last second tomorrow (Monday). I am wondering if the whole package has already been assembled for each player or if you show up and pick what discs or items you want from a stack. Not that I need more discs or anything, but I would prefer to not get bottom of the barrel in the off-chance it might actually be something I would throw. Plus, I am not a S or XXXL for shirt/ clothes sizes in case that is in the pack as well. I really like that last year's shirts had your number printed on it.