• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Discraft Ace Race

The amount of dome I'm seeing makes me want to vomit.

Discraft is good at flat, why is there dome why!

Discraft also has a history of tweaking Ace Race discs.

I would be a little surprised if Discraft actually produced a disc that domey.

What I want is a more stable Stratus-like long mid.
Oh wait, that's a Storm and they've been OOP for like 10 years.

Seriously, I've given up predicting anything about the Ace Race.
I'm always wrong...

Waddya know, wishes do come true sometimes.
Looks like they're gonna give us a more stable Stratus in ESP plastic!
I can't wait...

2016disc_lg.jpg

If you look closely at the profile, they clearly photoshopped the top of one disc on to the rim of another. There is a gap below the Parting Line. Makes me think Comet top and Stratus bottom. Though with the dome on that thing, could be a Sail top.

One of the greatest discs ever created is best when it's really domey, the Comet.Considering this is in the same general category of flight, I don't quite get the complaints. The dome should make this thing float like crazy.

One of the greatest discs ever created is best when it's really domey, the Comet.Considering this is in the same general category of flight, I don't quite get the complaints. The dome should make this thing float like crazy.

Based on what I hear I know Comets are well thought of by many.

I don't like Comets.
I despise dome.
I will continue complaining about the dome on this disc.

I put a comet in my bag early in 2016, and glad I did. Very reliable disc. Like it better than my Buzz or Roc.

It might be a bit early to judge this disc, by a photo shopped picture that may or may not be anything resembling the actual disc.

It might be a bit early to judge this disc, by a photo shopped picture that may or may not be anything resembling the actual disc.

Very true. I'll have to stay tuned and see what others say about it. The AR around here isn't till mid September.

I'm not a fan of domey. I don't like the way they look.

For the TDs out there, I just placed my order and noticed a really nice new feature that Discraft added this year. A portion of the shirts you order can be vouchers instead of actual shirts. The players can use the voucher to order the exact shirt size they want and Discraft will pay for the shipping.

For the TDs out there, I just placed my order and noticed a really nice new feature that Discraft added this year. A portion of the shirts you order can be vouchers instead of actual shirts. The players can use the voucher to order the exact shirt size they want and Discraft will pay for the shipping.

Good move by Discraft, trying to get a size for everyone can be a logistical nightmare.

Latest posts