• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 PDGA membership disc

KenanFlagler01

Par Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Does the PDGA announce what disc they will be including in new member packs for the upcoming year? I'm anxiously waiting for Oct. 1 to sign up for 2016. What disc is in the pack this year? Previous years?

Does the PDGA announce what disc they will be including in new member packs for the upcoming year? I'm anxiously waiting for Oct. 1 to sign up for 2016. What disc is in the pack this year? Previous years?

They don't ever announce the disc, and the choice of disc is not usually done by year either. They usually get a fixed quantity of logo-stamped discs, given them away until they run low/out, then get a new order of discs, typically from a different manufacturer.

The current disc is an MVP Inertia. That very well could be the disc you receive when you join in October. Frankly, the membership disc has never really been one of the selling points of membership.

Do you get a disc when you renew your membership too or just for the first time your join? I missed on the MVP and got stuck with a Diamond...

LAME....I would totally rock that MVP and not have thrown away the Diamond....or it is somewhere else.

They don't ever announce the disc, and the choice of disc is not usually done by year either. They usually get a fixed quantity of logo-stamped discs, given them away until they run low/out, then get a new order of discs, typically from a different manufacturer.

The current disc is an MVP Inertia. That very well could be the disc you receive when you join in October. Frankly, the membership disc has never really been one of the selling points of membership.

i loved mine...black MVP white rim with a white logo. I looks awesome...but its 150g so I wont throw it and i dont really display discs anywhere right now so it isn't doing me much good.

If you are joining the PDGA just to get a disc, you are missing the point.

I was just curious about next year's disc. It's not the reason I'm joining. I plan to join anyway. $50 for a disc doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I was just curious about next year's disc. It's not the reason I'm joining. I plan to join anyway. $50 for a disc doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Nothing surprises me anymore. I know of at least two sanctioned tournaments I have played that people only signed up for to receive a players pack. One instance a guy played one round and left proudly wearing his new shirt and the other instance the guy did not play because he wanted the stool or shirt given in the players pack.

Well you can sell the MVP inertias for $30+ as they are pulling premium prices. I think some have signed up their kids or whatever to get 1

From MVP:
2016 PDGA Membership Wave

The 2015 PDGA Membership Inertia was such a hit with the PDGA and its new members that we have been asked to provide the 2016 PDGA Membership Disc. Next year the Neutron Wave will be featured in the rare black core + white rim color configuration, all around 155g. We're proud to continue this partnership with the PDGA and look forward to welcoming thousands of new members with GYRO™ in 2016!

The PDGA Membership Neutron Wave has a high-polish black core with a bright white GYRO™ rim and white PDGA / MVP Orbit logo stamp. There's only one way to get it, and that's to sign up for the PDGA (yourself or an honorary/gift membership) during the 2016 calendar year, as supplies last. This item is not available to dealers.

Yup just got the dealer email this morning about new stuff for the rest of the year and the PDGA Wave was in there.

I became a PDGA member! The MVP Inertia looks awesome but I don't think it will make the bag and I am not much of a collector. What should I do with it?

No clue, I've got 2 154g Inertias I need to do something with.

I really like the look of the black core and the white rim. It's a very unique looking disc, and will never be thrown.

anybody thrown these waves or just hanging them up? Snagged one out of the used bin for giggles.