• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Pro Worlds

Wow, so McBeth tried to call an unmarked disc penalty on Ricky? He is really feeling the pressure now and any free strokes to make up ground would be huge.

Your like 10 pages behind... Btw, Ricky already won.

Ugh, I just realised that the MPO isn't playing Peter Pan at all, it's only Jones East and Country Club for them. That's a little disappointing as I find Peter Pan to be the most interesting of the bunch. JE and CC don't bring up the kind of golf I enjoy the most but that's just me :)

Anyone notice the lack of Worldliness at Worlds?

The MPO field has, at my rough count, 9 Euros, 1 Aussie, 1 South Korean, 1 Japanese player. That's a dozen out of 156. Is this typical?

No KJ. No Seppo Paju. Etc

A lot of talk about this on Jussis FB page for one. If the direction of the future is less courses and rounds, people might feel like making the distance to get there. I can imagine it too much work to get there and practise a dozen courses to be competitive. Thats one reason why the USDGC for example will have more Finns. One course, and all the prestige, if not more.

A lot of talk about this on Jussis FB page for one. If the direction of the future is less courses and rounds, people might feel like making the distance to get there. I can imagine it too much work to get there and practise a dozen courses to be competitive. Thats one reason why the USDGC for example will have more Finns. One course, and all the prestige, if not more.

And, really, who the hell wants to go play disc golf in Kansas in the middle of August? Also, a dozen courses? MPO is playing two...

Oh, and said changes will make it more plausible to bid hosting it outside the US, too.

A Worlds that is actually global...sounds good!:thmbup:

Anyone notice the lack of Worldliness at Worlds?

The MPO field has, at my rough count, 9 Euros, 1 Aussie, 1 South Korean, 1 Japanese player. That's a dozen out of 156. Is this typical?

No KJ. No Seppo Paju. Etc

Is Nybo injured?

In fairness, efforts are being made to make this better. The DGWT had two (very good) events in Europe. I agree with the poster that said having fewer courses might help draw more Euro players. At the same time, the USA has some great venues for Worlds, so it does not bother me that the Worlds are played here.

and the most unsocial thing for players.

Now that is a good argument for having them together. It would be good if they were in the same town/city the same week, but on different courses suitable for the players' relative abilities, but as was said in previous posts, it's hard enough getting good and willing hosts as it is...

Is Nybo injured?

In fairness, efforts are being made to make this better. The DGWT had two (very good) events in Europe. I agree with the poster that said having fewer courses might help draw more Euro players. At the same time, the USA has some great venues for Worlds, so it does not bother me that the Worlds are played here.

Nybo held an online fundraiser to get him to the EO and USDGC. I guess he made his choice. I know he is a parent and works F/T, so there's that as well.

Yeah I can't say I understand the problem with the current format as is. To change it so drastically would be a pitty. And how would this work for film coverage? 3 different locations, same time, different time? All have inherent logistical issues. I'd like to get some feedback from someone in the know, Chuck?

Img - I've been to a worlds, here in Portland 2014 and it was great. Various courses (which agiain is changing and doing away with). It was a great experience with all the different ages divisions and genders intermixed and creating the disc golf community, long distance comp, putting expo, tournament, flymart, everyone was there. I would watch guys one day and women the next day. The variety to me is what makes Worlds, Worlds. I can't see traveling to a future "Worlds" to see 1 specific group play only 2 courses for 5 days...

The thought of that is just meh...

Unless I misunderstand you, MPO and FPO will be playing one Worlds, Masters and older will be playing a separate Worlds.

2017 Jun- PDGA Pro Disc Golf World Championships Augusta, GA & North Augusta, SC

2017 Aug 12-19 PDGA Pro Masters World Championships Grand Rapids, MI

The PDGA posted payout into yesterday, I gotta say it's pretty impressive. MPO is paying out 237% of net entry fees. Can't shake a stick at that!

Beast mode engaged? With 10 holes to go is it a little too late?

Been rooting for nikko this whole tourney, but he let it slip away this round.

9 holes left. 5 strokes. It's not quite over.

Should be an entertaining Final 9.

The women will be the card to watch!

And of course watching the comeback by the beast... 5 throws in 9 holes would be very unlikely for anybody except...

Latest posts