• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Pro Worlds

I think I saw a conversation once that Stokeley had been foot faulting frequently on field shots, so the others decided to really call him on it if he did it again. When he did, they called it, then a second time and a third. On his fourth shot he foot faulted yet again, but they let it go in order to move along.

Whatever happened, it doesn't seem to be the norm.

Doesn't surprise me given his open field technique. He windmills into it. I'd be shocked if he ever hit one. The only reason this one seemed egregious was that it really did look like Ken and PB worked together. I'm not buying the collusion thing though. More like they were annoyed with him and decided to make a point. Of course that came right out of my nether regions.

By the way, how about Paige Pierce and Val Jenkins Doss! Great moves today as Catrina was off the pace. I'm looking forward to seeing any footage of that card and that round.

Anyone at Emporia know specifically if the mando tree was located inbounds or OB? Or maybe it was right on the OB line?

By the way, how about Paige Pierce and Val Jenkins Doss! Great moves today as Catrina was off the pace. I'm looking forward to seeing any footage of that card and that round.

Made my day. I'm not a big CA fan, although I've warmed to her over this season, but I admire Val. She is talented and super nice.

This smashboxx round 4 video won't play on YouTube. Says unavailable? What's up with that

I think I saw a conversation once that Stokeley had been foot faulting frequently on field shots, so the others decided to really call him on it if he did it again. When he did, they called it, then a second time and a third. On his fourth shot he foot faulted yet again, but they let it go in order to move along.

Whatever happened, it doesn't seem to be the norm.

Kens side of the story is that he has been calling Scott on foot faults consistently for several days, but it had never gotten past the warning because he hadn't faulted twice in any round yet. He says Scott knew he was watching him closely and it's not his (Kens) fault Scott never adjusted.

Kens side of the story is that he has been calling Scott on foot faults consistently for several days, but it had never gotten past the warning because he hadn't faulted twice in any round yet. He says Scott knew he was watching him closely and it's not his (Kens) fault Scott never adjusted.

I've always watched on the videos to see if players are foot-faulting, and am impressed with how well and accurately they hit right behind the marker or disc per the rules. We do have the issues with step-putting (and some obvious and egregious fouls there that don't seem to be called), but for the most part, a called foot-fault is usually correct. People are watching each other out there.

And this kind of segues into something I noticed today in the Worlds Round 4. On the Island Hole (Hole 16), Wysocki really made a point to come up and see where McBeth's disc was, and watched to make sure his stance was correct, etc. When Sexton, in a similar situation, was putting, we didn't see so much of Rick.

Granted, Wysocki may have gotten out of the camera's way, but I felt at the time that Wysocki and McBeth are not over that squabble over the disc-marking, and are really watching each other for the least little things. It'd be funny if it weren't a tournament for the World Championship.

Anyone at Emporia know specifically if the mando tree was located inbounds or OB? Or maybe it was right on the OB line?

If OB is marked as it was in the flyover preview on the Jomez video at 58:01, (and if the mando is in fact the tree) it looks like the trunk is clearly in the OB area by a few yards. Some limbs might hang over IB.

Thanks PB, it's easy here to get one side and run with it. Tis always good to have perspective.

www.smashboxx.tv/support

Think about throwing some support towards this incredible group of guys volunteering their time over and over this last couple seasons to provide us with live coverage. And it's only getting better and better and better. I shell out money a handful of times a year for UFC PayPerViews and this resonates with me even more. If you've been following DG coverage for half as long as I have you must be pretty grateful for the amazing coverage we have these days. Support Smashboxxtv, CCDG (they have a Patreon) and all of our other amazing providers of coverage. DO IT!

Anyone notice the lack of Worldliness at Worlds?

The MPO field has, at my rough count, 9 Euros, 1 Aussie, 1 South Korean, 1 Japanese player. That's a dozen out of 156. Is this typical?

No KJ. No Seppo Paju. Etc

Seems like. Might be easier to organize but is the most stupid thing for viewers and the most unsocial thing for players.

Yeah I can't say I understand the problem with the current format as is. To change it so drastically would be a pitty. And how would this work for film coverage? 3 different locations, same time, different time? All have inherent logistical issues. I'd like to get some feedback from someone in the know, Chuck?

Img - I've been to a worlds, here in Portland 2014 and it was great. Various courses (which agiain is changing and doing away with). It was a great experience with all the different ages divisions and genders intermixed and creating the disc golf community, long distance comp, putting expo, tournament, flymart, everyone was there. I would watch guys one day and women the next day. The variety to me is what makes Worlds, Worlds. I can't see traveling to a future "Worlds" to see 1 specific group play only 2 courses for 5 days...

The thought of that is just meh...

Wow, so McBeth tried to call an unmarked disc penalty on Ricky? He is really feeling the pressure now and any free strokes to make up ground would be huge.