• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

haier2

Par Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 8 yrs, with a few long hiatus from the game.
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, Forehand and overhand for shorter utility purposes
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: P2 200-275'; Aurora: 250-325'; Gazelle 325-400'; Orion LF: over 400'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps: Bicep/shoulder issues limit OH/FH
Other sport proficiencies: Golf and ultimate; baseball, football and basketball in the past.

What do you like/dislike about your current bag? I'm really happy to have my current lineup. The Gazelle replaced my Teebirds and provided a more definite distance gap from my Orion. The new run 1.4 Orion LF easily knocked out my most overstable Teebird and the Gazelle covers my old worn in Teebird shots.

For midranges, my Aurora MS have become such a vital part of my bag. I was disappointed to drop my QMS but the KC Roc I added covers my stable mid shots better than forcing the QMS to take care of it.

The P2 has taken over as a main driving putter. I feel very confident with this disc. The S-P2 has flirted with being in the bag recently but it doesn't have the glide of my P-P2. I usually like carrying an understable putter for drives and figure my P-P2 will get to that point eventually.

I really just want to hear feedback on my bag, I've been working on trying to get my total discs carried down, but it seems like each time I drop something I come across a shot where I miss it. In the last year I have been big on overstable utility discs which have added to total numbers to my lineup, but I really like them.

My main putter has changed a lot this year. Wintertime was glow ET Omegas, as the weather warmed up I went back to my Omega Drivers. Then swapped to old JKs, but considering going to P-P2s. Need to make a decision on this one.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
171 Quantum Orion LF 1.2 (seasoned) Distance with a considerable fade
171 Sirius Orion LF 1.4 (fresh) Straight distance with controllable fade. Slightly longer fresh Teebird.
172 Sirius Orion LF 1.2 (seasoned) Hyzer flip distance, has the most turn of my Orions while still fading out.
175 Quantum Orion LF 1.2 (beat) Straight when powered down, turns at high speeds

175 Champion Gazelle (fresh) Mini firebird, very turn resistant.
175 Star Gazelle (fresh-ish) Straight with minimal fade. Hasn't gotten any high speed turn yet.
175 Star Gazelle (beat) Turns at high speed, can also power down to straight with no fade.

Mids:
172 Champ Glow Gator (fresh) Overstable midrange, forehand approach with skip
175 KC Roc (seasoned) Straight with a reliable fade, forehand approaches
177 Aurora MS (seasoned) Dead straight. Will hold an anny or hyzer flip.
168 Aurora MS (seasoned) Touch or standstill shots. Short, low ceiling approaches.
180 DX Stingray (beat) Turnover midrange,

Putters:
175 P-P2 (seasoned) Main driving putter and long approaches. Very dependable.
175 JK Aviar (beat) Putter
175 JK Aviar (thrashed) Approaches, uphill putts and jump putts.

Utility:
175 Champ Firebird (fresh) Driver skip shots, headwinds, forehand.
168 Quantum JLS 1.9 (seasoned) My tomahawk disc and bh roller.
175 Star Whippet X (fresh-ish) Fairway overstable, short forehand, skip shots, learning thumbers.

Some alternate discs that come and go depending on the course:
173 Quantum Quasar 1.1 (fresh-ish) overstable super distance
174 Quantum Quasar 1.1 (beat) understable super distance
171 M-JLS 1.11 (seasoned) truly understable, but longer than beat gazelle
172 S-P2 (new) overstable driving putter, doesn't have nearly the glide of the P-P2. I like durability of this but it just doesn't throw like the P line.