• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Aussie Open DGWT Event Discussion

Yeah McBeth lost another stroke on 3 and another on 4. Currently Eagle is 8 strokes over McBeth (4 over Manu, 5 over Ricky). Of course all this could be moot if Eagle falls apart half way through this round (or next round). Eagle is an amazing player when he's on, but I don't think he has quite the consistency or the mental game of McBeth or Ricky. Still, I'd love to see him win the event. I'm lazy; anyone know how many rounds there are total?

Eagle does have the advantage of bagging a lot of champion plastic, which is going to get less floppy than some other plastic. Ricky mentioned having problems with some of his discs getting soft and floppy in the heat in the recap video with Avery. It's funny, but Eagle is coming to the Aussie Open after doing pretty badly in the South Florida Open a month ago. Maybe the warm Florida weather in that tournament helped him make the adjustment for Australia a little earlier though. He's certainly playing very well so far, and I do hope he can keep his head in it and win.

The thing that really struck me about McBeth two years ago was his consistent and smooth play. Eagle looks like Paul did two years ago.

8 out of 9 birds, Eagle and Ricky exchanging blows, it's a heavyweight fight. And I'm liking Eagle's new logo on the lower back of his shirt, there's a new sheriff on town!

Crap I really need some sleep!

Paul eagled hole #16, how long is that? Anyone know the distance of the eagle shot? Thx.

E & R - 16 now. Holy...