• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 USDGC

Eagles? Plural? What other holes than 10 is Kevin going for?

I thought the live was pretty good. I also had the luxury of jumping into the Powergrip FB live whenever they went into extended yak yak mode. Commentators are okay I guess, but I think Jamie is also trying too hard. He is not as bad as Avery at his worst, but try to keep a lid on the catchphrase bottle a little, okay?

Tonight should be one of the more enjoyable DG nights. We are spoiled. Worlds was just soooo goood. Hope the players give us at least a modicum of that excitement.

So is it getting old watching the same hole over and over again on the live coverage?

i didn't realize he was ill. i just noticed his shots lacked ( drives in particular) the execution i have come to expect when he is in the zone. i hope he is 100% tomorrow cause there's hounds on his trail.

Paul said after the round that his distance was longer than usual today, which was odd to him, because he wasn't feeling well.

It's as if his sickness messed with his mind more than his body, and he couldn't focus on his shots (my words).

So I guess the tournament depends on how much vitamin C and sleep Paul got last night?

Eagles? Plural? What other holes than 10 is Kevin going for?

I thought the live was pretty good. I also had the luxury of jumping into the Powergrip FB live whenever they went into extended yak yak mode. Commentators are okay I guess, but I think Jamie is also trying too hard. He is not as bad as Avery at his worst, but try to keep a lid on the catchphrase bottle a little, okay?

Tonight should be one of the more enjoyable DG nights. We are spoiled. Worlds was just soooo goood. Hope the players give us at least a modicum of that excitement.

Kevin said he'd go for an eagle on 5 if he feels like he needs to (and has a chance) when he steps up to his second shot. See the USDGC website. I think there's a one-minute interview on there where he says it.

To be thorough, he can theoretically go for Eagle on 5, 10, and 13. I mean, Eagle is possible on any hole but it'd require a throw-in, and I don't think that's what you're asking.

Go Southwest VA (Paul and James)!

So is it getting old watching the same hole over and over again on the live coverage?
Basically got to watch the whole lead cards round. Was a few transition and mic problems but that's to be expected all and all it was pretty decent coverage.

I calculate the best chances for eagle for a 1026 rated player are holes #10 (13%) and #2 (2.4%). Anything else is less than one chance in a thousand, with the best chances being to ace #17, throw-in on #13, or ace #1. Then comes #5 with a one-in-2200 shot at eagle.

Now if it happens, you'll know how excited to get.

I calculate the best chances for eagle for a 1026 rated player are holes #10 (13%) and #2 (2.4%). Anything else is less than one chance in a thousand, with the best chances being to ace #17, throw-in on #13, or ace #1. Then comes #5 with a one-in-2200 shot at eagle.

Now if it happens, you'll know how excited to get.

Eagle chance on 5 would be way higher than that if people actually went for it.

I'm thinking eagling #11 would be more likely than #2 even though McCray got 2 this year. The typically available RHFH approach on 11 allows you to go for the pin whereas the approach on 2 seems to more likely be a layup even with a RHFH approach.

So what ranking does this tournament come in, in regards to total payout? 1st, 2nd, ? ? ? Thx.

Paige B is now one shot better than Paige P . . PB was FAR behind PP after R2

Eagle on #13 seems way way do-able for these mutants who throw so far. Certainly if the hole were the old 888 layout, but even in this one, it seems we'd see some.

Eagle on #13 seems way way do-able for these mutants who throw so far. Certainly if the hole were the old 888 layout, but even in this one, it seems we'd see some.
They are playing the 13A placement today at 999 versus 1111 on 13B played the past two days.

It's longer but from the caddy book it seems the opening tee shot is a lot easier and more forgiving than when I was there in 2007 not sure if it plays that way or not.

They also increased par from 4-5 so it definitely plays easier than before

Attachments

• hole-13-web1.jpg
    hole-13-web1.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 19
Paige almost caught Paige but took what we've called an "electrical socket" score on 18.

Latest posts