• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 USDGC

Holly is having a good year..

Two top 5 in DGTP . .two A tier wins . . and now this second place in USW

Is Jomez filming this tournament? If so does anyone know when are they going to put it up on Youtube?

That day after coverage spoiled me. lol... Stayed media blind as long as I could, can't wait another 4 days for each round to drop, had to check the results. Walker went back to being Walker (902 rated last round) I've always thought Holly was a solid player, good to see some stable play from her. And a nice with for _____ good to see her playing well. Going to have to keep an eye on Vanessa Van Dyken, she's looking very promising in the FPO division. Played well above her 919 rating.

1st round, Front 11, and Back 10, are up on Jomez's Youtube page now. I imagine at least part of the 2nd round will be up by this evening.

Last edited:
1st round, Front 11, and Back 10, are up on Jomez's Youtube page now. I imagine at least part of the 2nd round will be up by this evening.

Jomez really is good if they are putting out first round coverage before the event has started. :p

I think it's a neat sign of the times that the USDGC thread has been dominated by the USWDGC coverage and the performance of the women there. It fulfills some of our goals when we created the USWDGC and ran it for the first three years. The presence of Paige and Paige at the USDGC this year is a testimony to all the USWDGCs' staff over the years, and it testifies to the hard work and dedication of these two as athletes. I am looking forward to seeing Paige and Paige put the Gold Course to the test. ~ Harold

Also - can I just geek a little? It's been 2 years since my last appearance on livestreams (in 2016 I worked with both the DGWT and DGPT livestreams in the same season) and I'm really excited to be doing it once again.

I'm inviting all of you to check it out. We'll be going live for the final 2 rounds (Friday and Saturday) with a new format. The plan so far is 3 stationary cameras, 2 roaming cameras, and maybe even the occasional drone shot!

Oh, and we will have special guests stopping by to chat both days, so come fill your cup of fandom with us.

If the 2 roaming cameras just cover the lead card with the occasional chase action, this should be fine as other live streams only had 2 cameras. Combine that with the 3 stationary cams and there should be plenty of live disc golf.

Wasn't Climo out for the past ~2 seasons because of a back injury? If so, I would be happy just to see him finish. Back injuries are no joke, and take a while to recover from. I'm glad he's at least back on the course playing.

Just watched the Jomez promo vid. It's good, very reminiscent of the old SpinTV shorts. I'm wondering if they worked together on it? Regardless, I would love to see more of these. As an aside, Steve Dodge has been keeping this kind of thing alive over the last couple of years. So, kudos to Spin, Dodge and now Jomez for working this kind of thing.

Climo could finish in the top 40 with a broken arm and a DX starter pack.

5 years ago I would have agreed. Top 40 people are rated above 1015. So Climo has to shoot about that for 4 full rounds. The field is more top heavy than last year. For a guy who hasn't played much in 2 years, that is asking a lot.

I am rooting for him, lets be clear. I have spent the night at The Champ's house and played casual rounds with him. But, I am also realistic as to what it will take and what condition he could be in.

No matter what, it is a good story.

In his last tournament (2017 Green Mountain Championship) Climo averaged 1022 rated golf. The Champ also had a Top 10 finish in 2015, although he had a DNF in 2016. I think he'll play some good golf and hit the cash line. He's too competitive to put himself out there unless he thought he had a chance to really compete.

In his last tournament (2017 Green Mountain Championship) Climo averaged 1022 rated golf. The Champ also had a Top 10 finish in 2015, although he had a DNF in 2016. I think he'll play some good golf and hit the cash line. He's too competitive to put himself out there unless he thought he had a chance to really compete.

Climo's never been to Vermont. I think you mean Throw Down the Mountain, which is a Florida event held early in the year (as opposed to GMC which is held in the fall). So he's been out of action for roughly 18 months. He hasn't been playing due to injury, so I don't expect he spent a lot of that down time practicing.

I don't think his last event or his play in 2016 or 2015 is necessarily predictive of what to expect of him next week. As competitive as he might be, I also think he's realistic about his chances as a 50-year-old who's been out of action for a year and a half. His goal this week could simply be to participate in a historic event (the 20th edition). I don't think a top X finish would need to be his goal to get him out to play.

I hope he does well, finishes in the money, and gives us a great story to watch. I think just being there and finishing four rounds on that course would be an admirable accomplishment all by itself, given his recent absence from the scene.

He's too competitive to put himself out there unless he thought he had a chance to really compete.

Now I don't know Ken personally but based on what I do know...
He has too much pride to come out and stink it up.
If Ken is there, I believe that he's there to compete and get in the Top 20.
So that's my stretch prediction: Top 20.

As for the commentary...

Avery is a very smart and insightful commentator.
If you can get past the excessive verbiage and the self-importance.

Someone please tell Avery:
1. That he isn't getting paid by the word.
2. They aren't going to deduct his pay if he lets a few silent seconds pass so we can watch the action.
3. His commentary would be better if he remembered that he should only speak when he has something new to contribute (see #1 above)
4. He is there to inform us and enlighten us, not prove that he is the smartest man alive.
5. Self-diminishment goes a long way toward drawing the listener into the unfolding drama.
6. The action is the "thing", not the commentator(s).
7. Listen to Jamie...

Last edited:

Latest posts