• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 DG New Year's Resolutions - what's yours?

paul2432

Bogey Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I use to be course bagger a long, long time time ago. For 2019 I want return to my roots and see if I can double my courses played on DGCR from just over 100 to 200 courses played for the year.

That would be a new course every 3.65 days. Maybe I'll aim for 50 instead :)

My goal is to play more rounds in 2019. With work and family I was well under 100 rounds for 2018. Might try to play a tournament or two next year but I usually regret it when I do.

Only other goal is to get a decent forehand within 300'. I have it dialed in from 150' and in burn I have nothing off the tee.

I lost about 120 pounds since I started Disc Golfing. The exercise helped but it was mostly modifying my diet to be low carb, grain free with intermediate fasting.

About 20 of those pounds were muscle.

My goal for 2019 is to strategically build that muscle back. I have become a better golfer, but my distance has dropped.

Last edited:
Putting practice twice a week, at least

I played 5 full rounds all year after a car accident slowed me down for 2 months and then a short hospital stay shortly after led me to throwing in the towel for the year. What makes that even worse is that my primary course is pretty short with most holes between 200 and 300. So, I'm aiming to play more rounds, hopefully at least 30 which is about once per week in the decent weather.

I also will do more field work with my drive. I've tried "fixing" so many things at once that it just feels wonky. I'd also like to try to at least be able to break 300' consistently.

I have a ton of slower speed understable drivers (Leopard-esque drivers). I want to spend time figuring out which discs actually work well for me.

Get back to practice putting a couple of times per week.

A couple of them actually:

Not to let the fact that others, who don't have as much time to DG, keep me from playing more rounds this year. With the upper midwest climate DG season can be a very short one, like this past year of going straight almost from summer to winter. I intend on getting back to my weekly solo rounds, weather and health permitting.

To meet more frolfers on the course closer to my age. I'm gonna be 61 in a few months and while I can sometimes stay competitive with guys 30 years younger than me (and who have about 20 years more experience than me!) I just don't have that long game. 300 foot drive on a good day for me, distance wise. I intend on talking to more of the guys I occasionally see during my weekday a.m. rounds at what I call my home course. I want to see if maybe someone would like to meet on a certain day of the week for a round or 2, check on any types of leagues at the course, etc.

I guess if you put the 2 dg resolutions together they actually spell out one main thing: to DG more!!

Play more.

Practice putt more.

Get my kids hooked at my company's pitch and putt.

Play for score less, practice more - even if it's at a course. Better quality rounds and not so much quantity.

Play some more tournaments. Good pretty good at putting and more consistent over all. Same stuff everybody wants

Lik most here, to play more... and my emphasis will be on the exercise and health benefits of playing more often, and more holes in a day...

to play as much as i can. also to continue eating as healthy as possible, stretching exercises and practice putting on a daily basis even if it's a short period. i'll be 60 next month and figure i'm gonna have to work at it the next decade.

Just keep doing exactly what I am doing! Keep enjoying every minute out there.

Attainable goals :hfive:

Greatly improve overhand height and distance for over trouble and fairway adapting.

Work on rollers to have a better chance at 2s on some 600ft+ Local holes.

More camp and disc than last year. I think just 5 nights in 2018. Also insist on loading the Action Van for more frequent out of town day trips with the guys. My local selection of courses is very enviable to most of the disc golf world, but not enough visits to courses in the hour and half away range.

I want to practice putting more but I also want to find a DG league near me or some other competitive play. So if anyone is in the north Georgia area and has any pointers about where to find some competition, please let me know. Thanks!

Recycling last year's resolution: To build 2 more holes. And some bridges.

And, while a lot of folks are planning to improve their distance, my resolution is to recognize the meager distance I once had, isn't returning, and quit throwing discs in a pond just because I used to throw them over it.

If you're placing wagers, the first set is the better bet.

With a baby coming in May...I probably won't be hitting many sanctioned events much less playing frequently. Might refocus my efforts this year on course bagging.