• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 DG New Year's Resolutions - what's yours?

2019 goals

1. Stay healthy
2. Stay healthy
3. Stay healthy (always my top 3 goals)
4. Meet-ups in Maine and/or IDGC.
5. Road trips to Lake Marshall, Pittsburgh, and Walnut Creek.
6. Make time to play during the week.
7. Clark's Run workdays.
8. Play a few tournaments. Maybe.

1. Play zero casual rounds in 2019.
2. Throw 100 practice putts a day (been doing this.)
3. Win my first A tier. (I've been on the lead card a few times. And for some reason, winning local B and C tiers has lost it's luster)
4. Don't get in my own head during tournaments. Stay in bounds. Don't run it all of the time. Throw a fairway driver instead of the wide rim, distance driver. Be smart.
5. Get my first tournament ace. Been so, so, so close so many times. I just want one.

In no specific order

- become more proficient at putting
- develope a more consistent forehand
- volunteer more in my local community
- continue to be a good dg mentor
- add 50+ courses to my played list
- sell a majority of discs I'll never use that are sitting in my closet

- Start a local club
- Run the West Virginia points series
- Play in Am Worlds
- Do field work to improve backhand drives
- Practice putting 5 times a week
- Volunteer to improve local courses
- Sell plastic to pay for tourneys & travel
- Play 5 or more new courses

- Practice putting in the backyard at least once a week
- Improve my rating
- Earn the Workout Silver and Correspondent Gold trophies
- Break ground on my small town's first public DG track

Mine is to rework my bag some and get some different plastic going and see what I can do,oh and always work on my putting.

- extend my 100% make range out to 25' (putting in the 20-25' range seems to make or break my rounds)
- maintain a 950ish rating
- keep my arm/shoulder healthy
- field practice at least once per week

I lost about 120 pounds since I started Disc Golfing.

Wow! That is truly impressive! Congrats!

I've gained about 65 lbs since I moved back home to the Midwest and had a couple kids. It's starting to wear on everything. I'll probably never again be in as good of shape as I was ~3 years ago, and it's pretty cliche for a "new year's resolution", but I'd really like to drop 30-40 lbs this year and maybe even get some strength/flexibility back.

- "Accurate" 300'
- "Consistent" 20'
- "Respectable" forehand and thumber
- 25 new courses

Everything in quotes is speculative.

I've gained about 65 lbs since I moved back home to the Midwest and had a couple kids. It's starting to wear on everything. I'll probably never again be in as good of shape as I was ~3 years ago, and it's pretty cliche for a "new year's resolution", but I'd really like to drop 30-40 lbs this year and maybe even get some strength/flexibility back.

Thanks!
One of the great things about going keto/grain free, is the lowering of inflammation and not being as hungry.

Some good shorts here on heath
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC70SrI3VkT1MXALRtf0pcHg

i am right at 100 lbs lost in 2 yrs. high protein, high fiber and removed added sugar as much as possible from my diet. i cap my calories each day at 2300 max. it requires analyzing your own diet so you know how much and what to eat. the weight loss is slowing down now which means i am getting closer to my goal. 20 lbs to go and i'll weigh what i did when i was 23, and that was 37 yrs ago. the biggest tip for success i can give is not to look at it as a diet. it is a lifestyle change that you can never give up on. best of luck!

I wanna play more. I already play a lot but I'm going to go for more. Started today in fact. A nice crisp 40 degree round. Also playing in my first A-Tier. I'm signed up for the Nick Hyde AM weekend. Looking forward to that for sure. Last but not least putting practice as much as possible. Disc On!!!

I'm looking to get 900 rated (I think I'm around 845, I haven't renewed yet, but I will)

I'm hoping the Green Mountain Championships returns and I'm hoping it returns with the Am weekend

I want to get my putting issues cleaned up (would like to be 100% from 20'-25')

400' of consistent BH/FH distance with the max being over 450'

Practice everyday of some sort (I failed today, but I did go bowling which helped me gain a bit more control of my wrist, so I'll let it pass)

My goal is to play in the local league stuff this year.

Had one last year that I accomplished, getting rid of some old discs that did not work for me anymore and did not want but were not too worn for others to use. I did that simply to let go of some discs that were just sitting on the shelf with no memory or value to them. Z XL was just too flippy for me so I gave it to my mom who has a Z XL Then my G9i Wizard was given to a friend who uses the Wizard for his main putter disc, the newer discs in PW that are more like the old Wizards. Before he was using reborn Swan 1 as his putter with one of them being an old Swan for his main putting putter. Well I found out the Z XL was too flippy due to being slightly worn in but not worn out, so I did get the closest disc to that, a Glide and that is how I have seen a new XL fly in Pro D.

Last edited:
Two goals, very closely tied together.
First Goal: More consistent distance. I can throw a DX Cobra 340'. Have done it enough during field practice that I know that it's not a fluke. If I can throw a DX Cobra 340', then I should be able to throw a DX Destroyer 400'.
Which leads to:
Second Goal: Deuce Hole 5 at Richlands-Steed Park. 395' uphill with trees on the left that prevents a super flex line for my LHBH. That means it'll have to be raw, straight-line 400' distance without much flex, if any.

Get the 3 holes needed to reach 18 at Hidden Ridge completed.

- Play the remaining of the Top 25 courses in WI that I haven't gotten to, yet.
- Add at least 3 more new states played.